What are you playing right now? -

PoyoSato

Cute Japanese Round Cat
kiwifarms.net
Monster Hunter Generation Ultimate. Played the Japanese version about 3 years ago and spent about 500 hours on it. Now I'm over 100 hours in since I started around the beginning of May. This time, I tried to learn how to use weapons that I never used before, so I can get different experience.

• Feels
Reactions: ProfDongs

Inflatable Julay

I have to stand up to play the git-tar
kiwifarms.net
Persona 4 on Steam is fucking amazing, I haven't been this into a JRPG type game since high school. Closest I've played to this series before has been Catherine, are the other games worth checking out? No PS4 so I can't play 5.

Also, is there any fix for the cutscenes stuttering? Apparently it's a common problem but I haven't found a good answer.

Gravityqueen4life

Red Apple yumyum
kiwifarms.net
Persona 4 on Steam is fucking amazing, I haven't been this into a JRPG type game since high school. Closest I've played to this series before has been Catherine, are the other games worth checking out? No PS4 so I can't play 5.

Also, is there any fix for the cutscenes stuttering? Apparently it's a common problem but I haven't found a good answer.
persona 3 is alright. may be a bit to outdated for your taste. maybe try other shimi gami tensei games like nocturn or shimi gami tensei 4?

Lonely Grave

naked and alone, we die
kiwifarms.net
I fired up Elite: Dangerous after getting it on sale and got turned off by the ludicrous galaxy size and the repetitiveness. The "realism" is nice but after all the convenience in EVE the monotony of Elite is not something I want.

Townscaper, while technically not a game, was charming and intriguing. It was fun finding all the little features that could be generated.

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
Updated Cemu, the Wii U emulator, and downloaded Xenoblade Chronicles X.
What a good game. I wouldn't go out and buy a Wii U for it, but it's a pretty damn solid RPG.
Probably the closest thing to a Japanese version of Mass Effect.
Amazing soundtrack too.
And Elma is a total hottie.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
Tales of Bersiria but I don't think I'm gonna keep going. Nothing about this game keeps me going, the combat feels like shit, and the story feels boring as fuck. And oh god the padding. I was told this was one of the best ones in the series (I've only played Symphonia) and if this is all that can be offered I want nothing to do with it.

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
Beside Yakuza 3, I'm playing Postal 2. Should of picked a harder difficulty, Average is almost a cake-walk. I mean I massacred my way to the police outfit like 4 times, last time with the sawn-off shotgun so it WAS cake-walk.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
Tales of Bersiria but I don't think I'm gonna keep going. Nothing about this game keeps me going, the combat feels like shit, and the story feels boring as fuck. And oh god the padding. I was told this was one of the best ones in the series (I've only played Symphonia) and if this is all that can be offered I want nothing to do with it.
Tales games have always seemed stale and overly generic, I played through Symphonia, Legendia, and some game on the PSP and I felt like that was enough. Abyss, Vesperia and Berseria are supposed to be highlights of the franchise but even then they never stood out. The franchise has still fared better than Star Ocean I think, not by much though.
Best games for getting into the franchise are these I think: Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1&2, SMT4, and P3(p3p if you need direct command). The Devil Survivor games are also really good, the mechanics are TRPG instead of the Press Turn/One More JRPG. Most PS2 games got a late print sometime during PS3 so they're all pretty cheap (except Raidou), DS and 3DS games seem to hold their value though.

I started right up on Etrian Odyssey 5. Hearing voices in the game was really weird, but being able to turn them off and having a synth music DLC is great. The new classes are neat, although I tend to build traditional parties, so I haven't tried them out too much. Really liking the Pugilist though, one of the better Bind classes along with Dark Hunter from 1. Not sure how I feel about forging yet, I like seeing numbers go up but the mat farming is going to become real. The different races are alright, I like that it adds more visual flavor and gives a little more to the world, and mechanically it will be neat to see how it meshes with sub-classing (assuming its still in). I'm only at the 5th floor of the first maze but plugging away and enjoying it. RIP over world, nobody ever knew what to do with you.

Reactions: Inflatable Julay

Damien Thorne

kiwifarms.net
Playing through The Evil Within for the first time. The opening level had me tense with suspense, but so far the rest of the game has not maintained that.

Naamaleipuri

kiwifarms.net
Huh.. I loved Berseria and thought the combat actually felt challenging.
If you liked Symphonia, I suggest you try Tales of the Abyss with a PS2 emulator. It's by far my favorite Tales game.

Dr. Geronimo

kiwifarms.net
Huh.. I loved Berseria and thought the combat actually felt challenging.
If you liked Symphonia, I suggest you try Tales of the Abyss with a PS2 emulator. It's by far my favorite Tales game.
I get that the combat is a huge step up, but I feel like the combo system needed more refinement. It's really easy actually to make 'dead end' combos and you're left wondering.

I'm not calling the game easy or simple (god no), I just think that when you compare it to something like DMC5 it just makes you wonder why you're trodding through it.

That's actually an issue I've had recently. All these action RPGS feel intentionally gimped, like they had to do it intentionally to keep it feeling like an RPG. FF7R has that issue big time. The game would lose literally nothing if they dropped that stagger bullshit and let you go to town.

Naamaleipuri

kiwifarms.net
I get that the combat is a huge step up, but I feel like the combo system needed more refinement. It's really easy actually to make 'dead end' combos and you're left wondering.

I'm not calling the game easy or simple (god no), I just think that when you compare it to something like DMC5 it just makes you wonder why you're trodding through it.

That's actually an issue I've had recently. All these action RPGS feel intentionally gimped, like they had to do it intentionally to keep it feeling like an RPG. FF7R has that issue big time. The game would lose literally nothing if they dropped that stagger bullshit and let you go to town.
Hmm.. Interesting. I loved FF7R combat I got chills everytime I perfect comboed a boss and finished it with a perfect punisher attack.
About Berseria though, play it a little more, play other characters. It's good fun. And the story actually expands quite a lot. And if you got buddies, get some couch co-op done.

Reactions: Dr. Geronimo

Dr. Geronimo

kiwifarms.net
Hmm.. Interesting. I loved FF7R combat I got chills everytime I perfect comboed a boss and finished it with a perfect punisher attack.
About Berseria though, play it a little more, play other characters. It's good fun. And the story actually expands quite a lot. And if you got buddies, get some couch co-op done.
I'm gonna give it another 2 hours. If it doesn't get better I'll probably just try DQ11

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I played some SimIsle today for the first time in years.

It's not the best of the non-SimCity Sim games, and it's a bit rough round the edges in terms of its mechanics. For instance, making a profit on anything requiring complex infrastructure is rather difficult and simple heavy industry and/or tourist traps are unduly profitable, esp. if you luck out and your explorer stumbles across a native burial ground or a lost city.

However, that soundtrack, and the fact you really couldn't get away with it nowadays (the game is about exploiting the shit out of an untouched South East Asian island and its peaceful grass-skirted natives) makes it worthwhile. The in-game codex about what they based the island and its ecology and culture on is also genuinely interesting.

James Roancrest

kiwifarms.net
Finally got KOTOR to run on my PC in 1440p. Even though KOTOR II was buggy and unfinished, I had forgotten how many quality of life changes and new features Obsidian added. I wish we had gotten KOTOR III.

Last edited:

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
Just finished playing TWEWY: Final Remix. It's been a while since I played a game with touch controls that was actually fun. Comboing enemies in the game can be pretty satisfying with the right pin setups. I want to hunt down a copy of the original version so I can experience it gameplay wise since I heard it's so unique.

I may also play through the post game content though I heard A New Day is sequel bait AF.

• Thunk-Provoking
Tags
die null