What are you playing right now? -

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing an interactive VN called "Katawa Shoujo". It was one of the recommended 8ch /v/ linux games before it became 8kun. This is what it's basically about:
Katawa Shoujo is a bishoujo-style visual novel set in the fictional Yamaku High School for disabled children, located somewhere in modern Japan. Hisao Nakai, a normal boy living a normal life, has his life turned upside down when a congenital heart defect forces him to move to a new school after a long hospitalization. Despite his difficulties, Hisao is able to find friends—and perhaps love, if he plays his cards right. There are five main paths corresponding to the 5 main female characters, each path following the storyline pertaining to that character.

The story is told through the perspective of the main character, using a first person narrative. The game uses a traditional text and sprite-based visual novel model with an ADV text box.
So far I've completed 4 character stories and have 1 left, The story is well written and so are the characters. Even though they have a disability, the VN doesn't beat you over the head with it every 5 seconds... they accept it, and overcome it and act like any other person without a disability (basically the disability is secondary to the characters themselves). However, there was only 1 character story I hated the entire time, and the other 3 I enjoyed a lot (2 of them made me cry like a little bitch)

Honestly this is my first VN, and usually when I read stories i like to put myself in the perspective of the main character, in this case what would be my reactions/answers/actions to the situation at the school and the ladies I meet.

Reactions: Overcast

Overcast

Mmmph...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing an interactive VN called "Katawa Shoujo". It was one of the recommended 8ch /v/ linux games before it became 8kun. This is what it's basically about:

So far I've completed 4 character stories and have 1 left, The story is well written and so are the characters. Even though they have a disability, the VN doesn't beat you over the head with it every 5 seconds... they accept it, and overcome it and act like any other person without a disability (basically the disability is secondary to the characters themselves). However, there was only 1 character story I hated the entire time, and the other 3 I enjoyed a lot (2 of them made me cry like a little bitch)

Honestly this is my first VN, and usually when I read stories i like to put myself in the perspective of the main character, in this case what would be my reactions/answers/actions to the situation at the school and the ladies I meet.
Katawa Shoujo really is something special. Hard to believe it came out eight years ago...

I can only guess the one you hated was Shizune’s? That route is often disliked by the majority even though it still has some interesting moments.

For me, Hanako’s was my favorite route. Really interesting take on the whole shy girl archetype. And the bad ending of said route is a pretty logical conclusion to what happens if you constantly treat someone like that as if they’re fragile.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
I can only guess the one you hated was Shizune’s? That route is often disliked by the majority even though it still has some interesting moments.

For me, Hanako’s was my favorite route. Really interesting take on the whole shy girl archetype. And the bad ending of said route is a pretty logical conclusion to what happens if you constantly treat someone like that as if they’re fragile.
1. Hanako's story was cool. I liked her outfit when we went to the Jazz club, and the ending was sweet. Lily and Emi's story were my favorite.

2. No, although i just got finished Shizune's story and it was a little "lukewarm". It was also confusing, I didn't get why it mattered whether or not I got a good or bad ending depending on whether or not I slept with Misha considering majority of the dialog was the same except she just magically feels better if you don't sleep with her. The one i hated the most was Rin. The entire time I felt like i was riding a downward spiral into depression, confusion, self-loathing, and sarcasm. Don't get me wrong, I love sarcasm in fact it's my second language, but the key to being sarcastic is having a certain tone, which is the big difference from coming off as either "charming/whitty" or "unbearably dickish", and the way Rin's dialogue was written made it sound like the latter. That, combined with the fact that she's got so many fucking issues, made me wanna smack her upside her head and go "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!". Even the ending sucked, I felt like nothing got resolved.

Overcast

Mmmph...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1. Hanako's story was cool. I liked her outfit when we went to the Jazz club, and the ending was sweet. Lily and Emi's story were my favorite.

2. No, although i just got finished Shizune's story and it was a little "lukewarm". It was also confusing, I didn't get why it mattered whether or not I got a good or bad ending depending on whether or not I slept with Misha considering majority of the dialog was the same except she just magically feels better if you don't sleep with her. The one i hated the most was Rin. The entire time I felt like i was riding a downward spiral into depression, confusion, self-loathing, and sarcasm. Don't get me wrong, I love sarcasm in fact it's my second language, but the key to being sarcastic is having a certain tone, which is the big difference from coming off as either "charming/whitty" or "unbearably dickish", and the way Rin's dialogue was written made it sound like the latter. That, combined with the fact that she's got so many fucking issues, made me wanna smack her upside her head and go "GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!". Even the ending sucked, I felt like nothing got resolved.
I loved Emi’s route as well. I remember liking Lily’s as well.

Rin is definitely a love her or hate her kind of character. While I like her well enough as a foil to Emi, her route, while I can’t say I full on dislike it, felt like a slog to get through in places.

I can get what Rin is going through, but she just didn’t emotionally resonate with me like the other did.

• Agree
Reactions: SSF2T Old User

FaramirG

kiwifarms.net
Monster Hunter World is so damn addictive. It's the sort of combat I wish Witcher 3 had (at least in terms of fighting monsters). I've messed around with a few classes but Charge Blade is the most fun for me by far.

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
Been lying in bed playing my New 3DS XL after practically not touching it since getting it for my 16th birthday back in '15. Finally got 100% in the OG New Super Mario Bros after all these years, either going to play Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon or Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy next after letting them collect dust for 6+ years. Maybe 100% Sonic Rush as well.

Reactions: PoyoSato

Sweet and Savoury

Null-like homunculus
kiwifarms.net
I found a game called Satisfactory

Holy fuck is it fun. It's like Factorio and Subnautica had a 3d first person baby

500 hours in so far in two months.

If you like building shit and doing it however you want check it out.

ducktales4gameboy

archive what you want to remember
kiwifarms.net
Bloodstained : Curse of tbe Moon 2.

Same retro Castlevania quality as the first one but a bit more brutal with the bounce-into-pit kills. Still enjoying it. I appreciate that the ultimate final goal of the game seems to be building a rocket so you can fly to the moon and cut it half with an anime sword because it's evil but oh man does the difficulty ever ramp up in the last chapter.

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
Tyranny, an iso RPG by Obsidian. A stronk woryur woman of the Resistance decided to fight me instead of surrendering. So after disciplining the uppity little shrew in combat, I Spartan-kicked her off a tower for inconveniencing me.

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
Tyranny, an iso RPG by Obsidian. A stronk woryur woman of the Resistance decided to fight me instead of surrendering. So after disciplining the uppity little shrew in combat, I Spartan-kicked her off a tower for inconveniencing me.
Need to get through that game. Playthrough seems cursed to remain unfinished due to my tendency of getting distracted. CRPGs are often hit the hardest by this.

Playing Carrion right now. Fell in love the minute I saw it on that Devolver Digital thing. I'm having a blast rampaging around as a glob of flesh in some lab. Probably not worth 20 dollars, still having more fun than I would in many 60 dollar games. Graphics make it feel like one of those ultra violent arcade games from the 80's. No idea why.

JongleJingle

kiwifarms.net
Doing a Serious Sam marathon for SS4, the Croteam discord has some info that has really got me hyped up for the game. Doing it in chronological order, so BFE is first. Gotta say, still enjoy BFE even for all it's weird design choices and bland as fuck color palette.

littlearmalite

-and despair.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got back into Rainbow Six: Siege and somehow the game has gotten even more toxic. It's absolutely insane.

Tags
die null