What are your views on masks? Will you still wear a mask in public if it's not required? -

The Pink Panther

Pinky "Quartz" Universe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, because I actually give a shit about the people around me.
Heh, heh, heh. Yes do your part, goy. Play into it, goy. You're really saving people by a putting a shitty piece of paper on your mouth.

The absolute audacity to think that your doing something courteous by wearing a mask other than following the law will never not be funny to me. Especially since you could still get the 'rona even with the mask on. It's just better to stay home and avoid it.

Return of the Freaker

The ass was THIS fat
kiwifarms.net
Don't wear one unless it's required or someone specifically asks. It's funny how my friends all think this is the apocalypse because muh case numbers. Try to point out actual death rates and I get looked at like I just grew a second head and/or accused of lacking faith in the holy religion of I Fucking Love Science.

The whole goalpost moving from "slow the virus" to "stop the virus" was a huge mistake in hindsight.
Is there such a thing as a mistake when taking advantage of a crisis?

Last edited:

Kacho

I'm a sick Kong. I like a quick dong.
kiwifarms.net
Upthread I said the masks are about a totalitarian power play.

I was wrong. Now it's purely about spite.
Well turnabout is fair play. I would be for masks if it was treated as a suggestion or a courtesy. I spent many years admiring the Japanese for taking masks seriously during the SARS outbreak and such. But as soon as you tell me I have to do it and that I'm evil and murdering your grandma if I don't, I'm gonna tell you to sugma. It's really about spite on both sides.

Kataomoi00

Your Token Optimist
kiwifarms.net
I have some bad news. You might need to sit down for this. Ready?

There is no such thing as absolute safety. I really hope you like wearing that mask because it's going to be a while if you set a goal like that.
Completely true that it’ll never 100% be safe out there, sadly. I just personally take it seriously because of the people around me. If it was just me on my own, I know I’d be fine even without a mask. Luckily I’m not put into too many situations where I have to wear a mask for long periods of time.

Baguette Child

so tender and mild
kiwifarms.net
I won't wear a mask if it is *required*. Otherwise, yeah, I might choose to wear one for the sake of others around me.

If the government wants to advise the public whether or not they should wear a particular item for health safety while out shopping for junk food crap to clog their arteries or buying a fucking big gulp tankard of Diet Coke, that's one thing. But to *demand* I wear one at all times, even when in my car alone, and attempt to threaten me into compliance? That's a big fuck no.

I don't give in to threats and public shaming. Particularly now that the rioters ("protestors") are allowed to treat social distancing and masks like they don't matter and somehow it's okay for them and no one else. If it doesn't matter for them to ignore it, it doesn't matter if I ignore it.

The Pink Panther

Pinky "Quartz" Universe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Masks are great because I can mouth “fuck you” at whoever is pissing me off and they’ll never know
I never thought of it that way.

You could mouth any sorta slur off of your tongue you can think of: NIGGER NIGGER FAGGOT KIKE SPIC HONKIE, etc; and they'll never notice because all you're doing is just moving your mouth.

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like wearing a mask because

• Mandatory Mask laws give me legal permission to LARP and everyone has to pretend it is normal
  • The lizard part of my brain likes having a mask obscuring my face for the cameras even if I logically know there are probably workarounds for that
  • Its forcing my state to do a 180 on all the anti-mask laws made orginally to combat the KKK which is really funny to me
  • Watching Biden stand around with black sunglasses and a siege mask is really, really funny to me
  • Finally something something better safe than sorry etc

Syaoran Li

Commie Punks Fuck Off!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like wearing a mask because

• Mandatory Mask laws give me legal permission to LARP and everyone has to pretend it is normal
  • The lizard part of my brain likes having a mask obscuring my face for the cameras even if I logically know there are probably workarounds for that
  • Its forcing my state to do a 180 on all the anti-mask laws made orginally to combat the KKK which is really funny to me
  • Watching Biden stand around with black sunglasses and a siege mask is really, really funny to me
  • Finally something something better safe than sorry etc
This but unironically

I've thought about the next time I go out in a mask, do so while also wearing a Hawaiian shirt

If anyone gives me shit or asks if I'm right-wing, I tell them I'm not right-wing but that I am a gay guy and/or possibly a big fat party animal.

Maybe they'll appreciate the classic Simpsons reference

Last edited:

Jar-Jar Fanboy

kiwifarms.net
Masks are great because I can mouth “fuck you” at whoever is pissing me off and they’ll never know

I think my customer service has improved as a result
Same here. I have to wear one at work, and my masks are thick enough that I can shit talk customers right to their faces and they have no idea. They can barely make out what I'm saying at my normal volume through the thing, anyway, and I have to repeat myself four times while nearly shouting for them to figure it out. Sure, my face gets super sweaty, and wearing these goddamn things is a pain in the ass, but if it means I can look a customer right in the eye when I tell them to go fuck themselves, it's all worth it

Tags
None