What Have You Cooked Recently? -

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I bought Danny Trejo's cookbook and now I'm gonna eat a fuckton of Mexican food. Ok, I already eat a fuckton of Mexican food but still.
I made some grilled cod tacos with corn tortillas, shredded lettuce (instead of cabbage because I'm not really into cabbage) cumin crema, and pico de gallo.
He's got a barbacoa recipe that looks delicious, that might have to happen very soon. The section on donuts is killing me because I'm trying to do a no-treat/dessert/sugary goodness month and the donuts are very tempting.
I love Mexican food. I love Danny.
dannyyy.jpg

Billfreely

Hey Hey Hey! That's not okay!
kiwifarms.net
Parents had a ton of extra zucchini from theor garden this summer, so I ended up going home with two large zucchinis the last time I went to visit. Made a huge loaf of zucchini bread with one of em today. Didn't have any walnuts to put in it, but it ended up just as delicious as ever!

Wondering what I should do with the other one, though. Should I cut them up and fry em up like I usually do, or try something new?

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
Parents had a ton of extra zucchini from theor garden this summer, so I ended up going home with two large zucchinis the last time I went to visit. Made a huge loaf of zucchini bread with one of em today. Didn't have any walnuts to put in it, but it ended up just as delicious as ever!

Wondering what I should do with the other one, though. Should I cut them up and fry em up like I usually do, or try something new?
You can slice it to about a quarter of an inch in circles. Put it on paper towels and salt it like you would an eggplant. Let the water weep out and dry them off. then top them with seasoning and Parmesan and bake. That's pretty nice. You could also use it in a summer salad with tomatoes, cucumber, onion, some balsamic vinaigrette and you're in business. That particular kind of salad tends to mellow and be more yummy the following day. Don't forget to season it, obviously. You could also make a boat out of it, depending on how big it is. Scoop out the guts and put in what ever filling works for you, Italian, Mexican, Greek, whatever and bake it off. You'll wish you had more.

Salade Nicoise

A healthy French lunch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This is a really popular thing here. Pretty old school but so good. It's super simple, tasty and no joke the most delicious thing cold for a packed lunch. Kind of like an anglicised version of a frittata, before they knew what a frittata was. Except with some flour added and baked in the oven.

BanalEntropy

Cyberbullying should be a federal offense
kiwifarms.net
I made some frijoles charros. It was delicious and dirt cheap to make. Ever since I started cooking more I've realized how bs it is when people try arguing that regular fast-food is somehow the cheaper option compared to just getting off your ass and cooking.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

A cautionary tale about home grown squashes.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • Agree
Reactions: instythot

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
hot dogs
got a pack of sabrettes
most of them I pan fried with onions and banana pepper slices, then on hawaiian buns, first two with shredded mild cheddar and sirirrcha mustard, second two with same fried stuff but horseradish, stone ground mustard and cheddar, then the last one fried with onions, jarred jalapenos, and kraut with a couple of globs of fat off a brisket from a little while back , bbq sauce and cheddar on that bun
good stuff

Tags
None