What are you playing right now? -

Tor Lugosi

The Holy One of Israel
kiwifarms.net
Switching between Persona 4: Golden and Tales of Berseria. With P4 I always do each dungeon as soon as possible and in one go, which means large chunks of the game aren't much more than a VN, which can get boring. Once that gets tiring I switch over to ToB, which I play until I start to get bored of the combat and dungeons, and then I either switch back over to P4 or take a break from both for a few days.

Reactions: ProfDongs

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
A good amount of FighterZ lately, mostly me getting dumpstered online. Bought Gogeta and Super Broly to try them out, and Gogeta seems like he has the most going on for what you can do with his beam attack and its really intriguing to me. Usually characters just get a neutral, qcf and occasionally qcb that do pretty standard things but his has a bit more going on with 3-4 variations of the beam and then another set for fakeout moves. Broly I haven't played too much of but he seems neat. The animation really stands out on their specials and it seems like they tried to get some of the style of the movie incorporated which really adds to them.

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Playing Lacrimosa of Dana on Switch
Kinda choppy and the characters vanish when in field. Like I cant see them running behind me...is that normal?

albertbrown26

#1 Bill Hicks fan
kiwifarms.net
Super Paper Mario.

Because I don’t have The Thousand Year Door, and The Origami King is out today, but I want to wait to see how well it does before I do anything with it.

Reactions: Slap47

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
Played GTA V with a friend and a random, did some of the setup for Act 1 of the Doomsday Heist. Did a few rounds in Kiwami 2's coliseum. Beat Komaki's ass, while Majima hit the electric fence and took himself out.

Overcast

Mmmph...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jade Cocoon. I'm at the Spider Forest and I'm kinda surprised at how engrossed I am in the game. Story's pretty interesting, voice acting is pretty good for JRPG standards at the time, and the battle mechanics, while simple are pretty addictive. Fusing my minions together and seeing their forms shift and change based on all the different critters they fuse with is fun in of itself.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Started dabbling in Watch Dogs 2 since Legion piqued my curiosity. Siccing cops and gang members at each other rules.

• Agree
Reactions: Cod of War

Peep Plops

kiwifarms.net
Like the retard I am I went out and bought Ghost of Tsushima and three hours in I'm about ready to toss it. It's the same fucking boring assassins creed/uncharted/arkham garbage yet again. Floaty unsatisfying combat, dull outposts to clear and the fucking ever present skill tree bullshit wherein you learn such advanced techniques as parrying and rolling. I'd think a samurai would know these already but I guess coming up with fresh ideas is just too much effort diverted away from polishing graphics and leaves flying everywhere. The world also suffers from the same problem as every other open world game thos generation, as in it is completely dead feeling but sure is pretty though.

Nom Carver

Pandemic did it better.
kiwifarms.net
I've been absolutely addicted to StarSector recently. Really great game, it's a shame nobody's really heard about it. Basically it's a top-down space game that emphasizes allowing you to do whatever you want and finding it profitable, piracy, trading, smuggling illegal goods, exploring and scavenging abandoned technology so on and so forth are all viable, and it's great. Really neat setting, too. I thoroughly recommend it for $15.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Beyond a Steel Sky. Just beat it today, in fact. This is the sequel to the 16 bit pointy clicky adventure Beneath a Steel Sky.

This, boys and girls, is how you do a sequel to a 20+ year old game and make it good. It's not just more of the same, but it doesn't totally disrespect all the characters from the first one. The new characters are also pretty good, for the most part. Well, Orana Newblood notwithstanding, she was a bit meh. But Songbird, Ember the teenage scavenger, Willard, Reginald the Poet Laureate, and Mentor Alonso are all worth it. Of the returning characters, they got Robert Foster the protagonist and his robot sidekick Joey down absolutely pat, and Lady Piermont was her insufferable yet captivating self. But other than that, there were no other returning characters. Pity; I would have liked to see Hobbins or Gilbert "REAL BEAVER FUR!" Lamb.

Thematically, it's kind of horseshoe theory in action. How the utopia where everyone is happy all of the time is just as shitty as the dystopia where everyone is being forced to conform.

I really liked the hacking minigame and the ability to fiddly-fuck with all the city's systems and copy data from one area to another area, so you can have cleaning drones recite terrible poetry as they float around and suchlike.

Best thing Revolution Software has done since Broken Sword 2. If they are wise, they'll leave well enough alone and come up with something totally new. Though given the references to their very first release, Lure of the Temptress, scattered within, I suspect they may be testing the waters to reboot that. All I have to say to that is - no. Just no. Lure is very much the work of a novice dev team and it's "better out than in" so to speak.

Dreamer

Cube Snek
kiwifarms.net
I've been absolutely addicted to StarSector recently. Really great game, it's a shame nobody's really heard about it. Basically it's a top-down space game that emphasizes allowing you to do whatever you want and finding it profitable, piracy, trading, smuggling illegal goods, exploring and scavenging abandoned technology so on and so forth are all viable, and it's great. Really neat setting, too. I thoroughly recommend it for $15.
Starsector is real good, especially with some faction mods.

I've been playing some Dark Mod levels on and off, they're hit or miss but at least i can tell what the stage is supposed to be unlike Thief 1 and 2.
I wish Arcane would make another Dishonored at some point.

St8Bustah

分かりませんwwwww
kiwifarms.net
PSO2jp as there's literally nothing else I care about that's coming out until 13 Sentinels releases in September

Tags
die null