What game do you wish Phil would play? - AKA best future TIHYDP material?

Absolute Brainlet

Local demon pimp shitposting on New Zealand forum
kiwifarms.net
im sure you're aware now but he has played terraria before, i don't remember how far he got, but i don't think it was further than skeletron
holy shit, he actually did

nigga only got as far as surviving the first night lmao

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Don't know if I "want" to see him play it, but it could be a good trolling opportunity to mention that Monster Hunter World is 60% off this week. He refused to play it last year.

leChinkyRaccoon

S’accommodi
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone said Russian Roulette yet?

Russian Roulette is a lot easier with just one simple trick!

I'd like to see Phil play Maximo or maybe Nocturne. The former just is unrelenting, the latter is an RPG with a lot of mechanics that are atypical. He said he played and liked the Last Remnant recently, when asked if he would play the re-master and that's an overly complicated jRPG. Anything where a guide or hand-holding really won't save you. I know for sure with Nocturne your party composition could be completely awful at any given time for any particular juncture in the game and you'd need to re-work everything.

Kheapathic

Good boy go to Heaven, bad boy go to New Jersey
kiwifarms.net
Even though it's my favorite game of all time; Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.

It's a quasi-tactical RPG with fighting game combo mechanics, and characters even have supers (Purify Weird Soul) that you can chain together. The problem is, stats and simple "Better gear" won't allow you to brute force your way through. Enemies, and especially bosses need to be hit what they're weak to and the game won't tell you; so gear with a special attribute can be better than something with straight stats. There's also these orbs that can only be used in dungeons and modify things in the dungeon or on your party. If you grind and get enough gem points, you can unlock the orbs which allow you to use them in other dungeons as well. Nothing is too complex in the game if you're willing to put in some time and effort to learn how mechanics work and find good team compositions and combos; but Phil wouldn't be willing to do that. He'd keep running face first into walls and bitching about them.

All that aside, I've seen quite a few say SMT: Nocturne and while I'd like to think of Phil being another victim of a Matador rage quit; I'll lower the bar just a bit and say Digital Devil Saga.

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
i'd like to see him play StS (Slay the Spire) on the switch when they release it and then bitch at him for being to stupid to play it on his PC.
if any of you play hearthstone and remember kobolds and catacombs its sort of along the lines of that, except its not a boss rush.
like a dungeon crawling card game, sort of

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Claims it was a waste of time... If he had played it longer, he would'ave met his own people.
I've said this before, but I'll say it again after his rant in the last two minutes of that video: how do trolls affect a multiple choice poll that DSP himself creates? Why are their choices on the poll that DSP doesn't want to play?

Is it one of those things where you offer your friend some food or to help him with something, but you don't really want your friend to say yes, you just want credit for offering it? Actually, now that I've typed it out, that's exactly what this was; DSP just wanted to offer something to placate his fans but didn't actually want them to vote for it.

Crocketron

Your friendly eldricth horror
kiwifarms.net
I've said this before, but I'll say it again after his rant in the last two minutes of that video: how do trolls affect a multiple choice poll that DSP himself creates? Why are their choices on the poll that DSP doesn't want to play?

Is it one of those things where you offer your friend some food or to help him with something, but you don't really want your friend to say yes, you just want credit for offering it? Actually, now that I've typed it out, that's exactly what this was; DSP just wanted to offer something to placate his fans but didn't actually want them to vote for it.
Most of them wanted him to go back to games he rage quit from. I vaguely remembered the list being Scarface (The grinding in the game was bad but the game gave you enforcers to make it easier), Jak 3 (A game that was significantly easier than the past two installments), any from software redemption runs (Which he did but completely fucked himself).

It's hard enough to watch it knowing that he quit so early, it's even worst seeing someone shill out money on a game he'll delete and not refund the money back (Even if it's a digital copy, at least give them something back in return).

Malagor the dank omen

Nuttier than 100 herds of goats
kiwifarms.net
Most of them wanted him to go back to games he rage quit from
If i remember correctly, he finished Scarface by putting cheats. First it was because he was getting curbstopmed by everything in the game and then cheated to get money. But do people seriously poke at the raging Goutlord with going back to games he rages at? I kinda hope someone brings the sorest point in DSP story: Persona 3 where he ragequitted at the final boss.

Also, if i remember correctly DSP stopped playing DD because he didn't knew how to play and didn't wanted to go back to the tutorial, which is barely 4 minutes. I was hoping to see him rage about crits, the collector or enemy attacks having different attack effects at higher difficulties.

Crocketron

Your friendly eldricth horror
kiwifarms.net
If i remember correctly, he finished Scarface by putting cheats. First it was because he was getting curbstopmed by everything in the game and then cheated to get money. But do people seriously poke at the raging Goutlord with going back to games he rages at? I kinda hope someone brings the sorest point in DSP story: Persona 3 where he ragequitted at the final boss.

Also, if i remember correctly DSP stopped playing DD because he didn't knew how to play and didn't wanted to go back to the tutorial, which is barely 4 minutes. I was hoping to see him rage about crits, the collector or enemy attacks having different attack effects at higher difficulties.
He did used the code around 400+ times just to play through the game. The games tutorial tells you a little on how to play. I do agree with you but not on the collector, Now if it's the ultra-rare tutorial Shambler, regular shambler or better Brigand Vulf. DD is fucking majestic at bringing salt, DSP would have been sodomized badly, he would be Casca after the Eclipse.

Tags
None