What do you guys think is going to the next Moral panic/outrage after SJWism dies out? - You know there's going to be one.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
I have speculated at autistic length on this very subject in the past
I find that each new cancerous social trend directly follows on from the previous cancerous social trend in some way.

SJW shit was in part a reaction against the transgressive edgelordy yet still progressive and liberal fedora shit of the immidiate late bush-post bush era (i.e. 2006-2012)

Transgressive edgelordy yet still progressive and liberal fedora shit was a backlash against the "MURICA AND JAYSUS! FREEDOM FRIES! ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME SUPPORTS TURRORISM!" schtick of 2001-2007

"MURICA AND JAYSUS! FREEDOM FRIES! ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME SUPPORTS TURRORISM!" schtick was not just a reaction to 9/11 but also to the clinton era PC movement and the ideas of a more unified and federalised world in the post cold war era. And so on into eternity

It is not merely a shift in political aligment from left to right or right to left, its a shift in tactics and methodology and the level of how absolutely cultish shit is. Say what you like about the fedora era or the weak PC shit of the clinton era, they were nowhere near as aggressively cultish and "IF YOU NOT WITH ME YOU ARE EVIL!" tinged as the SJW shit or the MURICA AND JAYSUS! shit at their nadir.

I think that generally speaking the cycle usually works like this.
a) reasonable progressives become the most popular cause
b) megalomaniacal and cynical and batshit crazy people join up and turn this cause into an autistic cultish shitshow
c) reasonable conservatives steadily become the most popular cause on the back of everyone getting sick of the crazystupid progressive cause
d) reasonable conservatives become the most popular cause
d) megalomaniacal and cynical and batshit crazy people join up and turn THIS cause into an autistic cultish shitshow
e) reasonable progressives steadily become the most popular cause on the back of everyone getting sick of the crazystupid conservative cause

However thanks to 9/11, the fairly chill (but visibly turning towards PC shittery) progressive wave of the late 90s was abruptly shifted to a immediate and sustained crazystupid conservative cause. Had 9/11 not happened its entirely likely that the SJW shit would have emerged during the middle bush era.

Using this metric I think its fairly reasonable to say that we are going to have a good 4-8 years of fairly chill centre right shit, followed by some kind of fundie/fringe political cause crazy train for another few years after that
As of now, I am torn between predicting an immediate heavy mainstream backlash bandwagon against SJW shit that will become quickly infested with autists, speds, and former SJWs looking to take some scalps to show allegiance to the new cause, or a more gradual slide from normie right wing hegemony to some kind of intrusive paleoconservative schtick. I have formerly predicted a revival in outright 80s/mid 00s style christian fundies but honestly I just dont see that happening given how utterly they have been driven into the underground of even fringe right communities.
I was hoping you,AnOminous,Jaimas or Syaoran Li would post here as a longtime lurker you guys are my favorite coverers of the Culture War shit. And your observations are mine too if the country follows it's current path and the DNC doesn't massively restructure after 2020 I think we're headed towards a Reagan style Conservative Era. And the Right will inevitably become more authoritarian and over-reach just like the Left has now and the Pendulum will swing again.

TendieMan

#1 Israel fan
kiwifarms.net
With the increased ability to spread ideas quickly and efficiently on the Internet as well as being able to respond to critique at a moment's notice I think we might be seeing the end of the left/right pendulum as we know it. Nowadays we have both the extreme left AND the far right sperging at each other, everyone else and their neighbor's dog. So, I think that in a relatively near future we will have smaller political factions sling shit at each other and it will probably be hilarious.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I think the next big hullabaloo will be centered around designer babies and CRISPR-related shenanigans. I've already seen little flashes here and there, and it's becoming increasingly likely that China's going to be the one to open that particular Pandora's Box fully.

Exigent Circumcisions

This little piggy is reeeetarded.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the next big hullabaloo will be centered around designer babies and CRISPR-related shenanigans. I've already seen little flashes here and there, and it's becoming increasingly likely that China's going to be the one to open that particular Pandora's Box fully.
Maybe they can finally create Chinese babies with souls.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
This is already starting. I'm torn between trying to distance myself from the inevitable shitstorm and attempting to figure out a way to make the T just FUCK OFF ALREADY.
The lgb needs to distance themselves. But the lgb orgs are all troon hugboxes. I say it's already too late. Perhaps the L still has a chance tho.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
The lgb needs to distance themselves. But the lgb orgs are all troon hugboxes. I say it's already too late. Perhaps the L still has a chance tho.
I have noticed lesbians are better about drawing that line, which is slightly weird because I find that some of the most vociferous trannyshielders/enablers are (straight) women.

I seriously don't understand why the fuck I can't get the other two to do the same, especially the bisexuals for fuck's sake.

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
The real L, sure, but unfortunately there are a shitload of bisexual women and straight women using their attraction to dicks in dresses as an excuse to call themselves “lesbians”. I fear real lesbians will be dragged down by the association created by fake lesbians.

tumblrkek

never gonna make it
kiwifarms.net
Perhaps backlash against the troons when the fad stops and people who transition inevitably regret it and talk about how much of a pot of crazy degenerates this community actually is.
Also I can maybe see faggots trying to normalize pedophilia and exc*ptional individuals trying to shift the blame on anime and whatnot.

Perhaps I'm too hopeful for the last one- but the art word ending up rejecting all the postmodernist garbage that has terminally infected it, leading to another "renaissance".

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Perhaps backlash against the troons when the fad stops and people who transition inevitably regret it and talk about how much of a pot of crazy degenerates this community actually is.
Also I can maybe see faggots trying to normalize pedophilia and exc*ptional individuals trying to shift the blame on anime and whatnot.

Perhaps I'm too hopeful for the last one- but the art word ending up rejecting all the postmodernist garbage that has terminally infected it, leading to another "renaissance".
Oh boy a full on return to the Jack Thompson era would just be grand after this current shitfest is over.

Metzger

kiwifarms.net
This is how I see it, in the American media, the best way to generate revenue is from polarization. So in a sense it could just be the market allowing for a corporate entity to act against the the well being of its people in an effort to maximize its profits. The other problem being that one specific group of people has investments in both sides of the argument. cough cough. With the advent of the internet, that once firm grasp the media had on unwitting American citizens was shaken and called into question. That is until our good old friends caught up. Even with all those icebergs trying to censor the internet there is so much fucked up shit happening in the world today they couldn’t possibly hide what is actually going on. I honestly think that the ease of the exposure of info about anti human efforts that are being carried out every day in the developed world will be the next big thing. The people versus the puppeteers. What’s happening in Israel, all those big tech companies selling our souls against our will to China, fuck, the inevitable social credit system that will be born from our incestous relationship with China, Chimera are being made today in labs in America that can host complete human organs including the brain. Minorities are set to outnumber whites, Europe will go down in flames in 10-15 years. The freedoms we enjoy on the internet will be non existent or so corrupted that many will become crestfallen. And while I’m speculating on the future, technological accelaration is nearing critical mass what with the race for AI. The internet was unprecedented and we have absolutely no longitudinal facts or studies about the lasting impacts that the internet could have on society as a whole. The internet itself could probably be viewed as kind of an AI with each individual human who interacts with it operating like nodes in a dense network and I wouldn’t be surprised if it transforms into something we cannot comprehend at this stage. It spread across humanity faster than any technology ever and has developed immensely and greatly extended its reach and application. We are already cyberneticaly enhanced with our cell phones. Tbh unless we completely sever ties with the “chosen” people and start breeding a lot and building up a solid social foundation and avoiding liberal degeneracy oh and spending less time around cell phone towers and the internet for good measure then I think we are poised to leave our generation trapped in a technocratic hellscape and that’s only if AI is benevolent or isn’t the great filter. I predict that in 100 years most of humanity will be brains floating in synthetic embalming fluid in these vast AI constructed pleasure domes. A place where they keep your brain in constant perfect euphoria and then use your remaining biomass for fuel.

• Optimistic
  • Autistic
Reactions: Agent Wet and zkLX

Syaoran Li

Clown World on PCP
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I'd say with the SJW's doing what they are currently doing and how they got to where they are now, I'd say we're due for another conservative backlash similar to the rise of Reagan in the 1980's, only with a more secular approach.

There's no way the Religious Right can ever come back to its former prominence outside of a few Bible Belt localities, and even those will start to secularize as the Boomers continue to die off of old age. Even the other conservatives and right-wingers don't like the Religious Right and Neo-Conservative types, as both camps ended up being an albatross around the Republican Party's neck in the Bush years in a manner similar to how the SJW's are starting to become for the Democrats now.

Honestly, Trump was just the earliest inkling of the pendulum swinging back, and if he gets re-elected in 2020 (and currently it looks very likely) this will only accelerate things further.

People assume that the current SJW moral outrage brigade is entirely astroturfed, and I would disagree. I do agree that it is partially astroturfed and a lot of the major Silicon Valley corporations are backing the plays of the SJW's in every way conceivable, but a lot of that is because of the relatively new field of Web 2.0 and the unfortunate fact that all the major companies are largely unchallenged monopolies.

I mean, if the Internet and corporate media landscape in its current form existed back in the 90's and early 2000's, I'd imagine we'd see similar astroturfing for the Religious Right and Neo-Conservatives, possibly silencing opposition to the War On Terror and similar issues. Others have pointed this out in other threads and honestly I am inclined to agree with them.

I am predicting the next moral outrage/moral panic will have its roots in a backlash against current SJW culture and the mega-corporations enabling them, and will most likely start to emerge in the mid-2020's to early 2030's, depending on the outcome of the 2020 election and maybe the 2022 mid-terms as well.

Personally, I am inclined to believe it will be like the Reagan backlash against the leftism of the 1960's and 1970's, but unlike Reagan, it would not be driven by Religious Right/Neocon types but instead be of a more secular populist or libertarian bent.

TL;DR-The next moral panic is anyone's guess at this point, but I'd figure the demise of the current SJW movement will be in the form of a conservative revival similar to the Reagan Revolution in the early 80's, only less Moral Majority and more "South Park Republican"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino