What do you think is the worst DSP playthrough? -

N1bbaN3rd

kiwifarms.net
Put me down for the MGS games. I'm not even a fan of MGS - I think Kojima is horrendously overrated (dare I say, he's the Japanese equivalent of Peter Molyneux).
But watching Phil bumble his way through MGS was enraging.
And even though it pissed me off to watch him fuck up at playing a game I don't even like, I still sat through it (the evilaj compilations, that is - I'm not a complete masochist).
It's the gaming equivalent of The Room - it's awful, yet its sheer awfulness is compelling.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
I'll never forgive him for ragequitting FFXIII-3. Despite how crap he was at the game he somehow managed to make it to the final boss and quit cause he didn't know how to play.
Whats up with him quitting rpgs at the last boss? He did the same with the Secret of Mana remaster. I mean I didn't really ragequit but more of a lost-interest-quit on Bravely Default. Found out about the twist, got all the characters to max level and all the jobs and just sort of, stopped playing.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
Put me down for the MGS games. I'm not even a fan of MGS - I think Kojima is horrendously overrated (dare I say, he's the Japanese equivalent of Peter Molyneux).
But watching Phil bumble his way through MGS was enraging.
And even though it pissed me off to watch him fuck up at playing a game I don't even like, I still sat through it (the evilaj compilations, that is - I'm not a complete masochist).
It's the gaming equivalent of The Room - it's awful, yet its sheer awfulness is compelling.
Never watched the whole playthrough, actually never watched any full playthrough, but the MGS1 tihydp was unbearable. Why bother playing when you've chosen ahead of time to treat the game with nothing but disdain. Not even saying he has to like it but he clearly made up his mind before he booted the game up.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dark Souls 1. I was going to say MGS 2 and 3 but the absolute insane thing about those fails is that he still beat both games without help. Excluding comments on his videos warning him about The End. He completely ignored how the game wanted him to play and yet still beat both games. I don't know what that say's about both games.

Whereas Dark Souls 1 kicked the shit out of him and he couldn't beat it until he started streaming and had the chat hold his hand and summoned players to beat bosses for him.

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whats up with him quitting rpgs at the last boss? He did the same with the Secret of Mana remaster.
RPG final bosses are typically the longest, most difficult fights in their respective games, especially if you're not doing side/expanded content and you're not taking the time or effort to prepare appropriately. Combine that with the fact that Phil is never, not even once, invested in a story, and it just becomes the longest, last part of a long slog he doesn't care about. He's got zero stamina and RPGs are fucking boring, awful choices for streaming unless the player is especially skilled or charismatic, so he's not even got his main motivator at work. It turns into a giant case of Who Cares and then when it gets difficult and/or frustrating he's got nothing tying him to beating it.

That last bit I can at least understand; I think everyone's bailed on a game at the last leg just because it sucked or was boring but they probably got to that point through some amount of investment rather than approaching it like a job that they can't stand.

Malagor the dank omen

Drakwald's most coveted goat
kiwifarms.net
RPG final bosses are typically the longest, most difficult fights in their respective games, especially if you're not doing side/expanded content and you're not taking the time or effort to prepare appropriately. Combine that with the fact that Phil is never, not even once, invested in a story, and it just becomes the longest, last part of a long slog he doesn't care about. He's got zero stamina and RPGs are fucking boring, awful choices for streaming unless the player is especially skilled or charismatic, so he's not even got his main motivator at work. It turns into a giant case of Who Cares and then when it gets difficult and/or frustrating he's got nothing tying him to beating it.

That last bit I can at least understand; I think everyone's bailed on a game at the last leg just because it sucked or was boring but they probably got to that point through some amount of investment rather than approaching it like a job that they can't stand.
Let's not forget Persona 3, where he quite against Nyx because he was too dumb to not have anti-charm accessories or just for taking 3 healers into the fight. And in the vids previous to the fight he rages like a baby because he was too dumb to not do Margaret's quests and so he cut himself off from the best personas in the game and he had to fight Nyx with regular personas.

And on top of all that, he was playing on easy where before the final boss he busted 6 of his insta rez items.

A Witty Name

A Witty Title
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let's not forget Persona 3, where he quite against Nyx because he was too dumb to not have anti-charm accessories or just for taking 3 healers into the fight. And in the vids previous to the fight he rages like a baby because he was too dumb to not do Margaret's quests and so he cut himself off from the best personas in the game and he had to fight Nyx with regular personas.

And on top of all that, he was playing on easy where before the final boss he busted 6 of his insta rez items.
If Phil had done that playthrough in 2018 or 2019, guarantee he would have been told about the Nyx skip glitch in advance, then either do it and pretend that he found a glitch or lose to Nyx then do it just to skip to the ending.

It's giving the Devil social link the 20,000 yen on 1/29 and 1/30, then starting his social link on 1/31, the day you're supposed to fight Nyx. This will skip the final boss because you can't do a night time social link and go to Tartarus on the same day.

Draventren

kiwifarms.net
For all the great options out there I have personal love in my heart for his NHL17 beta. I can grant that the game isn't for everyone and has a pretty sharp learning curve, but the way he talks about it makes it sound like NHL's control scheme is so complicated because it requires you to use the thumbsticks to control puck movement and body positioning to make passes and shots. It's the perfect way to see how his brain works: something happens that I didn't want to happen == bad/broken/glitchy game because I couldn't have possibly fucked it up on my own.

That and his ignorance of the sport at it's most basic levels. A fucking google search could have taught him the rules in 10 minutes or less, but he couldn't be assed.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
I need to check out this apparent dumpster fire gtaiv playthrough. Apparently game runs like shit on xbox one. Also having gone back to it before the controls are awful compared to san andreas or gtav
It's even worse compounded by the fact he's sucking the games dick and putting it on a pedestal.

What's the first thing he does? Actually takes his time and observes the surroundings like he's at some historical museum. He drives like a grandpa and does his goat laugh during all the cutscenes.

He's so afraid of fucking up with this playthrough that he's playing it insanely safe. Maybe it will pick up but as much as I remember, the game is slow as shit. Especially when he's doing side junk instead of just pure story.

HavenlyKingdom

kiwifarms.net
It's giving the Devil social link the 20,000 yen on 1/29 and 1/30, then starting his social link on 1/31, the day you're supposed to fight Nyx. This will skip the final boss because you can't do a night time social link and go to Tartarus on the same day.

I wonder how Testers didnt catch that Glitch.

Last edited:

WhatNemesisMeans

Goddamn degenerates...
kiwifarms.net
The MGS3 playthrough was peak DSP, as many have already said in this thread. It's full of comedy gold: wasting 15 minutes on how to equip a suppressor despite the fact that the inventory menu tells you how to, bringing out a shotgun against a sniper rifle, later a knife against a flamethrower, and later still a sniper rifle against The Boss, who's primarily a brawler. Shooting his way inside the lab instead of using the scientist disguise, and later trying to infiltrate the Shagohod hangar wearing the scientist uniform despite having been warned 30 minutes prior that it's the scientists' day off. Not understanding where he's supposed to go after meeting EVA (you're supposed to backtrack) and throwing himself off a cliff because the game didn't explain dood !

I can't list them all but damn, that was some insufferable playthrough.

Giovanni

A completely legitimate businessman.
kiwifarms.net
I just finished watching a TIHYDP of his Mario 64 experience. Holy goddamn. He's sucked at a lot of games, but...this was something else. He died so many times in Tiny-Huge Island that it was ridiculous. He died from jumping into a goddamn torch in the castle! He actually resorted to using the save-state feature to beat the game! This is a game meant for young children!

And while I knew it was inevitable, his bitching about "input lag" and such was just so hilariously wrong. Mario 64's controls are probably the most responsive and fluid of any 3D Mario game, except maybe for Sunshine.

I cannot comprehend how people can watch the raw streams of these things without killing themselves.

LOW TEAR NIG-

kiwifarms.net
His most recent playthru of Mario 64 was just awful, I'm not entirely surprised that he save scummed, as well as half of the time on the last star he just fell off and died to stupid shit without trying whatsoever. On top of that, there was a highlighted clip where he literally jumps off of the edge of the map and just gave up for the night and said, "FUCK THIS, I'M DONE. I'm done for today guys, I can't do this- this is horseshit! I've had enough." and my favorite excuse for his stupid deaths was, "the controls back then were so weird" and then said they didn't translate well into the newer gens or something along the lines of that. It's so maddening to watch him fail at insignificant things that he has full control over. It's exactly like in every meme video he just dies to something on his own volition - like jumping off a cliff - then he gets upset, and blames the game. This guy makes money playing videogames. This guy. This gouty exceptional individual who can barely function as a normal human being, who plays videogames on stream, and is married to a real woman his maid. Is this the standard for being a Let's Player? The bar was already so low.

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
Is this the standard for being a Let's Player? The bar was already so low.
Yeah, it's not a job with standards from the beginning. You can be the worst gamer in the universe, as long as you managed to hit "record" you also started your new job.
But standards changed as video content in general increased quality, with a lot of cuts and trimmed for entertainment (as it should be). Also add the fact that videogames got way more accessible and affordable for everyone, especially via Steam.
This combination is a death sentence for those RAW content creators, unless they have an entertaining personality, AT LEAST cut out downtime and/or have a general direction for their "show".
And tbh this is what I expect these days. They want money so they have to work for it, they have to appeal to the audience.

This is not a Free out'o Jail card for those lazy streamers who just sit on the buttox all day and "just want to have fun" while their life crumbles down behind the curtain. They also have to appeal to an audience, especially when 100% of their money comes from the fans, they should be servants to those consuming people, NOT insult them on a daily basis, or else they simply go somewhere else. It's still a show, a LIFE SHOW.

To underline what you said, yes Phil is horribly bad gamer, unwatchable, cringe, it hurts. But this is partly why people still watch him: To see the toppling train flip-flop in the ravine. This guy is so damn horrible, it's impossible to look away.

This won't make him the printed image of a standard Let's Player these days, just as he will never speak for gamers in general when he vomits another opinion about gaming, even if he hits the nail by accident (after hitting his own fingers several times).

Tatu Carreta2

kiwifarms.net
To underline what you said, yes Phil is horribly bad gamer, unwatchable, cringe, it hurts. But this is partly why people still watch him: To see the toppling train flip-flop in the ravine. This guy is so damn horrible, it's impossible to look away.
What gets to me is that 50% of his subs are half detractos half fans,they know he is exceptional,boring,ungrateful,shit at games,a liar,etc. and they still for some reason decide its a good idea to waste their time watching him and to give twitch their credit card info so they can donate money to him. I have the theory that the vast majority of people that learn about Phil think he is the worst but a small percentage of the population is exceptional so they think he is entretaining and they become legitimate fans.

I cloud understand why a real fan gives him money,what I dont get is why the people who think he is exceptional would go like "haha loook at this exceptional manchild fail at games and complain about everything in his life" *subs and tips 20 bucks*

Tags
None