What are your views on masks? Will you still wear a mask in public if it's not required? -

D min7

Crashing down
kiwifarms.net
To me, they’re just...fine. I don’t really have much of a strong opinion on them, but I’m not exactly opposed to them either. While they are uncomfortable and a minor inconvenience, at the same time, I do like the feeling of anonymity that comes with them covering half your face. Besides, I don’t have too much of a reason not to wear them, so if I have to go out in any form of a large crowd, fuck it I’ll just put one on. I barely leave the house anyway, and if I do, it’s not far from where I live at all, so it’s not like I wear a mask much at all really.

Mr. Popo chan

Making dreams come true since 1382
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This 1000x this. I don't wear a mask because that's not how THIS flu spreads.

This flu is water based and spread by contact not airborne. As probably someone else said in this thread wash your fucking hands, don't touch door handles with your hand where possible, don't touch your face, and fucking wash your hands and you'll be OK. If someone sneezes on you you can legally kill them*

*Only in China
Everything I have read is that contact based infection is pretty low, especially secondary contact (touching something someone infected touched) . Its respiratory droplets, that are produced from coughs sneezes and even talking and those strangely always heavy breathers. Masks catch the spit and particles of snot. and when both of the people wear one, that is two barriers catching stuff before you suck it in.

Holy shit, is your IQ above room temperature? The death rate for anyone below 70 is a fraction of a fraction of 1%.
Right but the hospitalization, feeling like shit and long term complication rate is much higher. So you don't die. I guess some people like feeling extra sick for weeks on end.

• Winner
Reactions: Senior Lexmechanic

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
They annoy me but I got used to wearing them. I have glasses and my job requires I enter a freezer. So my glasses are constantly fogging up.

When I was younger, I'd see Chinese people in news segments wearing and thought they looked cool. Now I know better.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Everything I have read is that contact based infection is pretty low, especially secondary contact (touching something someone infected touched) . Its respiratory droplets, that are produced from coughs sneezes and even talking and those strangely always heavy breathers. Masks catch the spit and particles of snot. and when both of the people wear one, that is two barriers catching stuff before you suck it in.
Someone has to sneeze in your face in order for you to catch it, or on your hands or a surface, or something for you to get it into your system. You have to be very close to someone for water, which is heavier than air, to get the Coof that way.

America's culture of having people be an arm's lengthy away as anything closer and we get uncomfortable helps in preventing folks from talking inches from each others face.

People are still touching surfaces that others cough, sneeze, spit, hack, etc on and then touching their face or other part of their body. Masks prevent this action as you can't touch your nose, lips, face, etc when you are garbed in this.

Hand sanitizer is always in my pocket now and putting it on after so much as touching a door i rub some on.

What I'd love to see is someone wear a full face shield all day and walk around town, anywhere, do normal shit, then take it back to the lab and see what kind of crap is on there just by going outside and what you are exposed to sans someone sneezing on you.

Mr. Popo chan

Making dreams come true since 1382
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone has to sneeze in your face in order for you to catch it, or on your hands or a surface, or something for you to get it into your system. You have to be very close to someone for water, which is heavier than air, to get the Coof that way.

America's culture of having people be an arm's lengthy away as anything closer and we get uncomfortable helps in preventing folks from talking inches from each others face.

People are still touching surfaces that others cough, sneeze, spit, hack, etc on and then touching their face or other part of their body. Masks prevent this action as you can't touch your nose, lips, face, etc when you are garbed in this.

Hand sanitizer is always in my pocket now and putting it on after so much as touching a door i rub some on.

What I'd love to see is someone wear a full face shield all day and walk around town, anywhere, do normal shit, then take it back to the lab and see what kind of crap is on there just by going outside and what you are exposed to sans someone sneezing on you.
Oh? how far does your breath travel on that cold day when you breath out extra heavy? Few feet easy. Sneezes travel over 6 feet easily. 6 feet is not right in your face. normal water vapor breathing has been shown many times before covid to travel often travel 3 or so feet, so sneezes are much father. Also, clouds .That is water droplets so they can stay in the air. Water droplets at ground level from your warm body stay in the air for at least a few minutes and when you sneeze and dont cover it totaly, they are spraying everywhere . More than enough and enough time for one person to walk away, and another to walk right into it.

Moguro Fukuzou

Customer Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
kiwifarms.net
I only wear a mask when going inside a store, especially if it's a smaller store, just as a curtsy to employees or other shoppers. Most local shops already limit how many people can be inside at once and while most don't make masks mandatory they do encourage it. If I'm just outside I don't, just try to keep away from anyone else I'm not already with, since wearing a mask with glasses is a pain most times.

Reactions: ConfederateIrishman

eeeeeeeeeeeee_diot

it takes a really high iq to understand validate
kiwifarms.net
Masks look cool, but it's hard to breathe in them. I just wear them because any tiny amount helps in my eyes.

AMERICA

Coca-Cola, sometimes war
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wear masks. Studies on whether or not they are effective against covid are mixed, but it can't hurt. Still, if you're super neurotic about it (and you don't have a health condition/vulnerable relatives) then you can pound sand. I don't have much patience for hysterical idiots, and some people get off a bit too much on forcing others to comply.

Local Fed

Dolly Parton fan account
kiwifarms.net
It was made mandatory to wear them in stores recently where I live so I don't have a choice. I don't really go out though other than to get groceries but I went maskless up until I didn't have a choice. No reason for me to freak out about it even though I don't like it. The second that it's not mandatory I'll be back to not wearing it. My personal opinion is that it's bullshit that the government can mandate wearing them. If businesses want to make their own polices, however, that's fine with me and I'd respect them.

PortsideDave

Concentration camp counselor
kiwifarms.net
I have to wear one for work and let me tell you I fucking hate it. Uncomfortable as fuck especially in heat and it makes it hard to talk to people. Where I work my company went the extra mile and placed plexiglass screens in front of cashiers. Sounds great until you try to take someone’s order, for some reason people don’t want to speak up. I have a hard time understanding their orders and need to politely ask them to repeat three or so times. I’m someone who loses it if I even slightly fuck up an order so I want to get the customer’s order 100% right, the masks make it hard for me to understand. Now maybe I’m starting to lose my hearing if so that’s my problem, but if you can’t speak up with a mask please order online then.

vaporubber

I tell you what, this Goofus fellow is a dumbass!
kiwifarms.net
“What makes things easier for me?” is always the first question I ask myself when I make a decision.

At my job, I have to wear a mask. At the store, I have to wear a mask. Those are the rules, and making a big fuss about “muh principles” just makes things more difficult for everyone - including myself.

Personally, I hate the damn things. But it’s more of a nuisance NOT to wear them, and I just don’t want to be bothered.

clusterfuckk

Just a Karen with a hate hard on
kiwifarms.net
My view is they should only be worn by medical professionals and those at risk.
This comes from a selfish POV because I have many claustrophobia and a panic disorder so anything over my face sends me into a fkn loop.
That being said, I really think healthy people need to just develop natural immunity. Masks give a false sense of security.

I am baffled at how angry pro maskers get when someone doesn’t agree with them. Had a complaint at work for sharing a anti mask meme on SM. 🤡 🌎

Tags
None