What events/plans of yours have been cancelled by corona-chan? -

Pinot Pierrot

The naive one, forever waiting.
kiwifarms.net
I'm supposed to be on a plane to Rome by tomorrow. I'm not fond of travelling, but this would have been my first time visiting a European country; was hoping to enjoy authentic Italian cuisine straight from the source, maybe check out the Vatican art everyone talks about, and defend my bags from pickpockets. Funny how life works, huh?

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was supposed to be going to a family wedding, but I developed a persistent cough yesterday and I decided not to chance it.

Unfortunately, as of this afternoon, the cough seems to have calmed right down, so basically it looks like it isn’t Corona and I could have gone. Corona-chan is capricious.

I’ve been told I’ll almost certainly have to work from home as of next week.

Autumnal Equinox

Null killed my avatar
kiwifarms.net
No actual plans, but it's getting harder and harder to find things like toilet paper and canned goods, rice, beans ect..here because everyone (looking at you, actual boomers...) going full re.tard and hoarding anything they can. Went to four larger stores yesterday (Costco, Winco, Fred Meyers and Walmart and all four have been almost picked clean.

Stupid fucking doomsayers. Hope if/when the plague really hits, they're the first ones affected, and I hope it's painful.

Disgruntled Pupper

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I went to the store this morning for bananas and tard cum. Got the tard cum, but the banana area was completely empty (as were beans, most of the meat, and oatmeal)

Damn Corona keeping me from my potassium :mad:

Reactions: SisterChristian

Kiwi Lime Pie

Tasteful in any season. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Generally speaking, almost every type of social event here has been canceled or strongly discouraged through the rest of the month. Those that are religious are even being told that their churches aren't holding live services for the time being with some even switching to webcasts or encouraging individual reflection, prayer, meditation, etc. until things get back to normal.

Specifically, one of the social groups I belong to has been canceling events with larger turnouts. Given that some of the members don't take of themselves in terms of their health, it's not surprising and going on hiatus might actually do everyone a favor.

If the current restrictions and cancellations get extended beyond the first week of April, my paying side hobby could be affected to the point I make significantly less than usual from it this Spring -- or even nothing.

Clovis

The blood of these whores is killing me!
kiwifarms.net
I'm supposed to be on a plane to Rome by tomorrow. I'm not fond of travelling, but this would have been my first time visiting a European country; was hoping to enjoy authentic Italian cuisine straight from the source, maybe check out the Vatican art everyone talks about, and defend my bags from pickpockets. Funny how life works, huh?
I'm supposed to be going to Rome in May. First proper holiday in a decade, but I don't know if I'll be able to fly or if I do, if anything will be open.

Got a 3 day work trip at the end of the month and I'm hoping that will at least happen, I'll take my chances with the train travel, hopefully I'll have a carriage and hotel to myself.

Glad I couldn't help

Ohai!
kiwifarms.net
My board gaming group has cancelled all events for this month. The various programming meetups I have also cancelled their events. All the libraries have also closed for the same amount of time.

• Feels
Reactions: Clovis

FuckedUp

Trump's half-Chosen
kiwifarms.net
My college is online for the rest of the semester. I've already done phenomenally in previous semesters, but I seriously hope this won't make grad admissions think less of my (probable) A's in the four upper-level CS classes I'm taking right now. The worst part about my situation is that I can't get any real answers because nothing like this has ever happened before. :stress:

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I spent an obscene amount of money to buy a used 230-ton cooling tower for an industrial project that needs to be finished before the summer arrives, and it's all going to go to shit if the ability of the seller and/or the installation contractor to work gets shut down by any kind of government-mandated local lockdown.

Reactions: Clovis
I was going to go to museums at a potential grad school. Half their shit is closed down by coronavirus even though the buildings would get way less traffic than any restaurant or store around.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Keeper of smug anime face.
kiwifarms.net
While not cancelled (yet) I’ve decided not to attend the final fantasy tcg pre release at my local game store this weekend and i’m not going to the monthly tournament at the beginning of next month either.

stuffandthings

Inflammatory Metacommentary
kiwifarms.net
TF Con in Orlando was cancelled.

My sister's bridal shower is in limbo right now. Was supposed to be this weekend, but she and future in laws were supposed to travel from several states away back home for it.

My other sister is a teacher, school is cancelled for a month.

Tags
None