What are your views on masks? Will you still wear a mask in public if it's not required? -

Sopressata

kiwifarms.net
I live in the NYC area , I wear a mask when I have to like to go into a store but if I’m walking on the street now fuck no. It’s 100 degrees here. I work in health care and I feel that avoiding all germs hurts our immune systems more. Also I have had to take a fit test everyplace where I’ve worked. A fit test is when you put a proper mask on and they test you to see if you’re wearing it properly. They spray a puff of aspartame and if you can taste it the mask isn’t fitting you properly and you aren’t allowed to see patients with disease like TB or any others that are on droplet precautions. A bandana isn’t doing shit. Maybe it’s lessening the viral load but it’s not stopping you from inhaling or exhaling it. But my mayor and governor are insane Nazis and there are a lot of massive tools walking around out there who act like you are murdering everyone if you are without mask so I play along and wear when required so I am left alone . Hand washing is more important.

UselessIdiot

Time Waits For No Ma'am
kiwifarms.net
I don't have to do any actual necessity shopping myself, so I've never worn one, and I won't since their effectiveness is highly dubious and they never were mandatory for all those months since the outbreak first began. I'd rather just wait to go to malls and places again until they're no longer required by governments or chains, even if that's not until next year -- oh well! They look uncomfortable and I don't really feel like acquiescing to more restrictions on everyday life.

Reactions: AnotherPleb

Crazedking

If only you knew how bad it really is.
kiwifarms.net
meh, im generally fine following the rules. Currently forced to wear mask for grocery shopping and using the bus so i pull the mask out for those. Otherwise fuck that. Its like 30celcius and humid as fuck outside. cant breathe for shit with a mask in that weather making my face sweat like hell and breathing fogging up my glasses in the summer is annoying as fuck.

Autistador

"My blade? She's called dickdestroyer9000"
kiwifarms.net
Immune compromised, so I wore one before they were mandatory (UK) They are a massive pain in the arse tho, claustrophobic and glasses-phobic, and I get why people don't want to wear them, I can barely stand em.

• Feels
Reactions: FuckedUp

queerape

Gorilla gorilla goes Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
The most autistic thing i did lately is buy some fabric paint and black masks and iron on patches so i can customize them on my own.

Knojkamarangasan_#4

Best gem
kiwifarms.net
My main issue with the whole WEAR A MASK BIGOT mentality is just how hypocritical it all is. We saw for months how all these corrupt organizations like who and other people on twitter and shit talked on and on how masks did nothing then changed their mentality on the spot and scream how important it is. While at the same time talking about "social distancing" and all that but then they turn around and all say how it's suddenly fine for millions of people to have huge riots/protests whatever and somehow its okay cus muh reecism? Now the same people who are all all far left types on all the usual issues going on and on how non-mask people are evil and shit. In the end it's all a giant shitshow full of hypocrites with conflicting evidence when the fact is that the basic stuff like handwashing, not touching your face and all and general safety measures is leagues beyond some shitty facemask that are just uncomfortable to wear.

Also the fact that it's most often not the 95 face masks means it's all more of a placebo to make people think they're safe when they're really not but people being cunts and forcing you? No that's just ridiculous.
And this is coming from someone who used to wear 95 facemasks when I lived in the city because just in case, got comments and people being dicks and now the same people demand that face masks is required? No fuck you, fucking npc's is all I can say.

(Not to mention how travel and shit is still allowed and so on) It's all nothing but hypocrosy. Though if I were to visit a big city I still probably would want to wear my 95 one just in case but the whole fuzz people act like it is beyond retarded. It's just like following the trend of what's socially required and some shitty cloth won't protect you but people are too dumb to realize it. The Floyd shitstorm was honestly the breaking point for me.

Orion Balls

Found the point!
kiwifarms.net
Still wearing a mask. Will keep wearing it till I'm not legally obliged to, or I contract Covid and am stuck at home for fourteen days. Since they have become common place in this culture, I won't feel bad about wearing them when I am sick in the future.

• Agree
Reactions: Senior Lexmechanic

Tour of Italy

Take comfort in the classics.
kiwifarms.net
So now the Branch Covidian cult leader Dr. FaoXi is recommending people wear EYE GOGGLES on top of your mandatory face-burqa. How many masktards will fall in line for this too? Is there any limit at all to what they will blindly accept and comply with?
The limit is when it’s no longer a politically convenient way for the government to expand it’s power.

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
Where I am (outside US) masks are mandatory to enter any shop. You try going in without one, security will haul your ass out quickly. Otherwise they don't give a shit, you can walk and go wherever outdoors with no issue. People are fairly sensible about it, with the only ones really wearing masks/face shields outside being the elderly. I have no issue with it.

If they made it mandatory to wear while walking about outside, minding your own business, then I would have an issue with it. That's just being stupid. If we had these mask fag citizens who went around macing people for not wearing outside, I would definitely not wear one just to fuck with them.

Edit: Also depends where you are. Guarantee if people lived in SEAsian countries where they make this shit mandatory, everyone would do it because police do not fuck around. Want to get thrown into prison and beaten or have your work permit cancelled, try pushing back against them. They have no problem going full on police brutality/authoritarian when it comes to enforcement of laws there.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: I Exist

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
So now the Branch Covidian cult leader Dr. Fao-Xi is recommending people wear EYE GOGGLES on top of your mandatory face-burqa. How many masktards will fall in line for this too? Is there any limit at all to what they will blindly accept and comply with?
The eye goggles are about protecting yourself, I'm not gonna bother with them (I already wear glasses) and have no issue with people making their own decision on that

The mask is about protecting others, that's the difference, I'm willing to accept minor inconvenience (and more) for that

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
I stopped wearing a paper mask in public because I stopped caring if I get covid or not. We all die eventually so why bother fighting it with a piece of cloth that may not even work at all? I still carry a bandana to put on when I need to wear one but frankly in terrified at how the whole "wear a mask or no service." Sounds an awful lot like how in the book of revelation "and whoever didn't have the mark of the beast upon him was not allowed to buy or sell."

If I am to wear a mask everywhere I go it shall be one I respect
Screenshot_20200802-072707.png
There...Hurmm

lurk_moar

Wears a lab coat but curses like a sailor.
kiwifarms.net
I test rona for a living, so you better stay the hell away from me.

I wear a mask in public for a good reason being essential AF and all.

Reactions: Ciscoipphone

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
I stopped wearing a paper mask in public because I stopped caring if I get covid or not. We all die eventually so why bother fighting it with a piece of cloth that may not even work at all? I still carry a bandana to put on when I need to wear one but frankly in terrified at how the whole "wear a mask or no service." Sounds an awful lot like how in the book of revelation "and whoever didn't have the mark of the beast upon him was not allowed to buy or sell."
How is it different from “no shirt, no shoes, no service”?

JethroTullamore

Continuing the Irish tradition of alcoholism
kiwifarms.net
I travel for work from rural areas, to more densely populated cities, and oh my lord has it become a silly political issue.
In the city I see people wearing them outside, riding bikes, in 90 degree heat, like they just want everyone to know what a good boy they’re being.
Than, in the more rural areas/suburbs I’ll see people with no mask strutting around with their chest puffed out like they’re making some big statement.
I think it’s silly, but I wear mine inside stores because I don’t have the patience to deal with some hippy chick coming up and yelling at me for not wearing one, I just want to buy my six pack, lunch meat, bread and go home.

The one thing I have noticed though, is that is has empowered just the worst people. That kid in grade school who became a “hall monitor” and told on everyone? That’s the lady screaming at people for not wearing one. That dude who has no control at home or work but needs to feel some form of power? “Uhm, excuse me, is there a reason you’re trying to kill me with your mask-less face.” That’s him.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
Fauci is now apparently recommending goggles now.

Like I said in another thread, if you have to put on full on plague doctor cosplay to go outside, maybe we all deserve to die from the wu flu

• Horrifying
Reactions: Vault Boy
Tags
None