What are you playing right now? -

McKim's Rolled Roof

kiwifarms.net
Bf4 was the last good one.

How is Verdun? It always intrigued me but I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Decided to drop back in. Verdun is fun. It gives you a good sense of trench warfare. It's fun if you find creative ways to take trenches. The player scale suffers on console, at 20 a side. It's worth getting.

Archeops

Trying to find the meaning of Life, no luck so far
kiwifarms.net
I just completed the Spyro Reignited Trilogy again, it’s still an enjoyable game.

That said fuck the ESRB and hypersensitives for changing the Gnorcs’ weapons in Twilight Harbor and, to some extent, the Gatling Gun Dinos in Dino Mines.

C.U.N.T.

Cash Up, No Tick.
kiwifarms.net
Battlefield 1 mostly. Still a spectacular game, so immersive and cinematic. At least equal to any other game in the series. It has hitreg and teambalancing issues though.
SkaterXL a lot too, great mods available.
I fired up the Trinitron for some retro goodness this week. Wonderboy, arcade beatemups and S/NES games. For vertical shmups (don't like horizontal ones) and Bombjack I have a smaller crt in tate mode.

Gensou Hadou

I won't lose even to the rain!
kiwifarms.net
Harvest Moon: One World - There's some nice ideas like the portable farm, but it falls short of it's full potential.
You don't know about the copyright debacle, do you? Basically, the good Harvest Moon games are now called "Story of Seasons" because Natsume, acting like a toddler, took their ball and went home. The latest one, Pioneers of Olive Town, has a rather mixed reception, but the games prior to that have been well-received.

Tuxedo_Zemus

They call me the Hard R Superstar
kiwifarms.net
Finally got around to hacking my 3DS, only to realize there are about 3 more games I actually want to play for it.

Good lord 3DS sucked compared to DS and GBA. On the upside, I put a ton of DS games on it. Never a bad time for Chrono Trigger.

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
Secret of Evermore. Used to watch a childhood friend pick at this for ages back in the day. Bought a copy awhile ago and am finally working through it.

A user in another thread said that the main reason Earthbound is so popular with the online crowd is that it's "omg quirky", while I don't think that's entirely true, I'm bringing it up because Evermore is a game that does quirky right. The game has tons of genuinely punny lines that work despite the game's world not being particularly silly itself. Good game so far.

Tuxedo_Zemus

They call me the Hard R Superstar
kiwifarms.net
Secret of Evermore. Used to watch a childhood friend pick at this for ages back in the day. Bought a copy awhile ago and am finally working through it.

A user in another thread said that the main reason Earthbound is so popular with the online crowd is that it's "omg quirky", while I don't think that's entirely true, I'm bringing it up because Evermore is a game that does quirky right. The game has tons of genuinely punny lines that work despite the game's world not being particularly silly itself. Good game so far.
A patrician choice. I was a Secret of Mana fanboy back in the day (whatever that says about me) and I ended up getting into Evermore because it was basically sold as the follow up to that.

As it turned out, the games had virtually nothing in common besides the combat, but I ended up being just as into it as SoM because the game has so much character in its own right, as well as a pretty healthy amount of RPG content to back it up.

It was oddly dark too, and sometimes unsettling in the imagery and vibe. The game has this sort of strange presence to it, like the Oddworld games.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
A good choice as it's a decent follow-up to Secret of Mana, though like mentioned above has nothing to do with it. Hopefully your playthrough will go far better than mine; I'd likely think back on the game far more fondly if I didn't manage to encounter what felt like every single bug/glitch the game had, consisting of things like randomly causing essential actions to just not work or making me invincible/a one hit kill by everything at a coinflip.

VIPPER?

kiwifarms.net
I've been playing a lot of Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (0.E Stable) because I love looking at big numbers and tons of processes happening to calculate gibs, but that's about it. Occasionally I boot up OpenTTD, but I really don't understand rail signals very well so I make one or two lines and then quit as soon as it gets good.

I booted up Steam for the first tiem in a while, and apparently the last game I played on Steam was back around New Year's. Seems fitting though. I've only used the thing to link back up with people back home or from basic recently. Most of the games I have on it are complete trash, or I've beaten already.

Nick Gurs

"The Good, The Bad, The Autistic"
kiwifarms.net
Destiny 2.
Having Fun watching the cringe from the plague of cheaters in trials unfold from the lighthouse.
Still on the fence about buying beyond light. Forsaken had more things to do when it was that price.
Its awfully expensive for 1 planet no one gives a shit about and 1 raid.

Captain Sensible

kiwifarms.net
I’ve been making my way through 428: Shibuya Scramble. As far as visual novels go it’s done pretty nicely. Some of the jokes don’t make the transition to english all that well but it’s been enjoyable so far.