What Are The Worst Character Designs You Have Ever Seen? -

Queen Of The Harpies

I drink and talk profanely
kiwifarms.net
Bad designs Pokemon edition!
Interesting, but this is way too cluttered. Remove the garter belt and give him actual pants or a jumpsuit. Removing some of the yellow in the midsection as well could lead an easier read of the design.
View attachment 1300404
Emerald, his eyebrows look like antennae and the pumps are ridiculous. He's a nasty looking little scamp.
View attachment 1300305.
I'm sorry, but Rosa looks like shit. Look at that weird skirt-shorts, the shoes, the massive hair buns, the visor, the white pupils. One of those elements would have been an interesting piece on an otherwise grounded design, all of them on one girl though is just ugly.
View attachment 1300416
Most of the ORAS redesigns are great, Wallace however is among the few worse off. The new design just looks goofy and impractical. Compare the ORAS design to his original. He now looks like a gay comic relief in some terrible fantasy anime. The original isn't spectacular, but at least he looks somewhat like a Pokemon trainer.
View attachment 1300355 View attachment 1300358
This is not a bad design, but I want you to take a long look at the anatomy and proportions. A lot of the new art this generation is just off, but his is the absolute worst.
View attachment 1300384
Pokemon is slowly becoming Final Fantasy

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net

Ascendancy0

Business or Pleasure?
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't OK KO that show that had storyboard artists that publicly thirsted over that Professor Venomous guy despite the show itself being for kids 7 and up? I never got the appeal of that character.
professor_venomous.png

He isn't as shitty looking as the other characters but that's probably because the crew wanted someone they could drool over.

PopRocks

it prounouced Ca-Kow!
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't OK KO that show that had storyboard artists that publicly thirsted over that Professor Venomous guy despite the show itself being for kids 7 and up? I never got the appeal of that character.
View attachment 1380861
He isn't as shitty looking as the other characters but that's probably because the crew wanted someone they could drool over.
Evil scientist dad. it's enough for some people.

The Old Lurker

Jungle Jitters
kiwifarms.net
The villain from Final Fantasy X.
View attachment 1425039
The outfit is already one of the worst things ever but what the fuck is up with that hair?
That shit stands out even in Final Fantasy where everyone looks like a weirdo.
View attachment 1425040
This looks like what people who have never seen anime think anime looks like after watching a single Yu-gi-oh episode.

I Love Beef

お前わもう。。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
Probably not a character design, but the cherry on top of the game that got me to say "lol nope FFXIII series is a mistake".

1593895927010.png
This FUCKING THING. This wannabe Soul Edge motherfucking sword. Just what in the FUCK IS THIS. My head hurts looking at this because I am wondering how to use this as not a video game character. I do not have the glory of clipping through shit and avoiding friendly fire and hindrance by my own equipment. This would be something I'd see off of a monster more than an antagonist, and probably for a disposable superboss in a series of extra superbosses. I understand this is supposed to be in the motif of something chaotic, something related with the primordial chaos of creation, but with all of FFXIII's lackluster weapon design, this is the defining thing that fucking nails the coffin for me.

And I am usually the motherfucker who enjoys and tolerates Nomura's stuff. XIII was too "rule of cool" trying to be deep trying to mimick anime and 1990s JRPGs. PS You want a better Chaos Blade?

1593896444730.png
1593896452808.png
1593896566570.png

THERE.

Dr. Studman M.D.

Doctor of Thugecology
kiwifarms.net
We talking about weapon and armor design now? Cool.

BC7C9792-677F-483D-A931-79353B634DE8.jpeg

When you first see this set, what do you think? This is leveling gear? Nope this is from the raid Uldir. Your reward in beating the hardest content at the time you get this highly unremarkable armor set. At least you still have cool armor from past content to transmogrify.

These motherfuckers on the other hand don’t look good in anything.

DE46A77D-6D3E-4834-AD28-22B9884CA4F2.jpeg

You take one of the least liked races, and made it worst.

CakeCutey

Sweet Sweet Pastry Puncher
kiwifarms.net
Wasn’t enough to make Snagglepuss a flaming homosexual, they had to turn the old cartoons into CalArts shit.
I never understood that. I mean he just talked funny. Not really something I'd call gay.
Wait, what?
I think they're referring to the fact he has eyelashes in the picture above.
At least I hope that's the case.

Flaming Insignias

Ready for anything
kiwifarms.net
You know, I may have jumped to conclusions about Jellystone. The show's apparently being developed by C H Greenblatt, who's actually a pretty good animator known for the shows Chowder and Harvey Beaks, alongside having done work for Spongebob and Grim Adventures/Evil con Carne. The art style isn't my cup of tea compared to the classic Hanna-Barbera style, but it's not exactly Becky Sucrose's jellybean mouth style.

Tags
None