What are you listening to right now? -

IcyHotStuntaz

kiwifarms.net
This is probably my favorite of the Iron Maiden album-ending epics.... and arguably the least known from their "classic" years. While the lyrics are a bit... uhhh.. obtuse... as they are about the sci-fi novel "Dune", musically this one is pretty much unimpeachable. This one has all the great ingredients of a Maiden epic: a nice slowly building intro, killer bass work, soaring operatic lyrics, guitarists taking turns swapping solos and teaming up for insane harmony work, then bringing it full circle in the outro.

Cistern Rumbler

[disgusting sounds]
kiwifarms.net
This is probably my favorite of the Iron Maiden album-ending epics.... and arguably the least known from their "classic" years. While the lyrics are a bit... uhhh.. obtuse... as they are about the sci-fi novel "Dune", musically this one is pretty much unimpeachable. This one has all the great ingredients of a Maiden epic: a nice slowly building intro, killer bass work, soaring operatic lyrics, guitarists taking turns swapping solos and teaming up for insane harmony work, then bringing it full circle in the outro.

Mine too! In fact the final 3 songs are among my favorite trilogy of tracks on any album ever.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox
Tags
None