What are you reading right now? -

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
Ebook or physical? I've got most if not all of those in epub format, if that's any use to you?
Update just bought dracula the legend of sleepy Hallow and the howling on Amazon and they're due soon. Again I'm surprised the howling hot a new addition made for the current year. I know the movie isn't obscure or anything like that but it is a case of most people not knowing it was a book first. I guess there was at least enough demand to have the original book reprinted after over 40 years at least.

I looked for that book I particular because as far as I can tell the wolfman is one of the few of the original universal monster movies not based on a book.

Andrew Neiman

I'll cue you!
kiwifarms.net
I revisited Cormac McCarthy today. I'd read everything he'd written years ago except for his The Road. I have mixed opinion. His prose is as good as it has every been and I think it a fine piece of storytelling but for how he hammers in the hopelessness of living in a dying world he really screwed it with the ending.
The greatness of "The Road" eludes me. I enjoyed it. It was well written and had lots of memorable moments. I found myself unable to take it all that seriously, though. I thought the extreme bleakness verged on camp at times (I mean, we have literal baby-raping cannibals as the villains). I will probably read "Blood Meridian" sooner or later, though, if for no other reason than that Harold Bloom was so hot on it.

• Agree
Reactions: StrawberryDouche

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
His prose is as good as it has every been and I think it a fine piece of storytelling but for how he hammers in the hopelessness of living in a dying world he really screwed it with the ending.
I think it needed at least a hint of hope at the end, which is only not intolerably bleak because of the bleakness that precedes it. The apocalypse scenario makes no sense except as some form of divine vengeance, which means at least the possibility of hope because there must be a God, albeit an angry one.

• Feels
Reactions: Safir

Monika H.

Digging 'cause all good boys are dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kafka's Letter to his Father.
The more I read it, the more I think I could write something similar to my mother.

Reactions: Andrew Neiman

ThatFuckingToucan

Flamingos are fucking stupid
kiwifarms.net
The First World War by William Kelleher Storey
Though I've been on and off about it, I mainly do audio books nowadays when I worked I just listen.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
I'm re-reading The Lord of the Rings. The last time I read it all the way through was years and years ago. At this point, I'm more familiar with the movies because they aren't as much of a time investment. I'm really enjoying the book though. It's fascinating how Tolkien crafts this living, breathing world. The characters aren't just passing through random forests and shit, no, these places exist in a wider world and it makes Middle-Earth feel so alive. It can get a little too dense for it's own good occasionally, but it's still a phenomenal piece of fiction.

Tags
None