What do you guys think is going to the next Moral panic/outrage after SJWism dies out? - You know there's going to be one.

Voltaire

Frankenstein Gangster Communist Computer God
kiwifarms.net
Feminism will go back under ground within the next ten years and with it the 'sjw'. Over the next 8-12 there will be an attempt to bring back Bush jr era state loyalty assuming he republicans win at least 2 of the 3 elections. If that happens then people will simply stop talking to people who they oppose. Political violence will reach its peak and no one will care. If the Dems win at least 2 of the next 3 elections then their will be an extension of social programmes. Republicans will gripe as they cash their state given bux. Things will cool off as every single piece of the nation is sold off to globalists and no one will have the strength to fight it. The next generation will go full fash.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I'd say with the SJW's doing what they are currently doing and how they got to where they are now, I'd say we're due for another conservative backlash similar to the rise of Reagan in the 1980's, only with a more secular approach.

There's no way the Religious Right can ever come back to its former prominence outside of a few Bible Belt localities, and even those will start to secularize as the Boomers continue to die off of old age. Even the other conservatives and right-wingers don't like the Religious Right and Neo-Conservative types, as both camps ended up being an albatross around the Republican Party's neck in the Bush years in a manner similar to how the SJW's are starting to become for the Democrats now.

Honestly, Trump was just the earliest inkling of the pendulum swinging back, and if he gets re-elected in 2020 (and currently it looks very likely) this will only accelerate things further.

People assume that the current SJW moral outrage brigade is entirely astroturfed, and I would disagree. I do agree that it is partially astroturfed and a lot of the major Silicon Valley corporations are backing the plays of the SJW's in every way conceivable, but a lot of that is because of the relatively new field of Web 2.0 and the unfortunate fact that all the major companies are largely unchallenged monopolies.

I mean, if the Internet and corporate media landscape in its current form existed back in the 90's and early 2000's, I'd imagine we'd see similar astroturfing for the Religious Right and Neo-Conservatives, possibly silencing opposition to the War On Terror and similar issues. Others have pointed this out in other threads and honestly I am inclined to agree with them.

I am predicting the next moral outrage/moral panic will have its roots in a backlash against current SJW culture and the mega-corporations enabling them, and will most likely start to emerge in the mid-2020's to early 2030's, depending on the outcome of the 2020 election and maybe the 2022 mid-terms as well.

Personally, I am inclined to believe it will be like the Reagan backlash against the leftism of the 1960's and 1970's, but unlike Reagan, it would not be driven by Religious Right/Neocon types but instead be of a more secular populist or libertarian bent.

TL;DR-The next moral panic is anyone's guess at this point, but I'd figure the demise of the current SJW movement will be in the form of a conservative revival similar to the Reagan Revolution in the early 80's, only less Moral Majority and more "South Park Republican"
Personally I think we're going to see a revival of the Nationalist American Pride that defined the 1980s.

F

FA 855

kiwifarms.net
Pedophillia acceptance, furry acceptance (Like, mainstream tv shows will start adding token characters), Vegetarianism will become more aggressive and their will be mass campaigning for people to stop being "unethical" in exercising their freedom of consumption.
SJWism will never die, I think that as their ideas don't really work in reality, more and more extreme rationalisations for their philosophy will come about, and basically they will become so fanatical and puritanical that normies will not want to bandwagon with them anymore.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Pedo acceptance hitting the mainstream will cause the mother of all backlashes. Right now pedo acceptance is still kind of in utero, gestating, but the moment it's "born" into mainstream thought it will get smothered in the fucking hospital bassinet (and good riddance). Furry acceptance implies they rate highly enough on the give-a-fuck-ometer to be eligible. The other shades of deviance within furry will be purged with fire the instant furry goes actual mainstream. The Burned Furs shit is going to look like a sputtering candle compared to the flames that will consume the furry fandom at that time. It'll probably be momentous for the furfags and maybe 2 percent of the general populace will give a fuck.

Vegetarians ain't gonna do shit. Though I'd be all for getting rid of factory farming operations. Y'all need to eat less meat, anyway, you fat fucks.

Syaoran Li

Clown World on PCP
kiwifarms.net
My best guesses is that the next cultural zeitgeist following the inevitable mainstream backlash against SJW's will be either a secular equivalent of the Reagan Revolution from the early 80's with an increased focus on conservatism and American patriotism or a more firm return to the short-lived zeitgeist of edgy-yet-still-progressive fedora liberalism that was around in the late 2000's and very early 2010's as described by @Judge Holden

I mean, there was a very brief period from about 2007-2011 where the Neocons and Religious Right types of the Bush era had failed and been largely de-fanged (but weren't completely irrelevant like they became post-2016) while the forerunners of what would become the SJW movement were largely underground or confined to specific circles such as college campuses, left-leaning West Coast cities like Seattle and San Francisco, or the Punk subculture.

Honestly, it was a weird time both politically and culturally as everyone had finally realized the War On Terror was an utter disaster from the start and then the Great Recession happened, throwing the country into chaos, and stuff like Web 2.0 and social media as we know it began to take their current forms.

In terms of pop culture, you had the Seventh Generation of Video Games making gaming somewhat kind of mainstream while not being the over-politicized shit show it is now (at least not at first) and openly admitting you liked "geek culture" was no longer something that would get you shunned, but it wasn't quite yet the fad it would become for most of the 2010's.

It was that time where Jack Thompson got disbarred and ceased to be relevant, while Anita Sarkeesian was a "literally who?" figure for all intents and purposes, as were most of the lunatics currently involved on both sides of the culture wars.

Everyone knew Obama would win in 2008, but a lot of people (including many liberals and Democrats) generally thought he would be a one-term president because of the mess he inherited from Bush.

Then the SJW began in earnest with Occupy Wall Street and the re-election of Obama in 2012, followed by the federal legalization of same-sex marriage that led to a "now what?" moment for the greater LGBT movement (allowing the troon fringe to take over) and then the violent rise of Black Lives Matter and the utterly insane farce that was GamerGate galvanized the SJW Left into its current form, and the 2016 election sent them into overdrive.

Also, as Judge Holden pointed out, there was a sense of PC culture that was becoming prevalent in the late 90's under Clinton. It was milder than the SJW movement, but 9/11 and the subsequent War On Terror essentially killed it. It is possible that had 9/11 not happened, we could have gone through a less intense "SJW" phase in our culture during the early-to-mid 2000's, or had it not been for the Great Recession and Occupy Wall Street, the "edgy fedora liberalism" that seemed kind of the norm in the late 2000's could have lasted longer or had more permanence.

Either way, the turmoil of the Bush years essentially laid the framework for the current SJW culture wars nonsense of today.

P

PT 522

kiwifarms.net
What if the end of the SJW movement will need some cataclysmic event like a war or economic crisis?
Do you mean humanity LITERALLY GOING EXTINCT IN 2030 BECAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING or some liberal president being elected and kicking the hornet's nest by provoking China, Russia, and North Korea into war?

Last edited by a moderator:

ToroidalBoat

spoopy slime kiwi tuber
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's hard to have outrage culture in a post-apocalyptic world?

But assuming WWIII or some other apocalyptic event doesn't happen, maybe the pendulum will swing back to the good old days of fundies thinking Satan is behind everything.

Webby's Boyfriend

we are the 40%
kiwifarms.net
Do you mean humanity LITERALLY GOING EXTINCT IN 2030 BECAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING or some libshit tard president being elected and kicking the hornet's nest by provoking China, Russia, and North Korea into war?
I hope WW3 will happen and we can go back to hating enemy evil imperialist superpowers and their ideologies.
It's hard to have outrage culture in a post-apocalyptic world?
Nay, people will still get offended over every crap, like gender-neutral air raid shelters or Whites getting the best atomic shielding.

Dom Cruise

Smug vampire
kiwifarms.net
I have speculated at autistic length on this very subject in the past
I find that each new cancerous social trend directly follows on from the previous cancerous social trend in some way.

SJW shit was in part a reaction against the transgressive edgelordy yet still progressive and liberal fedora shit of the immidiate late bush-post bush era (i.e. 2006-2012)

Transgressive edgelordy yet still progressive and liberal fedora shit was a backlash against the "MURICA AND JAYSUS! FREEDOM FRIES! ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME SUPPORTS TURRORISM!" schtick of 2001-2007

"MURICA AND JAYSUS! FREEDOM FRIES! ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME SUPPORTS TURRORISM!" schtick was not just a reaction to 9/11 but also to the clinton era PC movement and the ideas of a more unified and federalised world in the post cold war era. And so on into eternity

It is not merely a shift in political aligment from left to right or right to left, its a shift in tactics and methodology and the level of how absolutely cultish shit is. Say what you like about the fedora era or the weak PC shit of the clinton era, they were nowhere near as aggressively cultish and "IF YOU NOT WITH ME YOU ARE EVIL!" tinged as the SJW shit or the MURICA AND JAYSUS! shit at their nadir.

I think that generally speaking the cycle usually works like this.
a) reasonable progressives become the most popular cause
b) megalomaniacal and cynical and batshit crazy people join up and turn this cause into an autistic cultish shitshow
c) reasonable conservatives steadily become the most popular cause on the back of everyone getting sick of the crazystupid progressive cause
d) reasonable conservatives become the most popular cause
d) megalomaniacal and cynical and batshit crazy people join up and turn THIS cause into an autistic cultish shitshow
e) reasonable progressives steadily become the most popular cause on the back of everyone getting sick of the crazystupid conservative cause

However thanks to 9/11, the fairly chill (but visibly turning towards PC shittery) progressive wave of the late 90s was abruptly shifted to a immediate and sustained crazystupid conservative cause. Had 9/11 not happened its entirely likely that the SJW shit would have emerged during the middle bush era.

Using this metric I think its fairly reasonable to say that we are going to have a good 4-8 years of fairly chill centre right shit, followed by some kind of fundie/fringe political cause crazy train for another few years after that
As of now, I am torn between predicting an immediate heavy mainstream backlash bandwagon against SJW shit that will become quickly infested with autists, speds, and former SJWs looking to take some scalps to show allegiance to the new cause, or a more gradual slide from normie right wing hegemony to some kind of intrusive paleoconservative schtick. I have formerly predicted a revival in outright 80s/mid 00s style christian fundies but honestly I just dont see that happening given how utterly they have been driven into the underground of even fringe right communities.
This is a pattern I've noticed, everything in American culture is a backlash to a backlash to a backlash staring since at least the end of WW2.

And since WW2 history has repeated itself and there's been echoes of earlier decades, we start off with the 1950s, the 1960s and then the 1970s, then the 1980s was an echo of the 1950s, the 2000s were an echo of the 1960s (JFK=9/11, Vietnam = Iraq) and now in the 2010s we've been living in the Neo '70s, it stands to reason then the 2020s will be an echo of the 1950s and 1980s.

The one odd duck in this being the 1990s, which don't fully resemble an earlier decade, the 1990s saw a return to a more progressive way of thinking, but there was still a lot of holdover of the prosperity from the 1980s, so the 1990s was like an odd blend of the 1980s and 1970s.

As for what happens next in the left after SJWs, my guess is either, if we go to war with Iran, the return of the anti-war movement or environmentalism may make a big comeback.

Bum Driller

Cultural Appropriator & Cowboy Chemist
kiwifarms.net
If I could predict, I would say that the next moral panic comes from the results of the current transtrender -stuff. It will most likely take the shape of "How did we allow this to happen?" as it becomes more and more obvious that the current methods of gender-changing are extremely harmful to human health, and hopefully it will mean that those methods go the way of lobotomy and other medical practices which were at one point deemed equally valid forms of treatment.

But then again, it might be wishful thinking.

not william stenchever

Pants shittingly exceptional aka: Bold
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I could predict, I would say that the next moral panic comes from the results of the current transtrender -stuff. It will most likely take the shape of "How did we allow this to happen?" as it becomes more and more obvious that the current methods of gender-changing are extremely harmful to human health, and hopefully it will mean that those methods go the way of lobotomy and other medical practices which were at one point deemed equally valid forms of treatment.

But then again, it might be wishful thinking.
Does it sexually arouse Yaniv that he might go in literal history textbooks as tranny Hitler?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino