What game did you finish today? -

thejackal

kiwifarms.net
Best games imo are open ended so with that in mind I'm currently as far as I've ever gotten into an FM 16 (the last good version!) playthrough. It's 2024 in my league and I've won a lot of titles, two time UCL champs, two time EPL champs and one time FA cup champ.

At any given time we've got 3-4 world class players in the bench (we have great depth thanks to our generous ownership) and the club is currently ranked 2nd in the world according to the coefficients (Man U is #1, Juventus is 3rd) and has an estimated value of 1.8 billion dollars, 3rd behind Man U and Tottenham.

I usually get bored long before this but this time I chose Wolves and got insanely lucky with an ownership change that basically gifted me a 100 million dollar transfer budget after we got promoted into the EPL. Usually it's around 10-20 million which really curtails your ability to sign anyone (and keep your wonderkids) as you can't really afford their salaries. I was able to sign all my wonderkids and avoid transfers to bigger clubs while I built the thing.

/autism.

scorptatious

Puts the F-U in Kung Fu
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Played through all of the original Katamari Damacy for the first time in one sitting last night.

Coming from its sequel, We Love Katamari, a game I've played a lot over the years, it was a bit more clunky to play, which is to be expected, but it's still really fun and charming.

EDIT: Also, "You owe Us for your existence, We collect on the debt. Yes?" Is probably one of my favorite lines ever. Such a dad thing to say.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Asperchewy

Asperchewy

Make Microsoft Paint Great Again
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last night I 100% completed "Costume Quest 2" for the family. Its a Halloween tradition where we play at least a few Halloween inspired games to completion during October.

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last night I finished the story of Fire Emblem Echoes.

I saved partway through Chapter 5, right after beating Berkut. Until then, the game had been pretty fun. Not really that tactical without the weapons triangle (I had only played the Blazing Blade), but still fun to do some quick battles. Plus I kinda liked being able to grind between story events, rather than progressing from one battle to the next. I ended up promoting Kliff to Dread Fighter in the dungeon, went and got the McGuffin sword...

Then it all went to hell. I was initially interested by what I heard about this game. Alm opting for war while Celica trying to find a peaceful solution. Sounds like a good moral dilema, but Celica does nothing but fight. Her big solution is sacrificing herself, only to find out she's been lied to. She gets stabbed, but instantly revived. Okay. Major anti-climax there. But then I went through the doors to get the rest of her team, only to find that by doing so I had started the final battle.

The entire dungeon, I could only take 10 characters (including Alm) with me. This was some last grinding before the final battle. I couldn't switch out for others, nor could I exit so I could promote Alm to his overclass (only DLC I bought with remaining balance on my account from buying some games). And then I get thrust into a bullshit battle, between Duma (who has this spell that hits all my guys on the map), Jedah and his bullshit shield, two-witch spawners, reproducing floating eyes, and a guy whose attack reduces someones HP to 1 if it hits. All of that, with no chance to further improve Celica's team. Couldn't take Jesse for instance to turn him into a Dread Fighter. And in the end, only Alm can kill the final boss while his team does the heavy lifting of the battle (the fact I liked some of the guys on Celica's a lot doesn't help).

It's just, wow. I know it's a remake of an NES game with some modern tweaks, but that final battle felt like pure bullshit. It just threw everything at me, while giving me little opportunity to prepare half of my forces. And it just left a real sour taste in my mouth when all was said and done. I had liked the game so much before chapter 5 happened. Overall, before it was a fun 7.5-8/10, but in the end it was a disappointing 6.

Faye is also the daughter Mikazuki and Atra (Gundam IBO) never had.

I think I want to still try more Fire Emblem though. Walmart still has Conquest, I think, so I might swing by this weekend to give it a go.

Last edited:

Archeops

Always mystified by the "plots" of dangerhairs
kiwifarms.net
I bit the bullet and picked up the Spyro Reignited Trilogy back on Tuesday and I just beat all three games to completion 6 hours ago.

Reactions: TalmudSperg

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally beaten Killer 7. One hell of an experience considering it's a rail shooter where movement is just holding down A and B. Makes one wonder if Suda51 will actually make a sequel to it or not since the last screen shown is "the end?".

Reactions: TalmudSperg

scorptatious

Puts the F-U in Kung Fu
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
FINALLY beaten Drakengard 3.

Holy fuck that final boss. Felt so good finally getting past it.

Cubanodun

Stylish Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
Wing Commander 1 for the Sega CD, im to lazy to use DOSBox, was wondering why such a good game has not be remastered for cash grab then i realized is from >EA, so its death like Castro and the Ultima franchise

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
I just beat Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope, and I’ve started New Game+. The Enchantress was really annoying to fight, ‘cause she’d constantly fly all over the place like an insect.

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
Beat Persona 5 last night. It's now one of the best games I ever played recently! It took me a total of 92 hours and 47 minutes to beat. If I ever get the opportunity, I'll try out the other games.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
Not a game but a mod. I just finished my first playthrough of Fallout: New California and I must say those guys did a really good job putting it all together. The one true fallout release of 2017.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino