What do you think happens after we die? -

Audit_The_Autist

spoopy harry potter cloak with a hitachi wand
kiwifarms.net
Die? We should be so lucky. I'm of a mind that we're already in eternal punishment and "death" is just an intermission to separate one set of tortures and humiliations from another. Also, god is a dick and our purpose for existence is to entertain him with our misery. Good things only happen because they give us hope that can be snatched away. Furthermore, happy people are probably soulless demons sent to make us feel bad about ourselves.

Or maybe it's all a dream. It would explain the need for a scientifically unobservable or provable concept like consciousness.

Super Smash Bros. Fan

Likes It Hard
kiwifarms.net
We lose consciousness and it will be as if life never happened. It is best to go with Occam's Razor.

I've long since accepted that it is not worth worrying about what happens after I die because I will not be able to know what is going on. It does not matter what happens in 2500 because I will not be alive to see it. As for obtaining immortality, I find that it is futile to attempt to approach permanence because nothing lasts forever, not even this universe.

There is nothing to worry about death since it is the only universal experience everyone shares. The question is, "can I be satisfied with what I have done in life?" Right now, I am not. What keeps me going is working on a personal goal of mine that I feel may take the rest of my life. Once I accomplish this, I give death's permission to claim me.

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine a vivid dream, a fever pitch indicative of passing on.

Then imagine being in a frozen picture, an oil painting.

This is how I see it happening, whatever electrical pattern in the body that had burned out leaving a still image in the rotting tissue.

Pigeondary

Better than ever!
kiwifarms.net
When you die you will go back to that nothingness consciousness that you were in for 13 billion years before you lucked into being given life.

WinterMoonsLight

Tsar of the Internet
kiwifarms.net
I would hope that in some form, our consciousness survives, and death is just a sort of transitory step from one form of "life" to another. The practical side of me leans more towards once you die, that's it. Show's over, folks.

I'm an agnostic, the religious can't say with any certainty that there is an after life, and the atheists can't say with any certainty that it's just the end of everything after death. I do tend to side more with the latter, but nobody knows for certain.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
We wake up suspended in a vat full of liquid in a darkened room briefly before someone comes along and types something into the console, sending us back in again.

(Seriously, I'm thinking nothing happens. As you die and your brain gradually runs out of oxygen you get that "second expanding into infinity" feeling as whatever you can remember flashes past and then it all goes black and then nothing, if I had to guess.)

Van Darkholme

DEEP ♂DARK ♂FANTASIES
kiwifarms.net
I hope there's something cool after, or reincarnation, but since this is an uncaring and cruel universe, there probably won't be jack shit.

I've been thinking alot about this recently, and the thought makes me very uncomfortable. But then again, what is there to fear if there is nothing? You just black out and are gone forever, till the very universe collapses into itself and beyond.

No matter how you lived, if you were a good person or a piece of shit, some day you will die. Death really is the great equalizer.

Reactions: StyrofoamFridge

Webby's Boyfriend

holds a degree in toon butchering
kiwifarms.net
Well, I have two ideas for life after death without life after death: So, when there is no afterlife, there could also be no soul and "we" are just the information that is being processed in our nervous systems, which would also generate conciousness then?

Idea No. 1: Our nervous systems work akin to computers and, with more technological sophistication, could be easily mimicked by them, say, simulated. So, we likely live in a computer generated world akin to "the Matrix" from that film trilogy. For the simulation, we are like file packages. When we die, we get removed from this world. But... that doesn't mean we get deleted automatically. That could happen, sure. But the simulators could also decide to do something else, like send us into other simulated worlds or download our consciousness into a body in their world.

Idea No. 2: "We", our consciousness, just results from a certain particle constellation in the information processing parts in our bodies. Since the universe is so big and old and there are probably many other worlds and something is going to be around forever, it is possible that by pure chance, a being will come into existence that has a particle constellation that makes him or her exactly like "us", no matter when and where. Sure, statistically, that is completely over-the-top unlikely, but given there may be uncountable universes which are going to exist forever, it is likely going to happen, somewhere somewhen.

In both cases, the "where" and "when" are unimportant - at first. Since because you experience yourself only subjectively, no time will have passed from a subjective view between your death here and your rebirth elsewhere and elsewhen. So, that is reincarnation come true!

Though of course, those are just some thoughts, not to say "hypotheses".

Reactions: StyrofoamFridge

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I believe the afterlife is whatever you believe it will be. If you believe in a heaven and a hell, you'll go to one or the other, unless you're Catholic, then there's Purgatory. If you believe there's no afterlife, then that's all for you. If you believe in reincarnation, you come back as whatever. If you believe you move into the spiritual plane of existence, you're a spirit. If you believe you go to the bosom of a loving God, that's where you go. Any opinion is valid here. Nobody is wrong, and nobody is right. Everyone's mileage varies.

But I believe that as long as you live in someone's memories and someone's heart, you never truly die.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Van Darkholme

Guts Gets Some

"Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa
kiwifarms.net
I believe the afterlife is whatever you believe it will be. If you believe in a heaven and a hell, you'll go to one or the other, unless you're Catholic, then there's Purgatory. If you believe there's no afterlife, then that's all for you. If you believe in reincarnation, you come back as whatever. If you believe you move into the spiritual plane of existence, you're a spirit. If you believe you go to the bosom of a loving God, that's where you go. Any opinion is valid here. Nobody is wrong, and nobody is right. Everyone's mileage varies.
That kinda devalues the whole 'punishment' angle to Hell, when you can just choose not to believe in it instead of facing it, huh?

Reactions: JosephStalin

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That kinda devalues the whole 'punishment' angle to Hell, when you can just choose not to believe in it instead of facing it, huh?
Sometimes people face and go through Hell right here on Earth. Since nobody has died, gone to Hell, and returned who can be sure Hell exists in an afterlife, anyway? So people can choose to believe, or not believe, in a Hell after death. YMMV.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino