What are you reading right now? -

Chan Fan

Stunning and based
kiwifarms.net
My mom has had them for years and I've never read them until now but I started reading the Little House books. I actually like them. It really gets you into the book and see how people lived back then. T first read "The First Four Years" Not knowing it was last in the series. I then read "On The Banks of Plum Creek" and "Little House In The Big Woods." Now I'm reading "Little House on the Prairie." I've only seen the show a few times so I'm not sure how similar the show and books are.
I've read them all, too

Rupert Bear

Chemicals in the water, Turning the bears gay
kiwifarms.net
Confederacy of Dunces. It's fucking fantastic and ahead of it's time. Ignatius J. Reilly is like what happens when someone takes imageboard culture too seriously, while Myrna Minkoff is a proto tumblr user. Even then if they existed they'd be the type of cows that could probably be cool to hang around with. A hilarious example of lolcows in fiction.

Last edited:

LurkNoMore

kiwifarms.net
I literally just finished Angron: Slave of Nuceria by Ian St. Martin like an hour ago.

It isn't highbrow stuff, of course if you read to be seen as highbrowed, your a literal faggot. But anyway, pretty good. The writing is good. The plot is decent and the characterization is typical of 40k stuff.
Action is good and there's obviously alot of it.

Story felt short to me. However that might just be a me thing. I think the only major criticism I have is we really didn't get enough time with pre-pyscho Angron. Seriously, a more flushed out exploration of his fall from poor slave gladiator to murderous monster would have definitely made the character vastly more tragic.

Would recommend it. 8/10

Last edited:

Solid Snek

kiwifarms.net
A copy of 1984 I never returned to my old high school. It's probably a copy I ironically may have saved from getting memory holed from the school had I returned it to them. Ya know cause I'm fairly certain most high schools these days would ban 1984 for being "dangerous "and encouraging of "dangerous antisocial thought. "
YOU ARE THE DEAD

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Been re-reading Animal Farm. Still just as good and relevant as when I first read it for school.

Also, I talked to some of my co-workers who are younger than me, and they said that they weren't ever exposed to it while in high school. Given everything that it tackles, I wonder if that means something.

Chan Fan

Stunning and based
kiwifarms.net
Been re-reading Animal Farm. Still just as good and relevant as when I first read it for school.

Also, I talked to some of my co-workers who are younger than me, and they said that they weren't ever exposed to it while in high school. Given everything that it tackles, I wonder if that means something.
When I was in high school the remedial reading classes read it but the higher level classes read other stuff, I have no idea why. I didn't read 1984 in high school either but I read both of these when I got out of high school and loved them. I think both books have a lot to offer and that anyone who doesn't get exposed to them in school will read them on their own later

BingBong

Cute Boy Connoisseur
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm assuming manga counts as reading something, but apologies if this is a thread only for actual books.

I'm reading a series called "Out" which is about delinquents and the like. Apparently, it's actually based on a true story.
Link to Anilist page
read it here
1620399641469.png

shameful existence

on herself she had no pity
kiwifarms.net
The Crisis of the Modern World (René Guénon). I wish I were able to read this one in French. It does come across as overly intellectual and lacking brevity at times, but it's not pretentious. Radical in the sense of going to the root of the problem. First published a century ago, the concept still works well (except further degeneration of things like Catholicism or "the East", which he perceives as the bastion of traditionalism). It's rare to read a book that challenges progress this unapologetically and systematically. Guénon would be bigger these days, had he been a bit more English and a bit less above it all.

thecrisis.jpg

Compulsory Games

Scrub Mommy
kiwifarms.net
kangz.jpg

Of Kings and Things, a limited run anthology of Count Eric Stenbock's prose and poetry edited by David Tibet from Current 93. Stenbock was a deranged 19th century faggot best known for traveling with a life-size doll he referred to as his son and buggering the painter Simeon Solomon. Some of the short stories are what we'd consider "weird fiction" today, others are oddly wholesome, it's all generally pleasant and makes me think the author was probably a pleasant guy. The poetry is pretty bad, overall.

cosmic.jpg

Not as difficult as I expected it to be, considering it's a rebuttal something Origen wrote that I've never read.