What are your views on masks? Will you still wear a mask in public if it's not required? -

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Masks are just placebos that give people peace of mind and people can't function without peace of mind.
This 1000x this. I don't wear a mask because that's not how THIS flu spreads.

This flu is water based and spread by contact not airborne. As probably someone else said in this thread wash your fucking hands, don't touch door handles with your hand where possible, don't touch your face, and fucking wash your hands and you'll be OK. If someone sneezes on you you can legally kill them*

*Only in China

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
They're annoying, but I'll wear one just to be on the safe side and to keep Karen off my ass. I think mask mandates are at least a fair compromise between completely opening willy-nilly and cowering in our homes forever.

Miel67

PFurrie and MAP hater
kiwifarms.net
Yes
I have a growing collection of masks and im planning on wearing one today for the home appraiser.

Purple Pepsi

Feeling thirsty?
kiwifarms.net
All the places that have required them in public have also offered masks for free, so I'm alright with that. I know it doesn't stop the wearer from getting sick, and the big reason people are pushing for masks is (according to them) to prevent whatever you've got from easily spreading. I wish there weren't so many goddamn Karens screeching whenever people pull it down for a few seconds to get some actual air; I live in a place with 100+ degree weather in the summer, and it's nice to be able to breathe without a piece of cloth making you feel like you're in the world's smallest and shittiest sauna.
I've got a family member in public education who's worried about how they're gonna be able to enforce social distancing guidelines and masks and whatnot. How do you keep kindergarten kids six feet apart, keeping a mask on, not touch their face, etc. She acknowledged that online learning is absolutely not for everyone and that long-term, these kids could have some fucked up and stunted social development during their critical years and may not even retain what they've learned online. It's more of a feeling of hopelessness to her, where she wants to keep kids safe and give them the education they deserve but nobody seems to know what to do.

Coffee Shits

Hardcore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"You have to wear a mask I don't wanna catch rona bro"
p100.jpg
"OMG stop embarrassing me bro"

whogoesthere

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I do currently for a few reasons. In looks to be coming into force in the UK so may as well get used to it. I wonder how long it will last, because it's not like COVID will fuck off come Winter. I sometimes think catching it and dying would at least absolve me having to put up with every basic fucking news outlet using the phrase "the new normal". Small mercies.

• Dumb
Reactions: FuckedUp

Aerilon6

Dr. Gaius Baltar
kiwifarms.net
I used to not wear it but now that my God Emperor Trump wears it, I must follow him, I'll wanna buy the design he wore, and it'll be useful, not just to protect me, but to post lewd pics of myself on 4chan with mask, and knee high socks. I'm a God-fearing real American, not like those libtards.

soda

gender plague
kiwifarms.net
Masks have been mandatory here for a while now. It's a mild inconvenience when the alternative could have been not leaving the house since March.

AnaV

Unavailable for a long, long time.
kiwifarms.net
I live alone and am a lazy fuck, if I die from COVID I would find it fucking hilarious. RIP, died from highly politicized bat anus virus.

Reactions: Pissmaster

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
I don't go out very much right now and don't mind wearing a mask to the grocery store or whatever for 30 minutes, but I'm highly skeptical about the protectiveness of cloth or low-grade disposable masks overall and don't like mask nazis. Some distancing and impeccable hygiene matter a fuck of a lot more imo based on medical literature and opinions I've found that were published early on or prior to this propagandized panic.

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I do currently for a few reasons. In looks to be coming into force in the UK so may as well get used to it. I wonder how long it will last, because it's not like COVID will fuck off come Winter. I sometimes think catching it and dying would at least absolve me having to put up with every basic fucking news outlet using the phrase "the new normal". Small mercies.
Holy shit, is your IQ above room temperature? The death rate for anyone below 70 is a fraction of a fraction of 1%.

Tags
None