• “black hole of stupidity”

What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Art & Literature' started by AtroposHeart, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Starship Troopers

• Like Like x 3
    Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. comics : batman court of owls
    books : games people play by eric berne
    Dune by frank herbert
    the will to keep winning by daigo
    rereading : the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
    manga : i dunno im not interested in anything rn

• Like Like x 1
    Zack the ripper

Zack the ripper Super villain

kiwifarms.net
  3. I'm having a lot of fun reading Starship Troopers, my copy of the Foundation trilogy by Isaac Asimov came by too.

After reading Blood Meridian and American Terrorist, I think need some antidepressants, especially anything made by Cormac Mccarthy.

Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I found and old playboy magazine under my bed from 1990 with robin givens on it. Reading that while I wait for for the biography on chesty puller ( Chesty: The Story of Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller) to come in

SadClownMan

SadClownMan Brother Maynard; bring forth the holy hand grenade

kiwifarms.net
  5. i am currently reading a small title most people dont know about, its called JoJo's bizarre Adventure, Stone ocean. Its by Hirohiko Araki. If your a man of true culture, check it out

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Late Late x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    disky

disky Official haruist of kiwi farms

kiwifarms.net
  6. Starship Troopers
    In Chapter 10 and 11, The main protagonist loses his first 2 battle buddies, his mom dies and his acting Lieutenant gets killed saving him during a combat mission. : ( : (

• Like Like x 1
    Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Rereading Blood Meridian again.

Besides No Country For Old Men and The Road which I'm interested in reading in the future, would Child of God be a lot like those two? Anyone ever read it?

Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. I'm reading Prador Moon by Neal Asher after The Dom recommended the Polity series

Hatoful Dandy

Hatoful Dandy Minstrel of Sorrow

kiwifarms.net
    • Like Like x 2
    Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Just finished up a short story anthology called "Salt Winds and Gobi Dust". In nonfiction, I recently finished a book of collected letters from a long-dead State Prosecutor of the defunct South African Republic.

millais

millais The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas

kiwifarms.net
  10. I am reading Arguably. A collection of Christopher Hitchens' published essays. Its really interesting and despite the sometimes pretentious tone he takes it is surprisingly easy to get through and pretty funny in places. MRA's will jizz themselves when they get to the essay on why women arent funny.

Toucan

Toucan I am Toucan hear me caw!

kiwifarms.net
  11. Ghosts of Onyx, a Halo novel about the Spartan III program (a classification of super soldiers) where the protagonists start using war orphans (age 5 to 9 years) as test subjects to become super soldiers. You get that vibe while reading the whole thing as "This is an incredibly shit decision, and if the situation were any less serious we wouldn't be doing it. But, it is that bad, so we're stuck" and "If Hell exists, we're all definitely going to be roasting for eternity, 'military necessity' be damned."

Zaragoza

Zaragoza Love Saw It
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. I'm reading The Diana Conspiracy Exposed by Martyn Gregory. It's an interesting read so far, but I have to say: that Dodi Fayed guy who Diana was hooking up with sounds like he was an annoying spoiled cunt and he comes off very badly in this book. He seems like he was a loser who was bad at everything that his dad set him up for and I'm amazed this guy was able to date Diana.

• Like Like x 1
    Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Rub a dub dub, Fry in a tub.

kiwifarms.net
  13. "At the Mountains of Madness" by H. P. Lovecraft. There is a great sense of dread by it, and the Old Ones are fascinating.

Attached Files:

Miel67

Miel67 Hates Kitaro

kiwifarms.net
  14. Eutopia.

I really wanted to love it; some of the author's word choices are very creative and I envy the phrases, but the weird first time-quicky-sex scene in the storage closet of an autopsy room filled with pickled organs, an airbourne plague that has killed people close to the protag, and friend of love interest dying mere inches away due to said plague made me feel like the author started strong but took writing advice from bad fanfics somewhere along the way in terms of characterization for the protag.
    *sigh*

#1155 DatBepisTho, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    DatBepisTho

DatBepisTho Cryptid shitlord

kiwifarms.net
  15. Ian Fleming, Ohmss.

Like all of Flemings books, absolute killer. I just love how Bond is different from the movies.
    If you like Bond, read the books. If you try to quit either smoking or drinking, dont read the books.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Rokko

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. I travel by Amtrak a lot (24hr + trips) and love books like this to add to my pass the time reading list.

I never got the Dodi and Diana thing.
    However, for the bad he was, he at least treated her a bit better than her spoiled cunt of a husband.

If you ever want a fun, gossip royals read...The Royals by Kitty Kelley.

Do you like reading about interesting royals?

What I'm currently reading...
    Working my way through Nelson DeMille's books.

They are beautifully politically incorrect adventure/ suspense /crime novels that you can get totally lost in.

Today I just finished Night Fall which includes TWA flight 800, the 93 WTC bombing and the eventual collapse of the Twin Towers.
    In a rather coherent and believable way.

• Like Like x 1
    Dorsia.Reservation

Dorsia.Reservation When she fuck me good, I take her ass to Dorsia.

kiwifarms.net

17. Ooh, thanks for the recommendation. I love royal gossip. I'm coming into the Princess Diana thing as an outsider who barely knows anything about her, so reading about Dodi for the first time, he comes off as such an asshole in the beginning of this book. Especially if he took his model girlfriend with him on vacation and then left her to go off and cheat on her with Diana. WTF.

Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Rub a dub dub, Fry in a tub.

kiwifarms.net
  18. I'm reading The Princes in the Tower. Did Richard III have them killed? Probably, I haven't finished it yet.

• Like Like x 1
    Karl_der_Grosse

Karl_der_Grosse Shake it like a Polaroid.

kiwifarms.net
  19. I love it too.
    It passes the time on a trip, a whole other world which no matter how much I read will never understand and makes you go WTF more than once.

Like I said...I never got the Dodi and Diana thing.
    She did seem to like "bad boys" or men she knew would piss off "The Firm" (The Royal fam). So maybe that's why she hooked up with him.
    Plus she didn't really have any relationship experience outside of Charles who started showing her attention at 16.

Diana wasn't perfect but Charles is a real spoiled sack of shit that took advantage of a sheltered teenager. And he certainly knew what a shit childhood she had, he dated her older sister and Diana was even born on QE2's Sandringham estate.

You will love Kitty Kelley!
    In recent years, quite a bit of what she put into that book has been proven true.

The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown is also good, she knew Diana.

Queen Victoria is also interesting.
    In her marriage to Albert, she was quite open (for Victorian times. She even proposed to him) about how much she loved sex with him but HATED the outcome...pregnancy and 9 children.

Her relationship with John Brown is equally if not more interesting...she was buried with a lock of his hair, his picture and his mother's wedding ring which he gave her in the 1880's.

It's a pity so much of her adult (she kept a daily diary from 13 till her death at 81)diaries were destroyed by her daughter after her death.
    And all traces of Brown were totally erased.

Victorias daughter Princess Louise is also very interesting.
    Supposedly she had affairs starting in her teen years, got it on with her sculpture teacher and shocking for the time...married a commoner.
    Windsor Castle (the royal archives) still refuses to release most of her papers and diaries 7 decades after her death.

And this is an archive that let slip film of then Princess Elizabeth (now the Queen) and her mother (then the Queen) giving the Nazi salute at the direction of Edward VIII.

Dorsia.Reservation

Dorsia.Reservation When she fuck me good, I take her ass to Dorsia.

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.