What happened to hipsters? -

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
kiwifarms.net
They pretty much morphed into modern consoomer culture. They still have almost all of the same aesthetics and irritating opinions; the glasses, the gut, the ugly beards that just don't look good on them no matter how well they're groomed, the same dull apathetic pseudoliberal outlook, etc. Its just that music and fashion snobbery have been replaced with corporate snobbery.

They got old but didn't grow up at all.

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
They became SJWs because no other group's more unlikable and stranger than them.
They pretty much morphed into modern consoomer culture. They still have almost all of the same aesthetics and irritating opinions; the glasses, the gut, the ugly beards that just don't look good on them no matter how well they're groomed, the same dull apathetic pseudoliberal outlook, etc. Its just that music and fashion snobbery have been replaced with corporate snobbery.

They got old but didn't grow up at all.

Either that or they all began to troon out because nothing says "I'm special and unique" like chopping your own balls off.

Vulva Gape

White Boy Summer
kiwifarms.net
Hipsters back in the 60s were actually counterculture and wanted to fuck the government while the "hipsters" of today are just establishment shills with a flannel and coffee obsession. I think some of them trooned out too. Today to be counterculture all you have to do is have kids and marry someone.

If you go to Portland you'll always see that the shitlib 30 year old bums stinking of weed all look and act the same, same style, politics. It's incredibly homogenous for a movement that claims to go against the grain. The antifa commie troons are more counterculture than them.

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
1619980103540.png

Solid Snek

kiwifarms.net
I think the problem with hipsters is that hipsters hated them.

Unlike Baby Boomer hippies, who all loved each other and wouldn't shut up about how great it was when they were teens and 20-somethings, Millennial hipsters all loathe one another, and in their minds, only associated with the scene ironically. Like hippies, hipsters are now old. But unlike hippies, they have no incentive to mention the fads of their youth. Their visibility is low because they hang out on dead websites like Facebook instead of live websites like Tiktok, and many of them are probably terrified of losing their jobs due to some long-past incident of cultural appropriation, like say that Arabic scarf you wore during your sophmore year at Berkley. Why dredge up the past, if it only brings you pain?

Truly, hipsters are the Forgotten Generation.

Spartacus Mills

overtly faggy
kiwifarms.net
They became SJWs because no other group's more unlikable and stranger than them.
The funny thing is that back in the mid-late 00's hipsters (although they weren't called that back then) were far from being SJWs because what was considered cool was basically doing "provocative" and "shocking" things mostly just for the sake of being edgy. The whole culture of "cool" urban young hipsters revolved around that
I recommebd the 2005 show Nathan Barley for reference (it's only six episodes long and it's on YouTube). To get my point across I'm gonna use an example from there: one of the main characters writes in a "cool" magazine called SUGAR APE, and in the first episode they reveal the new logo, which looks like this just because it would "piss people off":

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-02-22-53-37-641_com.google.android.youtube.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-02-22-53-37-641_com.google.android.youtube.png
    699.1 KB · Views: 26