Jeff_the_Thriller

Thousands of years ago...
kiwifarms.net
124915547_10158787585293149_1680886638182791463_o.jpg

Fried pork chops and penne with vodka sauce

Troonos

Regrettable Cake Farts
kiwifarms.net
My new favourite thing: Brussels sprouts, baby potatoes and chorizo, smeared with pesto and baked to death, served with a blob of low fat soft cheese. Not particularly healthy but a nice way use up those last 3 potatoes sat in the fridge.
View attachment 1737590
I highly recommend Brussels sprouts with bacon jam. Find a good recipe and make it. It'll make you cream your pants.

Jaded Optimist

Me Love You Long Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I told @AnOminous I'd post my results here, so here it is. I cooked beef cheeks for the first time today. I followed this recipe https://www.recipetineats.com/slow-cooker-red-wine-beef-cheeks/ using a instant pot
Sorry, no pictures. Taste was excellent, meat was tender. I think next time I would cut the cheeks up more. There was small pockets of gelatinous meat, which I'm cool with, but I think if I cut the meat into chunks the the meat jello would have thickened up the gravy up better. I ended up adding flour, which wasn't in the recipe to correct the thin gravy. I served it with mash potatoes and roasted spaghetti squash.

I also cooked enough potatoes to make potato scones for brekkie.

The Real SVP

kiwifarms.net
Today's lunch was one of life's simple pleasures: Scrambled eggs with diced ham. Served with white sour-dough bread and mild gouda.

I ended up adding flour, which wasn't in the recipe to correct the thin gravy.
Try corn flour or potato starch the next time this problem comes up. I prefer them for emergency thickening because you don't have to use as much, and they don't come with the "flour taste" of wheat flour.

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today's lunch was one of life's simple pleasures: Scrambled eggs with diced ham. Served with white sour-dough bread and mild gouda.

Try corn flour or potato starch the next time this problem comes up. I prefer them for emergency thickening because you don't have to use as much, and they don't come with the "flour taste" of wheat flour.
I've only tried it a little bit but I've had some luck with rice flour thickening taco meat/sauce

TinyKitty

kiwifarms.net
Stilton is one of the saving graces of English food. It is actually sad how much credit England does not get for cheese. Wensleydale, Cotswold, Double Gloucester, obviously Cheddar, but the vastly underrated Stilton, perhaps the best cheese in the world. I absolutely adore Huntsman, which is basically Double Gloucester layered with Stilton. It combines the mildness of Double Gloucester with the intense flavor of blue Stilton, and is unbelievably good. Fuck you, French people, you could be obliterated tomorrow and cheese would still be delicious.

A wedge of Stilton with a glass of good LBV port is reason to live. Also agree on Huntsman as well as everything else. Cheese, Gromit, lovely cheese.

This is where I give thanks for a northern European constitution that thrives on dairy. I feel so badly for people who can't digest cheese.

Joshuan Moon

Punished Josh: A Fallen Feeder
kiwifarms.net
Tonkatsu. Always super easy to make. I used lard to fry it this time. First time ever using lard to cook. Interesting smell. It kinda reminded me of a Thanksgiving smell-memory but I know my family never used lard before. Could be grandma's cooking or maybe one of the extended family members but I probably won't ever be able to place it.

Result seemed to cook up less greasy than with oil. I think the left overs reheated better than fried with oil too. Though it might have just been that I had better control over the temperature this time. In the end making tonkatsu is just an excuse to use up cheap pork and eat delicious katsu sauce. Kinda hard to mess that up. I already got some more discount piggies waiting in the freezer to become katsu sauce holders in the not too distant future.

Cristobal’s Colon

rates thirstposts informative
kiwifarms.net
So I finally did a bottom round (butt) roast. I dry-roasted it low and slow again, with a generous kosher salt rub. Pulled it at 135F and it was tender and juicy despite 4-1/2 hours under heat.. It was more flavorful than the cross rib, but had a tough layer of silverskin which I mistook for fat. I didn't realize you were supposed to remove it beforehand.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm enjoying some homemade applesauce I made the other day since we had a lot of apples lying around. I'm happy with how it turned out this time. The recipe I use calls for a food mill to grind up your apples and I don't have one, so in the past I've just smashed it up real good. The benefit of the food mill though is that you can deal with the apple peels better and not have big peel-pieces in your sauce. You can just peel the apples but you get a little extra flavor from the peel (according to the recipe anyway). This time I cut my apples up smaller and used an immersion blender to get it sauce-y. You sort of still have peel-pieces but not super big ones.
I also hard boiled some eggs, and have been snacking on those. I love hard-boiled eggs.
Currently marinating a brisket for tomorrow. Shit's gonna be goooooood.

horrorfan89

You expect me to say garbage day?
kiwifarms.net
I know it's a day early my fellow kiwis but...I just couldn't wait plus I could probably make it again tommorow anyways but... beholf a full course Thanksgiving dinner for one with all the trimmings. A smoked turkey leg, mashed potatoes, collard greens, corn on the cob with butter and stuffing and gravy
IMG_20201125_194224.jpg

The drink you see is salted caramel apple cider spiked with a little liquor.

Happy Thanksgiving kiwi farms
🦃 🌽 🍁🍂🍁🍂🦃🌽🍺🍻🍻🍾🥂🍾

Salade Nicoise

A healthy French lunch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've come down with a verified not-Covid virus, so I've been subsisting off of a dynamite smoked pork congee as instructed by the legendary @Jaded Optimist and @BOLDYSPICY!

But now that it's gone I have this insane, almost desperate, want for fucking pound cake. I'm not a sweets person. I think I'm broken. Because my congested ass is contemplating baking a fucking cake on this 38c/100f degree day we're having.