What Are The Worst Character Designs You Have Ever Seen? -

FluffyTehFennekin

Putting chemicals in music that turns weebs gay!
kiwifarms.net
You know, I may have jumped to conclusions about Jellystone. The show's apparently being developed by C H Greenblatt, who's actually a pretty good animator known for the shows Chowder and Harvey Beaks, alongside having done work for Spongebob and Grim Adventures/Evil con Carne. The art style isn't my cup of tea compared to the classic Hanna-Barbera style, but it's not exactly Becky Sucrose's jellybean mouth style.
OMG, it does looks like Chowder! I actually liked Chowder.

Minxy the Jinx

Mental things is impor'ent
kiwifarms.net

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net

Mao Hao Hao

Nyaaaa....
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1429209

This is an actual costume for the Clown in Dead by Daylight. Someone saw the concept art in a contest and approved it.
To be fair, if I saw that running at me in the dark, I would probably still run in horror. It works as a handmade, gross costume made by a mentally handicapped murderous clown. It reminds me a little of the clown from American Horror Story and the things he would create/come up with.

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably not a character design, but the cherry on top of the game that got me to say "lol nope FFXIII series is a mistake".
This FUCKING THING. This wannabe Soul Edge motherfucking sword. Just what in the FUCK IS THIS. My head hurts looking at this because I am wondering how to use this as not a video game character. I do not have the glory of clipping through shit and avoiding friendly fire and hindrance by my own equipment. This would be something I'd see off of a monster more than an antagonist, and probably for a disposable superboss in a series of extra superbosses. I understand this is supposed to be in the motif of something chaotic, something related with the primordial chaos of creation, but with all of FFXIII's lackluster weapon design, this is the defining thing that fucking nails the coffin for me.

And I am usually the motherfucker who enjoys and tolerates Nomura's stuff. XIII was too "rule of cool" trying to be deep trying to mimick anime and 1990s JRPGs. PS You want a better Chaos Blade?

View attachment 1427811View attachment 1427812View attachment 1427822

THERE.
FFXIII wasn't the first Final Fantasy game to have terrible weapon design. Behold, FFXI's "vagina sword"!

And this isn't just any weapon either, but one of the game's ultimate weapons, specifically Epeolatry, the Aeonic Weapon for the Rune Fencer job (class). What were they thinking when they designed this? Probably, "with all this overtime I'm literally sleeping at work and haven't even seen pussy in months."

I Love Beef

お前わもう。。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
FFXIII wasn't the first Final Fantasy game to have terrible weapon design. Behold, FFXI's "vagina sword"!

And this isn't just any weapon either, but one of the game's ultimate weapons, specifically Epeolatry, the Aeonic Weapon for the Rune Fencer job (class). What were they thinking when they designed this? Probably, "with all this overtime I'm literally sleeping at work and haven't even seen pussy in months."
Now that I can explain. That expansion's additional classes was handled by and created by Kazushi Hagiwara, a manga artist who primarily works on doujinshi (sexual ones at that), and is only known out here for BASTARD!!: A Heavy Metal Fantasy, which is everything from the 80's put into a post apocalyptic fantasy anime and whose main character is a warlock sex god. I swear that this was most likely not unintentional. If it's not the design, it's always the coloration....

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
I present the gang of dudão, an old religious children's magazine from my shit hole, it is a poor copy of another more popular magazine here, the style of the characters is so bizarre that it ended up becoming a meme here, I think it is hideous.
View attachment 1429178
View attachment 1429181

Evangelion edit:
View attachment 1429187
Holy shit! Eyes do not do that! Those designs give me the same creepy feeling I get when I see an animal or person with either cyclopia or facial duplication. You know something has gone terribly wrong with the development process of the face, and the fact that the resulting creature is still alive and staring right at you gives your very soul the heebie jeebies. The only religion those comics support is Atheism, since there's no way a loving God would ever make people with eyetits and unibrows...

As for Final Fantasy swords, their sword designs have always been ridiculous, but this has to be the worst I've seen.

terriblesword.jpg

You're actually expected to fight with this? It has so many jagged edges and overhangs that it would immediately hook on something while being swung, or your opponent would simply catch his straight blade on one of the curved bits and yank the sword out of the user's hands. The only use for this sword is ceremonial, or, if it has magic, it could be used to cast spells, but you might as well turn it into a staff at that point.

As far as live action swords go, nothing beats the three-bladed sword from The Sword and the Sorceror for ridiculousness:

This movie tries very hard to be awesome and contains lots of over the top insanity like this. And if you're a certain age, you'll know the main character better as Matt Houston from the titular television show, wearing a loincloth and a bad rug, so that makes it seem even more ridiculous. The thought of a sword that can shoot blades should be awesome, but it kind of falls flat in execution. I was hoping it would be more like the Glaive from Krull (which is an awesome design,) but a three bladed sword where the blades are perpendicular to each other just looks unwieldy, And how do you sheath the damn thing?

MalWart

Lawn Mower Parts Salesman
kiwifarms.net

That looks more like a medical illustration of a cock than a sword tbh.

Tags
None