What do you think this generation's "timeless classics" will be? -

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gangnam Style seemed to hit a brick wall after 2012 was over, like I haven't heard it on the radio or anywhere in the background, and the jokes and parodies (like the elevator thing with the guy dancing) just completely vanished. It'll probably be revived out of the blue as a nostalgia thing in the 2030s. Or it'll be the centerpiece of a big meme, like Never Gonna Give You Up.

Crank Dat (Soulja Boy) is the 00's Macarena. Like, I could see it used to teach kids how to dance if it weren't for that "superman dat ho" part.

Poker Face by Lady Gaga is gonna be around forever. You'll periodically hear it in the background at the supermarket for the rest of your life. Same with Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams and The Killers' When You Were Young.

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
Dunno about your country, but this has been a real hit here in Finland. And I kind of hate to say that I like it too.

Syaoran Li

Oh what a night! Late December back in '63...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably High School Musical songs (cringe) and the Friends theme (double cringe).
As much as I dislike saying this, the only musical that I can see being remembered ten or twenty years from now is Hamilton. It was more or less a pop culture phenomenon all throughout the late 2010's.

At best, High School Musical is going to be seen as the late 2000's equivalent of those direct-to-video sequels to Don Bluth movies.

Orion Balls

Sorry Wendy, I love my hat girl.
kiwifarms.net
Hackers, with a side of Cruel Intentions. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Probably some Green Day. Or, do you mean Zoomers?

• Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Idiotron

Autismus Prime
kiwifarms.net
I don't think that anything mainstream will stand the test of time.
Instead, the obscure music that right now is known by a handful of people will slowly gain recognition and will become classic over time.

I think some movie score composers like Zimmer or Silvestri will be remembered because they're constantly changing the game.

Syaoran Li

Oh what a night! Late December back in '63...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Crank Dat (Soulja Boy) is the 00's Ice Ice Baby
Fixed that for you

Soulja Boy is one of those one-hit wonders that nobody ever admits to liking but everyone can pick out their one hit right off the bat because it was everywhere at its peak.

Then again, Macarena was in a similar way but the only reason it was played at grade school dances were because its more questionable lyrics were in a foreign language.

I do think a few things from the 2000's that briefly broke into the mainstream will be beloved classics but not so much the 2010's, but I could be wrong.

Coffee Shits

Hardcore
kiwifarms.net
Something by Adele, I couldn't name any of her songs because I'm not a fan. They seem to hit that sweet spot where they are universally liked but isn't so fit to be background music like the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Tags
None