What Are The Worst Character Designs You Have Ever Seen? -

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Final Fantasy X-2 had some hideous character designs. (Don't get me started on the majority of the dress sphere outfits.)
View attachment 1459759
View attachment 1459760
Ah, the old "Put on a jumpsuit, coat yourself in glue, and jump into a rummage sale" style of clothing design. I hate how nothing in the FFX-2 looks remotely practical. How the hell do characters go to the bathroom? Imagine your bladder nearly exploding, and you're forced to undo 100 belts, take off both of the armored gloves that you're perpetually wearing, unbuckle the armor from one of your legs, and unzip a leotard so that you can whip your wang out and do your business. Everyone in this world would have needed to use dress spheres just to get out of their clothing fast enough to pee. Maybe that's why they were developed.

Cyril Sneer

Why is the "Peace" symbol a Norse "Death" rune?
kiwifarms.net
Hasbro's latest attempt at resuscitating the moribund G.I. Joe brand:

GIJoeDS-23.jpg

The designs are so unnecessarily busy (unsuccessfully attempting to be futuristic while simultaneously invoking the characters' original costumes much too directly) that they end up being less than the sum of their parts.

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1461377

The designs are so unnecessarily busy (unsuccessfully attempting to be futuristic while simultaneously invoking the characters' original costumes much too directly) that they end up being less than the sum of their parts.
The Crye combat uniforms in the movies were much more realistic anyway.

Cyril Sneer

Why is the "Peace" symbol a Norse "Death" rune?
kiwifarms.net
The Crye combat uniforms in the movies were much more realistic anyway.
True. They did a reasonable job of maintaining the brand's long-established "20 Minutes in the Future" aesthetic in the second film with the uniforms and body armor, although the individuation of the characters' costumes on the Joe side was a bit lacking (with the exception of Snake Eyes, obviously).

For my money, the best official attempt at modernizing a classic G.I. Joe costume would probably be Duke from the 2009 Resolute animated mini-series. The Resolute version does a nice job of maintaining the beats and color palate of the original design while translating them to a more modern selection of clothing and equipment:

36cf343baa7bf1145d556bd13095fc05.jpg

And here's my favorite unofficial redesign:

Image result for resolute duke.jpg

Last edited:

Minxy the Jinx

Mental things is impor'ent
kiwifarms.net
Uzaki’s look in the anime adaptation makes me want to rip my eyeballs out and it’s not because of her massive double-d knockers.
View attachment 1450728
View attachment 1450735
I know that tomboys exist but she just looked way too much like an actual guy to me.
Personally, the worst thing about her design is the fact that it's really generic. But it's nothing I'd consider offensive in any way.

Munchingonfish

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1461377

At least they didn't turn Scarlet into a black woman?

HannibalLecter

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1461377

Duke's shin guards are a little extra but I'm having no trouble scanning these. What would you trim?

Tags
None