What Have You Cooked Recently? -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I finally did it my fellow kiwis! I cooked a lobster dinner with French style green beans and mashed potatoes and for Just one night I ate like a king and had something that wasn't spam and ramen instant noodles or beans and cut up hot dogs

View attachment 1563078

Sorry for the low quality pic as you can probably tell by the mug if beer I'm a little tipsy in celebrating a meal like this. And this unfortunately is just a one time thing. For the next two weeks hopefully I have enough of those spam and beans and eame to keep from starving till next payday
even a blurry pic of Ebirah there is enough

ImHapp

DAme Da NE
kiwifarms.net
I finally did it my fellow kiwis! I cooked a lobster dinner with French style green beans and mashed potatoes and for Just one night I ate like a king and had something that wasn't spam and ramen instant noodles or beans and cut up hot dogs

View attachment 1563078

Sorry for the low quality pic as you can probably tell by the mug if beer I'm a little tipsy in celebrating a meal like this. And this unfortunately is just a one time thing. For the next two weeks hopefully I have enough of those spam and beans and eame to keep from starving till next payday
What happened to your beer man?...

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
I'm lazy so make in insta pot :oops:

6 chicken feet
6 pork ribs (soft bone)
3 dried scallops
3 dried abalone
3 medium size dried anchovies
3 dried shiitake mushrooms
1 cup peanuts
lotus root
salt to taste

bring to boil chicken feet and pork ribs in insta pot, skim the scum
add rest of ingredients
pressure cook for 2 hours
add salt to taste
There is nothing a bit wrong with using the ol instapot for things like this. I mean, I'm not going to cook prime rib in it, but for a quick dinner in a pinch or for tougher cuts of meat, it's a good option timewise.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is nothing a bit wrong with using the ol instapot for things like this. I mean, I'm not going to cook prime rib in it, but for a quick dinner in a pinch or for tougher cuts of meat, it's a good option timewise.
I use my pressure cooker to make stews: I can throw in frozen cuts of chicken, unsoaked beans, stock and some herbs and get a decent meal in under an hour. That fucker will also squeeze every last ounce of flavour out of a chicken carcass to make the most delicious stock, and it's fucking huge so I can use it as a non-pressurised cauldron and slowly simmer stuff.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I use my pressure cooker to make stews: I can throw in frozen cuts of chicken, unsoaked beans, stock and some herbs and get a decent meal in under an hour. That fucker will also squeeze every last ounce of flavour out of a chicken carcass to make the most delicious stock, and it's fucking huge so I can use it as a non-pressurised cauldron and slowly simmer stuff.
I have been a pressure cooker fan for years. I don't know why I didn't start using them sooner. Maybe because I associated them with my grandmother shooing the kids out of the kitchen and them sounding vaguely ominous with the pressure regulator rattling on the top. Everything that came out of them was great but they made me nervous that they'd explode at any moment.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have been a pressure cooker fan for years. I don't know why I didn't start using them sooner. Maybe because I associated them with my grandmother shooing the kids out of the kitchen and them sounding vaguely ominous with the pressure regulator rattling on the top. Everything that came out of them was great but they made me nervous that they'd explode at any moment.
I feel you: my mother had an electric stove which was slow to adjust, so every so often that big pressure cooker would vent like a geyser. I got mine as a present and it took me two weeks to grow the balls to use it. I know in my mind that it won't explode unless I intentionally sabotage 2 valves and a rubber seal, but...

Miel67

PFurrie and MAP hater
kiwifarms.net
Last weekend me and my mom baked another cake with condensed milk instead of sugar, orange juice, and lemon zest. It wasn't too sweet, but still delicious. She plans on making it again for her former coworkers.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I made a batch of peach jalapeño popsicles, they're very tasty and have a pleasant amount of heat. The recipe I followed calls for roasting halved peaches in the oven and pureeing them, skin and all. You take simple syrup and simmer it with sliced jalapeños, strain them out and add the syrup to the peaches. I think there was a little lemon juice added in as well. You could even add some salt and if you're feeling wild, some booze, and they'd be pretty damn good. They're pretty damn good as is. Alcohol doesn't freeze well though so if you're making boozy pops you can only add in a little before they loose their ability to freeze up. Actually I think salt might do something similar? I'll have to do some experimenting in regards to salty boozy popsicles.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I made a batch of peach jalapeño popsicles, they're very tasty and have a pleasant amount of heat. The recipe I followed calls for roasting halved peaches in the oven and pureeing them, skin and all. You take simple syrup and simmer it with sliced jalapeños, strain them out and add the syrup to the peaches. I think there was a little lemon juice added in as well. You could even add some salt and if you're feeling wild, some booze, and they'd be pretty damn good. They're pretty damn good as is. Alcohol doesn't freeze well though so if you're making boozy pops you can only add in a little before they loose their ability to freeze up. Actually I think salt might do something similar? I'll have to do some experimenting in regards to salty boozy popsicles.
From my experience freezing bourbon flavored ice cream, you really can't add much at all. It nearly immediately fucks up the ability to freeze. If you're doing it for flavor (and doing it for alcohol content is useless), something like a shot worth a gallon is what you should shoot for. This is also something where you should really shoot for harsh flavors, so something like Wild Turkey 101 is excellent to combine with peach flavored ice cream. Or Old Grand-Dad 114 but you'll wish you had just had it straight.

Tags
None