What are you playing right now? -

Cheese-Loving Citizen

Get Your Free TVs!
kiwifarms.net
Just started an actual playthrough of Thief Gold after replaying Bafford's Manor 27 times, currently in the level where you search for the Fire Talisman. It's a good stealth game, but has some quirks. Sometimes climbing doesn't work, getting onto/off ladders and ropes is a hit-or-miss (sometimes you'll even launch yourself due to buggy physics), and the A.I. often shits itself - case one: throw a bottle somewhere near a guard and their pathing will become a mess.

Still a good game so far. I like the level design, both in gameplay and aesthetic. Levels loop around and rooms have multiple pathways and entry points instead of just one big stealth arena after another being connected by loadzones. Confusing as fuck for my directionally-challenged brain though - maps are practically useless for me. I also like the world it's set in. A steampunk-fantasy city that's a bit more modernized, with a mixture of newer steampunk tech and magic shit.

Go get it if you want a stealth game where even the surface you step on matters on whether you get caught or not. Also why the fuck does it sound like Garrett wears that click-clackiest of high heels every mission.

• Semper Fidelis
Reactions: Oban Kamz

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
I just picked up Graveyard Keeper. It's like a morbid Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley
Just started an actual playthrough of Thief Gold after replaying Bafford's Manor 27 times, currently in the level where you search for the Fire Talisman. It's a good stealth game, but has some quirks. Sometimes climbing doesn't work, getting onto/off ladders and ropes is a hit-or-miss (sometimes you'll even launch yourself due to buggy physics), and the A.I. often shits itself - case one: throw a bottle somewhere near a guard and their pathing will become a mess.

Still a good game so far. I like the level design, both in gameplay and aesthetic. Levels loop around and rooms have multiple pathways and entry points instead of just one big stealth arena after another being connected by loadzones. Confusing as fuck for my directionally-challenged brain though - maps are practically useless for me. I also like the world it's set in. A steampunk-fantasy city that's a bit more modernized, with a mixture of newer steampunk tech and magic shit.

Go get it if you want a stealth game where even the surface you step on matters on whether you get caught or not. Also why the fuck does it sound like Garrett wears that click-clackiest of high heels every mission.
I'm still struggling through the Thieves Guild level where you have to go through the sewers and find the blue vase. I keep getting lost.

• Semper Fidelis

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
I've been binging Red Dead online, but it's quickly losing its lustre. I've done all the story missions, max ranked the careers, and none of my friends play it with me. Feels like Rock Star has abandoned it. I love the atmosphere and setting more than GTA and it's sad that it feels so empty.

• Semper Fidelis

Cheese-Loving Citizen

Get Your Free TVs!
kiwifarms.net
I'm still struggling through the Thieves Guild level where you have to go through the sewers and find the blue vase. I keep getting lost.
That level was the worst. The given map does fuck all and you have to do a lot of backtracking. It doesn't really help that the look of the level doesn't change much on either side - just more red bricks and sewage. Boring and tedious tbh.

If you keep getting lost, a trick that work for me is to just keep heading in the general direction of where you're supposed to go. If you're heading east, keep heading east and if you approach a dead end, find another path that keeps heading east until you're where you're supposed to be. A bit dumb, but sorta works.

And if you're autistic enough, you can just get some pen and paper and map out the level as you go. Doesn't have to be detailed, just enough that you can figure out the general layout. I did it for the first Haunted Cathedral level because I kept missing loot.

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
Dusted off my Gamecube and I'm playing King Kong (2005). Super ambitious and impressive for its time. The FPS levels are awesome, even if the graphics are dated. The Kong sections are clunky as hell but thankfully are shorter than the other sections. Game has fantastic atmosphere. They didn't need to try this hard for a licensed game but they went above and beyond the line of duty to make a fun creepy crawly adventure.

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been playing Exanima for the last few days. The atmosphere for it kinda reminds me of the King's Field games made by From Software. Combat is also a bit jank in the physics and there's a couple cheap enemies but beyond that, I had my share of fun with it's story mode that the devs have yet to finish making.

• Semper Fidelis

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
Trying to get 2000 on every Lumosity game, starting with the math ones. Here's my experience so far:
  • Raindrops was super easy, got 2000 after three tries.
  • Getting past 1950 in Halve Your Cake was reasonably difficult.
  • Top That isn't too hard, but it took way longer than it should've because the RNG is so over the place it's literally impossible to get a 2000 half the time.
  • Getting the last 150 points in Magic Chance requires making a cheat sheet of the very limited possibilities and doing it fast enough to get the time bonuses.
  • Haven't finished Chalkboard Challenge yet, but it's actually pretty difficult to get past 1850 on it.

• Semper Fidelis

chaosrevolutions

You will see the tears of time
kiwifarms.net
Megaman X2 from the X Collection Nintendo Switch

Crystal Snail, Wheel Gator, and Magna Centipede have got to be a speed runners worst nightmare. they take so long even with weakness cause you gotta wait for the animation movement to finish . Wheel Gator is very annoying hiding in the water even with weakness you gotta wait.

I don't mind fighting the maverick bosses legit first time but when it comes to the boss rush I prefer to cheese so I can preserve as much health and energy tanks for Sigma lol

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got Collection of Mana for Christmas this year and only just now started playing it (I was playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 for a while and then Animal Crossing happened). It's a collection of three games; Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Trials of Mana. I'm playing FFA right now and have been really enjoying it. It's very much like an old Zelda game.

• Feels
Reactions: Pissmaster

Elric of Melnibone

kiwifarms.net
Picked up Fallout 76 against my better judgement on the steam summer sale [I am nothing if not a complete fallout nerd] as well as Yakuza Zero. Have been enjoying roaming about on Fallout 76 a bit too much, in spite of the bs microtransactions and the abundance of glitches, its still just fun to roam around shooting, looting, and listening to rockabilly tunes. Haven't played much of Yakuza yet, its been a series on my backlog list for quite a while and since this is a prequel I figured $5 was just too good to pass up. Other than that, I am also finally knocking Dungeon Keeper off my list, and its been one of the bigger enjoyments of the past week or so. The surprising thing is how little gameplay there is when you look at it as a whole, yet it still manages to be fun as hell to play. It really scratches that evil overlord itch unlike any other game I have played. The amount of joy I get when I dump some demons into groups of do gooders and then slap them for good measure is criminal.

Tags
die null