What are the best ice cream flavors? -

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Giffords up here in Maine has it and I have occasionally seen it around the country from other makers, but I've never heard of Denali.
...Weird. See, you'd think it was a matter of a bunch of different companies latching onto a name except every different company's Moose Tracks flavor I had was... well, the exact same. It's like Moose Tracks turned into common parlance in the vein of "mint chocolate chip". I had it first from the Denali brand, so I (perhaps mistakenly) assumed that was its origin and it got licensed out to other companies.

• Agree
Reactions: break these cuffs

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Giffords up here in Maine has it and I have occasionally seen it around the country from other makers, but I've never heard of Denali.
Who names an ice cream after a poor man's Escalade?

Does anyone remember the Ben & Jerry's Doonesbury sorbet? That shit was fire. I could kill a pint of that while watching 12 monkeys during the late 90's in the blink of an eye.

• DRINK!
Reactions: J A N D E K

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
B955D48F-F638-4992-A36D-8E6B89C0E7A7.jpeg

It was limited edition, but damn it was tasty

"Crafted to celebrate our favorite family destination, the Cincinnati Zoo. With a toffee ice cream base, salted roasted peanuts and milk chocolate caramel truffles, this chunky flavor is bound to be a favorite for adults and peanut-loving children alike. The best part is a portion of proceeds benefit the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden."

Reactions: Positron

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Way back when, enjoyed a certain brand of Cherry Chocolate Chip. Chips were very small. Delicious.

Maybe thirty years ago, had Toasted Coconut ice cream at a Baskin-Robbins in San Antonio. Great.

These days will eat Cherry Garcia ice cream, or cherry vanilla. Breyer's cherry vanilla is good. Schwan's is even better but costs twice Breyer's.

One particular ice cream preparation that was really great but apparently no longer available, least in my area, is Viennetta. A standing invitation to gluttony.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I remember that. Kind of like an ice cream cake filled with thin layers of chocolate wafers and pastry I think, right?

Pretty close. No pastry, no wafers, just layers of vanilla ice cream and chocolate, the kind you'd see on the outside of an ice cream bar. No longer sold in the USA.

Strangely enough, a Lithuanian ice cream company produces something somewhat similar, Violeta, which is sold in certain places in the USA. Next time I'm down in Santa Barbara, CA am heading for Whole Foods and buy a couple.

StyrofoamFridge

Altar boy of the Moonullite Synagogue
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bunny Tracks
Italian Wedding Cake
Chocolate G'nosh
Cookie Dough
Mint Chocolate Chip

I don't usually buy ice cream from a store. I prefer to get it from a ice cream shop.

I know of one in particular that whenever I visit that town even if the weather is shit I will get an ice cream because it's made on the premises and from local ingredients.

They have this coffee version, and a mango yogurt that is literally to die for.

Also childish, but admittedly bubblegum or tiger has a big nostalgia value.

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
Chocolate, cookies and cream and anything with brownies mixed in.

Last edited:

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
Almost anything Creamsicle or derivative of that. Other than that a light chocolate or Vanilla Chocolate mix.

KiwiKritter

Null’s degenerate spy
kiwifarms.net
Double Fudge Brownie is a good one in my opinion.
I also think any Strawberry cheesecake flavored ice cream is delicious

Reactions: Pop-Tart

Un Platano

big blatano xDDDD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everything Tillamook makes is good, and their best flavors in my opinion are their fruit flavored ones. Their absolute best flavor is marionberry pie. I don't know what a marionberry is and how it's any different from a blackberry, but they're great if this ice cream is anything to go by.

Tags
None