What do you think is the worst DSP playthrough? -

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do)
    Okay, now attachments should be working and the site should be very fast. If not, report it.

Annie

Fire-Bear Cyberbully Girl
kiwifarms.net
Popular opinion faggot here, but MGS1.

He is unbearable during EVERY. SINGLE. CODEC call. It's both hilarious and aggravating at the same time how little attention he pays to anything in the MGS series, because every control and bullshit plot twist is literally spoonfed to you to make the game as cinematic as possible and he just shits on that idea completely. He's literally the dude that talks through the fucking entire movie.

Massively Strong Greed

Thanks for the money, dummy!
kiwifarms.net
Popular opinion faggot here, but MGS1.

He is unbearable during EVERY. SINGLE. CODEC call. It's both hilarious and aggravating at the same time how little attention he pays to anything in the MGS series, because every control and bullshit plot twist is literally spoonfed to you to make the game as cinematic as possible and he just shits on that idea completely. He's literally the dude that talks through the fucking entire movie.
In China they say, chiki chang wang chika Charlie chuka chon.

Happy Mask Salesman

kiwifarms.net
Thats like asking which cancer is the worst. I can't stand his JRPG playthroughs, mostly because he couldn't care less about the games story, characters, any kind of emotional scene (yea sure theyre melodramatic) he'll just ack through it, he shows absolutely no attachment and just doesnt give a fuck. I pray to god he'll never touch the Legend of Heroes series.

bearsintrees

kiwifarms.net
Blackout. And not just for recency bias. He runs through a dozen identical houses staring at the floor, then stands in a bathroom without holding the controller for 5 minutes at a time reading chat bait. Then he dies and the usual dozen excuses pour out of his gob in a random order. Then he stares at his phone for 90 seconds.

Repeat for 2-5 hours.

Shayden

The #1 quintessential [insert random jargon here]
kiwifarms.net
I personally prefer when he rages during a multiplayer match. But I guess MGS1 would be my pick, after all, he blamed the game, which would become a staple of him, instead of his lack of comprehension of the basic mechanics that were put forth.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
I'm torn between Scarface and BitchYear Witcher 3. In the first he sucked at everything: driving, shooting, that mini-game with a cricle. He didn't understand how the game works, used cheats and yet we've got one of the most severe rage-quits in the history of DSP.
In the Witcher 3 he didn't understand a single thing. Again. His build was pure garbage, his weapons and armor didn't match his skills, he played on normal, I guess, but still got his ass kicked all the time, he never used alchemy beyond healing potions, but the worst of all - he's skipped almost all secondary quests, which are body and soul of every RPG. He paid so little attention to the plot, that I'm surprised how he didn't get a bad ending.

Z

ZB 584

kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna say Sekiro but anything relatively recent qualifies, imo. His incessant bitching is the same as it's always been but now it's abundantly clear that he does not give a single fuck about his playthroughs or the people who watch them. The use of guides to find the best strategy for bosses, in Sekiro, (and then pretending that he doesn't, despite him suddenly changing his play style out of nowhere) and the shameless use of save states in DKC show that he is way past caring. People tune in to watch him rage and now he's taking that aspect away, because he knows that the few select cash cucks (Infinite 55, Superblindman et al.) will keep the pig pen afloat regardless.

Conversely his best LP is that of Catherine, back when he still used a camcorder. If you really want to see just how stupid Phil is, check it out, in what's a pure puzzle game. The lack of logical thinking and deduction is staggering. His most entertaining LP is his first run of DS3. Several bosses push his shit in again and again and again (50+ deaths to Pontiff Sulyvahn and Champion Gundyr). Essential watching.

A Witty Name

A Witty Title
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is easily Final Fantasy X HD-Remaster. The playthrough has the usual DSP nonsense of ruining cutscenes by making talking over them and making inappropriate jokes throughout every single one of them, getting lost in trials, obviously using a guide, that kind of stuff. There's also two noteworthy things about the playthrough though that causes it to deserve the title of worst playthrough Phil has ever done.

1. To my knowledge, this would be the last time ever that DSP would do off-camera grinding to level up as it used to be typical with his JRPG playthroughs (Ni no Kuni 1, Final Fantasy XIII, etc.). This was of no help whatsoever to Phil as he was still getting frequent game overs despite being overleveled to the point where Lulu was using late-end game magic less than a third of the way into the game (Firaga on Sinspawn Gui).

2. This is what seals it, his capture card frequently fails throughout the entire playthrough meaning that every twenty minutes or less, Phil will suddenly lose all picture and sound and rather than put the game on hold for technical issues (his card lacked a bypass or something like that), he would pause the playthrough midstream and restart everything. Phil normally makes his playthroughs unwatchable from a quality standpoint just by being Phil but he managed to also make his playthrough of the game unwatchable from a technical standpoint too.

Pubic Enemy #1

Oi m8 wot if ur mam was an email
kiwifarms.net
Worst as in biggest car crash or worst as in boring, unwatchable shit?

If it's the former I'd be inclined to say MGS2 - I know it's a meme answer but that was really groundbreaking in that no one had ever seen someone be such a fucking cunt over what is generally considered to be a classic title before. Plus it had all the classic Phil memes - insulting developers, blaming the game, nothing I could do, generally being a shithead.

If it's the latter - take your pick from any during the chat handholding era. DSP's actual playthroughs haven't been then centre of the cinematic universe for years tbh, the writers moved on from that a long time ago.

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Silent Hill 2 HD. Not sure if it's been postulated here but I'm convinced he played on Hard just so he could take a bigger shit on the game and intentionally piss everyone off, in the same contemptuous spirit that has him crushing water bottles into the mic. There's no way he doesn't know how beloved that game is and he obviously went in with no intention of immersing himself in the story or being anything other than his caustic, shallow self that is nü-Phil. I'm not even a huge SH fan but I wanted to see him catch a beating just for how obnoxious he was through the entire thing.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino