What do you think this generation's "timeless classics" will be? -

DuckSucker

kiwifarms.net
I know its fucking gay to say it but like, Im looking back on songs like--songs my parents listened to. Im listening to "Lola versus the Poweman and the Money Go Round" and it's like, I mean when you say "Oh I have 'Lola' stuck in my head" people are gonna know what you mean. Im not trying to be a hipster about it but I cant really think of much music now that has that weight. People say the aughts were a wasteland and I kinda disagree, but maybe its a matter of perspective, but I cant argue that it wasnt, and I cant think of any sort of music that was the "Lola" 0f my time. I mean Radiohead got big. Maybe "Creep"? I hate that one but that's all I can think of as being like 'noteworthy'.

Im really not trying to be a "lel le wrong generation" sperg but Im genuinely thinking about this.

Last edited:

Clones of Alex Jones

Deus Ex Wasn't a Game it Was a Prophecy
kiwifarms.net
Im really not trying to be a "lel le wrong generation" sperg but Im genuinely thinking about this.
Vaporwave shall return in time for our now full on VR centered cyberpunk world. That shall create the real timeless ones for le plebs.

But for now? pre yeezus Kanye West discography, Don't like, remixes using the fuck her right in the pussy guy sound bite, and of course

I

IV 445

kiwifarms.net
Did Forrest Gump happen in this generation? That’s probably the one that comes to mind the soonest.

Avengers: Infinity Wars, or the sequel if it actually manages to be better. I think everyone saw that and loved it.

Let’s see what else....music is difficult to say.

Oh! Game of Thrones. I believe that has raised the bar for television and big screen cinema forever.

Nothing because everyone will just want to forget this garbage generation. Millennials will desperately try to claim to be either the generation before or the generation after them.
Found the boomer

Rand /pol/

RIP Corrugated Daffodils, Teri-Teri, & Cinderblock
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nothing because everyone will just want to forget this garbage generation. Millennials will desperately try to claim to be either the generation before or the generation after them.
There's some study or survey or whatever-the-fuck that says people like the decade they grew up in the most regardless of who was president or how the economy was doing.

MuuMuu Bunnylips

"I'm not angry, just very disappointed."
kiwifarms.net
Man, one of my faves. Can't seem to find where I can listen to it.

I vote this:

Nothing more fun than hearing the human race scream in terror and melt into a puddle of jelly while happy music plays in the background.

I'm thoroughly disgusted with myself for saying this, but.... Minions will undoubtedly go down in history as why our generation was the stupidest to ever exist.
What about The Emoji Movie?

TheCapybara

kiwifarms.net
I mean, I'm generally not a big fan of most of the music that's coming out nowadays, mostly because I don't like Pop no matter when it's from, but there've been a few bands and songs that people will probably remember down the road. Dunno what criteria we're working with for "This generation", but Gorillaz, Daft Punk, Arctic Monkeys, Imagine Dragons, and stuff like that will probably be remembered, if they qualify (Even if Gorillaz has been doing pretty mediocre lately). And there's been a few one-hit wonders that will probably be remembered down the road, like Somebody That I Used to Know or Humans (Has Rag and Bone Man had any other hits since Humans? Don't wanna categorize him as a one-hit wonder if he has). As far as movies and stuff go, the whole Marvel Cinematic Universe, with....some exceptions will probably be looked back on pretty fondly.

Tags
None