What are you reading right now?

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Cheerlead-in-Chief

"Everyone Hates Mondays" -Ermes Costello
kiwifarms.net
This is a really good multi-layered work with a lot of re-readability. Probably most people read this first when they're at an age they can sympathize with the Underground Man but slowly, you realize if this guy actually existed he would probably be an above-average redditor.

I actually think Dostoyevsky's short works were better than his long works. "The Overcoat" (by Gogol) is another great story that somewhat reminds me of Underground.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I was in a slighly foul mood and thought that "Hey, this can be appropriate to accompany my mood!"
To think that a mention from a Jungian Psychology YouTube Channel Eternalised would lead me to such a neat literary rabbit hole.
Oh, that fable? I wanna read it too because of Atrocity Guide's documentary on the artist couple; then again I'm not surprised that a long and storied History like Russia would produce interesting literature!

Boy_Blunder

kiwifarms.net
I'm doing anything to put off reading more of Robinson Crusoe, which has to be one of the most boring books I've ever picked up.
I reread Virtual Light and Idoru by William Gibson and I think that Idoru isn't as good the second time around. I also read The Colorado Kid and I get that the point of the story is that it isn't a story, and there isn't a resolution, but that hasn't stopped me from coming up with a couple that fit the world of the story. Like, the two old newspapermen are inventing it as a test/lesson for Stephanie, or The Colorado Kid got blorbed into an alternate timeline, both of which explain the impossibilities like going to Blockbuster in the 70s.

BlackWaterSails

kiwifarms.net
I just recently finished The Diary of a Rapist by Evan S. Connell. It was pretty good and interesting. I love books that focus on one character and explores dark subjects, so it was a quality read. I recommend it but only if you don't mind a lot of sexism towards women, the sexualization of minors, murders, and, obviously, descriptions of hunting victims and rapes.

Last edited:

Berwick

20 years :)
kiwifarms.net
Everything I want to do is Illegal by Joel Salatin. You'd expect a book with a title like that to be written by some rebellious teenager, but no, it has to do with the extreme bureaucracy the author has experienced first hand in the farming business, having to get permits and licenses for every little thing imaginable.