What are your views on masks? Will you still wear a mask in public if it's not required? -

Pitere pit

Has man gone insane?
kiwifarms.net
Since my dad told me that people were dying by the hundreds in campaign hospitals where he worked I always wear masks. They are annoying but I grew used to it, and I prefer to wear them on the hot summer time than to suffer another lockdown.

• Feels
Reactions: Senior Lexmechanic

Exterminate Leftists

Who needs nuance when you have a helicopter?
kiwifarms.net
Now that it's socially acceptable in my country and not just China and places where bat eaters live, sure. I share one thing in common with Hillary Clinton, I find the general public fucking disgusting. Deporting yellows would be the most logical step in the long run though, a mask is just a Band-aid for the gaping, puss filled wound that is immigration.

SickNastyBastard

The aesthetic Jake Hammer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since my dad told me that people were dying by the hundreds in campaign hospitals where he worked I always wear masks. They are annoying but I grew used to it, and I prefer to wear them on the hot summer time than to suffer another lockdown.
This is interesting, I don't know what campaign hospitals are. I have seen the exact opposite where I live. In fact, they even implemented a practice to fudge the numbers even higher.

• Agree
Reactions: Coffee Shits

Quijibo69

Worse Title Ever!
kiwifarms.net
It's a waste of time and pointless. If you want to wear them it's up to you! Just another way to get fucked in the ass.

Probably not. Won't take long for wearing masks to be seen as exceptional again once the quarantine ends
If it does... (Evil Laughter).

Last edited:

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Weebs and internet citizen love masks, but only because they remind them of Japan and anime. But I mean, that's a good thing. If they started normalizing masks, we'd suddenly wear them to work for the sake of others if we're sick. I wouldn't mind that. It's very considerate and a nice display of Japanese culture (other than hating on foreigners).

My only real issue with masks is that they look idiotic, specifically the blue ones. They're made for surgeries and have come to be known as such. The full fabric black ones however I really do like, and would gladly wear if it was more normal. Sadly, here in Scandinavia, it's still not a normal thing to see, and you look like a paranoid tinfoiler if you wear one.

If I worked in an office setting with only my peers to appease, I'd honestly probably wear one the few coming months. What are they gonna mock me for, caring about them?

Pitere pit

Has man gone insane?
kiwifarms.net
This is interesting, I don't know what campaign hospitals are. I have seen the exact opposite where I live. In fact, they even implemented a practice to fudge the numbers even higher.
It's like an hospital but put on sites than are outside hospitals. The biggest one in my city was placed in a convention center, the one my dad was placed. Mind you he's not even a doctor, just a humble nurse and he told me that more people were dying than our official covid deaths. Since march, he told me to wear masks when shopping groceries and going outside.
Masks are shit, especially in summer, but it beats another lockdown. And at the worst of the pandemic it was so strict that we only could get out of our homes for groceries, work and nothing else. It wrecked our economy, another lost decade for us but we are used to live in shitty times since the 19th century.
So I will sport that mask.

PsychoNerd054

Green people are so sexy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m more in the camp of always wearing one where I know where there are large crowds, or when I enter a store. Other then that, I mostly flip flop with it.

Classic Four-Leaf

kiwifarms.net
Masks are a power play, pure and simple. In March, Fauci and the U.S. Surgeon General said not to wear/buy them, respectively. Now they're saying wear them. If they cared about halting the spread of HolyVirus, we'd be fined for not wearing N95 masks, yet I have been allowed entry for (dead serious) taping a half-sized paper towel to my face.

Showing papers highlighting the exemptions (and keeping my mouth shut, not causing drama) has also helped in my case.

There is too much fear mongering, goalpost-moving and shaming for me to consider this anything but a totalitarian power grab. I'm not sure what my namesake would make of complying with orders based on false premises are, but I'm sure he'd disapprove.
Same here. The masks don't work. Further, prolonged wearing presents a risk of carbon dioxide poisoning and reduced immune system response. The problem is, my workplace forces me to wear a mask for at least nine hours a day (and my liberal/BLM boss wastes and prolongs nearly every safety meeting with this bullshit propaganda), so I have absolutely no choice or say in the matter. And since I live in Michigan, masks are now mandatory everywhere. Everybody knows damn well this is all bullshit, but they're going to ram it thru anyway.

To say I feel personally and spiritually violated by the mask dictates would be an understatement. It reeks of the Mark of the Beast, or at least a sick precursor to it.

SickNastyBastard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's like an hospital but put on sites than are outside hospitals. The biggest one in my city was placed in a convention center, the one my dad was placed. Mind you he's not even a doctor, just a humble nurse and he told me that more people were dying than our official covid deaths. Since march, he told me to wear masks when shopping groceries and going outside.
Masks are shit, especially in summer, but it beats another lockdown. And at the worst of the pandemic it was so strict that we only could get out of our homes for groceries, work and nothing else. It wrecked our economy, another lost decade for us but we are used to live in shitty times since the 19th century.
So I will sport that mask.
I started digging into the actual technical aspects of the diagnostic machines from the sources I can find and there is some wild shit happening and it'd make you wonder whats going on.

• Informative
Reactions: Pitere pit

Pitere pit

Has man gone insane?
kiwifarms.net
I started digging into the actual technical aspects of the diagnostic machines from the sources I can find and there is some wild shit happening and it'd make you wonder whats going on.
Yeah, that's wild shit we have at our hands. Actually there are more Covid deaths than the official numbers. In my region, there is a hot scandal about how retirement homes let older people die instead of younger ones. Also, the numbers of death people in April were higher than usual, about 40,000, higher than last year. I remember reading an article on a newspaper that countries didn't account the deaths right. According to the some sources, the true death toll is about 40,000 thousand, higher than the official one.
Also, it doesn't help that there aren't a lot of massive testing right now. That's why I think the second wave of this pandemic will be worse than the first one because every country is covering their asses.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
Where I live the hospital ERs were suspiciously empty, they're laying off medical workers, and the special camp hospitals set up by the state closed after a couple months after only treating at most a few dozen people.

edit: As re retirement homes, here in Michigan Whitmer really shit the bed on this one. She ordered that all people diagnosed with the kung flu be sent to nursing homes, and that really came back to bite her after a nigger beat an elderly man nearly to death and posted it on Youtube.

Last edited:

Pitere pit

Has man gone insane?
kiwifarms.net
Where I live the hospital ERs were suspiciously empty, they're laying off medical workers, and the special camp hospitals set up by the state closed after a couple months after only treating at most a few dozen people.
That's kind of interesting. My region share about the laying off medical workers because of general shittyness and corruption that happens every time, my local hospital is so seriously underfunded that makes our ER overcrowded, even before of the pandemic . But, the special camp that my dad and his peers worked were filled, I remember calling him on his rest and he told me that it was worse that he thought, it doesn't help that my region have a lot of old folks and most of them living in shitty retirement houses.
Anyway, Covid destroyed our way of life, I don't think that we will return to normal any soon, and a total generation died.

• Feels
Reactions: TaimuRadiu

SickNastyBastard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that's wild shit we have at our hands. Actually there are more Covid deaths than the official numbers. In my region, there is a hot scandal about how retirement homes let older people die instead of younger ones. Also, the numbers of death people in April were higher than usual, about 40,000, higher than last year. I remember reading an article on a newspaper that countries didn't account the deaths right. According to the some sources, the true death toll is about 40,000 thousand, higher than the official one.
Also, it doesn't help that there aren't a lot of massive testing right now. That's why I think the second wave of this pandemic will be worse than the first one because every country is covering their asses.
Let me sort out some of this shit, I gotta get this all saved and backed up and I'll post it at some point. I don't know whose jewing who, but something is pretty fucked.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
That's kind of interesting. My region share about the laying off medical workers because of general shittyness and corruption that happens every time, my local hospital is so seriously underfunded that makes our ER overcrowded, even before of the pandemic . But, the special camp that my dad and his peers worked were filled, I remember calling him on his rest and he told me that it was worse that he thought, it doesn't help that my region have a lot of old folks and most of them living in shitty retirement houses.
Anyway, Covid destroyed our way of life, I don't think that we will return to normal any soon, and a total generation died.
Would you mind saying what country / region you're in?

Saint Alphonsus

Doctor zelantissimus
kiwifarms.net
Same here. The masks don't work. Further, prolonged wearing presents a risk of carbon dioxide poisoning and reduced immune system response. The problem is, my workplace forces me to wear a mask for at least nine hours a day (and my liberal/BLM boss wastes and prolongs nearly every safety meeting with this bullshit propaganda), so I have absolutely no choice or say in the matter. And since I live in Michigan, masks are now mandatory everywhere. Everybody knows damn well this is all bullshit, but they're going to ram it thru anyway.

To say I feel personally and spiritually violated by the mask dictates would be an understatement. It reeks of the Mark of the Beast, or at least a sick precursor to it.
The solution, of course, is to quit your job.

Look, I know that's not the answer you wanted to hear, but if the entire world is rushing towards an abyss, the "progressive" thing to do is step backwards. I totally plagiarized that from Peter Kreeft, but whatevs.

OK, let me walk back my statement a little. Your bosses don't have eyeballs on you every second of the day, right? Just remove the damn thing when they aren't looking. And if they're more into the "theater" of safety rather than actual efficacy (surprise: EVERYONE ELSE is), make a mask that visually covers your face but allows you to breathe. Some suggested materials are cheescloth or even a do-rag worn backwards.

Also, do some research in the actual language of your orders. Look up Peggy Hall/The Healthy American on YouTube. She pokes gigantic holes into the orders/mandates for California, pointing out that these rules are not actual laws and that no governor holds legislative power.

But seriously, unless and until VirusRegime is 100% repudiated, I would seriously consider finding a way to get off the grid. I realize not everyone's situation is the same as mine (I can live OK without a job for quite some time so if I need to quit I can) but the longer you stay in The System, the more it will enforce control over your lives.

Pitere pit

Has man gone insane?
kiwifarms.net
From the sunny eternal unemployment land, Spain. We acted late, the government shat the bed dealing with this and we spent all the spring quarantined. It fucked our economy so bad that we are going to have a depression almost like the post war time. That's why I wear masks, I don't want to contribute to the worsening of the depression with another lockdown.
However, I am not too optimistic, we will have one again maybe. After all, there is only a Spain, not a Spleasure.

Virgo

kiwifarms.net
I have never worn a mask thus far and I'm unwilling to on the basis of it not stopping COVID at all unless it's one of those top tier ones. Sure, they're good for minimalising bacteria transmission and dust etc in the air but not a lot else. I don't think badly of anyone that has to wear them or wants to, I understand the fear. It just doesn't make sense.

Tags
None