What Have You Cooked Recently? -

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
I've done two big meals in the last week. One was for my sister in law and her new boyfriend which was a Chicken Pasanda, Lamb Shashlik and Tarka Dal. My shashlik is always 48 hours marinaded, minimum and tastes amazing. The Pasanda was super creamy and had a really refreshing tang from the yogurt and the Dal was super spicy and buttery because I loaded it up with cumin and mustard seeds deep fried in gee just before serving. I've given up on Indian restaurants, I'm better than they are.

Second big meal was a Chinese. I cooked crispy chilli beef which came out really nice and tender alongside a sesame chicken. The chicken was cornfloured, egg drenched then rolled in a flour and spice mix. It came out ultra crispy then got tossed in a reduced maple syrup (for I lacked honey) and sesame seed sauce to make it sticky. Tons of rice, hot prawn crackers and fried seaweed (which is Kale for those who don't know) finished that off. Chinese restaurants can also go fuck themselves.

I've also cooked a few roast dinners and things because it's gotten cold here the last few weeks. I think this week it's time for one of my legendary winter hotpots.

Haram Exercise

Some assembly required
kiwifarms.net
I've done two big meals in the last week. One was for my sister in law and her new boyfriend which was a Chicken Pasanda, Lamb Shashlik and Tarka Dal. My shashlik is always 48 hours marinaded, minimum and tastes amazing. The Pasanda was super creamy and had a really refreshing tang from the yogurt and the Dal was super spicy and buttery because I loaded it up with cumin and mustard seeds deep fried in gee just before serving. I've given up on Indian restaurants, I'm better than they are.

Second big meal was a Chinese. I cooked crispy chilli beef which came out really nice and tender alongside a sesame chicken. The chicken was cornfloured, egg drenched then rolled in a flour and spice mix. It came out ultra crispy then got tossed in a reduced maple syrup (for I lacked honey) and sesame seed sauce to make it sticky. Tons of rice, hot prawn crackers and fried seaweed (which is Kale for those who don't know) finished that off. Chinese restaurants can also go fuck themselves.

I've also cooked a few roast dinners and things because it's gotten cold here the last few weeks. I think this week it's time for one of my legendary winter hotpots.
take some photos! I love seeing what people make and that stuff sounds great!

Reactions: Syikeblade

Mr. Skeltal

Calcium fortified at your own risk
kiwifarms.net
Here's a whole lasagna I made on a whim last week. Lasted a whole 2 days before it was gone.
20201016_171649_HDR_(1).jpg

I made it lentil noodles, part skim cheese (mozzarella & ricotta), a parmesean regiano blend, zucchini, and my family's meat sauce.
The lentil noodles tasted just like normal noodles with half the calories, so it's less prone to pack on the lard.

SchoolLunchlady

Today's menu: verbal diarrhea
kiwifarms.net
Just put a whole duck in the oven for a family dinner. Veggies on the side (potatoes, sweet potatoes, beet root, onions, carrots), stuffed the inside with bacon and buckwheat, seasoned with salt and herbs only. While waiting for it to roast I finally have time to catch up with what my tranny and deathfat lolcows have been doing over the week.

Syikeblade

kiwifarms.net
Here's a whole lasagna I made on a whim last week. Lasted a whole 2 days before it was gone.
View attachment 1669977

I made it lentil noodles, part skim cheese (mozzarella & ricotta), a parmesean regiano blend, zucchini, and my family's meat sauce.
The lentil noodles tasted just like normal noodles with half the calories, so it's less prone to pack on the lard.
Huh, I just made lasagna with lentil pasta as well with spinach and goat cheese.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
Had a few things I needed to use up before they went south. I rendered some bacon trimmings and then sautéed kale, onion, and mushrooms in the grease, seasoned appropriately. I then sautéed a couple of chicken breasts. Boiled up some penne and made an impromptu alfredo sauce. Sliced the chicken into strips and mixed everything together. It turned out nicely. Sometimes you just have those clean out the fridge nights.

Salade Nicoise

A healthy French lunch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I've torn my ACL (what a fucking joy). Which means I'm mostly at the mercy of my family for the foods. When it's Momma, that's a-ok, because she's where I learned my whole cooking hustle. But my brothers... I mean they try. Frankly I'd rather them help keep my veggie garden from going to complete shit as we turn this corner spring into summer.

I can manage to hobble to the kitchen and put together a sandwich or some oatmeal or whatever, but more than that and I'm desperate for a seat. So obviously I'm just reading a million recipes for things and just dreaming of making some Khao Soi meatballs (:_(

The mission, should I choose to accept it, is not to end up in the Death Fat board after my surgery. UberEats + no running for 3 months = recipe for disaster. Wish me luck.