• ”FUCK YOU KIWI FORUM!”

What Are The Worst Character Designs You Have Ever Seen?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 8waifoofever8, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Klasky-Csupo's work is certainly hit or miss depending on designs, stories or characterizations. You either with it or not.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    #441 Trilby, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  2. http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Yoshitaka_Amano

I know this guy is beloved by a large group of people, but I've never liked his work. His final fantasy concept art never looks anything at all like the characters they're supposed to be, and in fact look like a 6 year old drew them. I think it's fitting that his name has the word "shit" in it.

Some of his "masterpieces".
    ff7-p-010-1-660x830.jpg
    FF7

16f71399e797b850b9a82a2586b96dbf.jpg
    FF8
    a9e4dfe327b0ebf0221ba315781c4503.jpg
    FF9

download.jpeg
    FF10

• Disagree Disagree x 21
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    UnKillFill

UnKillFill Bromance y'all.

kiwifarms.net
  3. This piece of scrap metal[​IMG]
    It barely looks anything like an actual Rhino. Seriously, they should have gone more this route in the design[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 7
    TheClorax

TheClorax Back, but won't post as much.

kiwifarms.net
  4. Clearly, you've never head of "Super Kid," a South Korean ripoff of Dragon Ball.
    The guy with the rocket boots takes the cake.

FLAWLESS CHARACTER DESIGN!
    Kazamoto-ep4.png
    Anyway, the decrease in quality is not an excuse when Aniplex was part of the production committee, and has pockets deeper than the Mariana Trench. Honestly, the LN source material itself might be iffy, because if it wasn't confusing enough already, a million new characters were introduced, and frankly the only good ones were Vorona and Akane Awakusu. I haven't even finished watching it two years later.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #444 CWCchange, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    CWCchange

CWCchange ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ

kiwifarms.net
  5. Back in the early 2000's I had to pick up a VCD out of Singapore of this one (apparently they had gotten Vancouver's Ocean Group to do the English version so you'd notice who does who if you're familiar with Ocean's dubs during the 90's.

kiwifarms.net
  6. TBH, Final Fantasy X's character designs as a whole could very well be the worst in the entire Final Fantasy series.
    The only designs I can think of that I actually like are Auron's and Jecht's (incidentally, they're also the only characters in X I actually like.)

• Agree Agree x 7
    NARPASSWORD

NARPASSWORD Kiwi Farms' shitposting, weeb hating furfag

kiwifarms.net
  7. The only thing worse than Amano's character designs are Nomura's post FF7. At least Amano had good monster design though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Your Weird Fetish

Your Weird Fetish Intersectional fetishist

kiwifarms.net
  8. Also, all of Shark Tale.
    [​IMG]

• Agree  x 19
    • Winner  x 3
    • Disagree  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    • Horrifying  x 1
    NARPASSWORD

kiwifarms.net
  9. That's very common with concept art in general since it's not meant to be the final product.

I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I could deal with Lulu's crazy belt dress because it somewhat makes sense in a weird way but looking back at Tidus and Wakka raises some questions. They're swimmers but those do not look like water friendly clothes.

• Agree Agree x 7
    #449 John Titor, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    John Titor

John Titor Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself

kiwifarms.net
  10. Sharks seem to be the less creepy thing in this piece.

The other fish look downright ugly.

• Agree Agree x 9
    weirdMcGee

weirdMcGee m'lady witch

kiwifarms.net
  11. Seriously, why did they thought it was a good idea to give the lead fish Will Smith's face. Did they seriously not think about creepy that looks.
    And also, while I'm fully aware that Battlefield Earth is an easy target, I just got to say that the designs for the Psychlos are simply atrocious.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 10
    NARPASSWORD

kiwifarms.net
  12. What is wrong with your faaaaaaaaaaaaace

• Agree Agree x 14
    Jordan Peele

Jordan Peele Oscar Winner

kiwifarms.net
  13. Really? It's common for professional art to look worse than something my 6 year old niece crapped out? Color me surprised.

• Autistic  x 5
    • Like  x 1
    • Dislike  x 1
    • Disagree  x 1
    • Horrifying  x 1
    UnKillFill

UnKillFill Bromance y'all.

kiwifarms.net
  14. This:
    [​IMG]

Like, what the fuck were they thinking? New tas designs in general were hit and miss, but good god, they decided to just not give a fuck with this one.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    #454 aqua sama, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    aqua sama

aqua sama nature's beauty

kiwifarms.net
  15. I am a child of the 80s and 90s. I lived through the "dark ages" of comics and y'know what? I love it for being so awesomely terrible. let me introduce to one of my favorite characters, and I mean that with complete unironic conviction:

[​IMG]

Behold: Adam-X: The EXTREME.

[​IMG]
    So if wasn't already painfully obvious, Adam-X THE EXTREME was a product of the 90s. A human-Shi'ar hybrid, he appeared a few times in Marvel over the years, mostly in X-men and X-Force. Adam-X was a skilled hand to hand combatant whose superpower was the ability to BOIL THE BLOOD of his enemies-- but only if they had an open wound, hence is why he looks like he raided The Shredder's closet.

[​IMG]

Like all new franchise characters, Marvel tried their damndest to push this character. He was in a a couple of their X-men trading card sets, hell he even had an action figure. At one time, he was also supposed to be the third forgotten Summers brother, making him brother to both Cyclops and Havok. But alas, Marvel's editorial department reneged on that idea and by the end of the 90s, Adam-X THE EXTREME has fallen into obscurity, with only a couple of gag appearances since.

EXTREEEEEEEEME.

• Winner  x 8
    • Like  x 2
    • Informative  x 2
    • Agree  x 1
    • Horrifying  x 1
    #455 _blank_, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    _blank_

_blank_ The Charles Dickens of Disco
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. TAS Joker is completely fine. People hate on him just cause they find the eyes weird.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Somsnosa

Somsnosa Look at me! I'm the pope now

kiwifarms.net
  17. Tas joker was fine. Instead what I did say was: ''new tas'' joker wasnt.
    In fact, later, in return of the joker and justice league, they changed him again and made him more similar to his old tas design, completely removing the dumb black eyes.

• Like Like x 2
    aqua sama

aqua sama nature's beauty

kiwifarms.net
  18. I’m sure he’s been mentioned in this thread before, but Spiderus.
    at one point spiderus was a meme and that reminded me how I still can’t get over how hideous this fucker is, he crept me out during my childhood and he creeps me out now

[​IMG]

The latter light novels were extremely convoluted tbh. Like they focused too much on Izaya, Mikado, and Shizuo, all characters I don’t like (I only like shizuo being supported by varona because varona makes him stop acting like such a lunatic, in a way) and didn’t focus enough on the potentially interesting backgrounders. So I lost a lot of faith in the series, but I still preferred the LN to the anime. I also favor a character that basically no one does so it’s hard enough as is being into DRRR. I love the setting but some of the characters are so fucking insufferable, it’s still one of my fav series bc of the setting, but i definitely would’ve killed Izaya early on and handed the “villainy” to someone else. when all the whiny little fifteen year old bitches were wetting their pussies over izaya and shizuo’s ugly and bland asses, I was the cliched “not like other fangirls” type, so I always liked the more minor characters, and I really liked a man that nobody cared much about, so I always felt like a huge loser in that regard, which is why I hated the series general lack of cohesion when it came to foucus. I find izaya to be bland and uninteresting (he’s literally my most hated character in fiction, period because he’s an overrated and stupid edgelord who isn’t funny or clever at all and all I want to do is punch him in his fugly face), so bland and uninteresting, and all I wanted him to do was to die. It sucked because I liked most of the raira trio except mikado, loved Shinra and Celty, liked Kadotas gang, Akane, Varona, Izumii and other characters who I won’t mention. Can I also just say that the ending of the LN and the anime was equal garbage? It sucked so bad. So the animation/design flaws were just the icing on top of the heaping cake of shit and piss for me.

People I knew back in my old DRRR fandom days complained about the design of the above yakuza exec pictured in your post by the way, I knew a girl who loved the Awakusu arcs and she and I both agreed that wasn’t at all how he was supposed to look. I know a lot of characters weren’t given illustrations in the novel but I don’t understand how they can fundamentally fuck human anatomy up so badly. It’s not that hard to draw a man who has snakelike features while still making him resemble a human.

• Like Like x 1
    #458 Shit Waifu, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Shit Waifu

Shit Waifu shoved you out an overton window

kiwifarms.net
  19. The worst part is the original concept art has Titus's outfit as just a black version of Jecht's outfit that for some reason was canned in favor of the belted lederhosen nightmare.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. He was barely a meme for more than maybe a week at most.
    As for the design, the detailed face on a retardedly simplistic body is pretty creepy.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    TheClorax

TheClorax Back, but won't post as much.

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.