What Have You Cooked Recently? -

MoffAlbert

Hey Hey Hey! I've been defeated yet again!
kiwifarms.net
I made some good chicken cutlets the other day. Just took some cutlets, shook em in a bag with some breadcrumbs and a ton of spices, popped em in the oven and they came out crispy, but still moist and tender. Once again, I had boxed mac and cheese, but I added some shredded cheddar and jack cheese and a little barbecue sauce and mustard to it, made it taste way better than just the boxed shit on it's own.

Tonight I'm not cooking, but I am preparing a chef salad with spring mix, spinach, turkey, ham, Swiss, and tomato. Got some baked cheese crisps to put in rather than actual croutons, I found some parmesan ones that are really good in salads.

Lame Entropy

Cyberbullying should be a federal offense
kiwifarms.net
Slightly overcooked but I made an omelette without tearing it for the first time yesterday.
20210506_113104_2.jpg

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
Oddly enough I was inspired by the tranch to make this after they shared a pic of some lamb shoulder they made (presumably from a lamb that died in their negligent care) with potatoes and asparagus.

Only I substituted the potatoes for stuffed mushrooms since I'm going back on keto. Oh and roasted the asparagus and seared the lamb chops to rare unlike them they chared theirs to a crisp, undercooked the potatoes and couldn't even cook asparagus right... But enough about that. Here's a picture

IMG_20210507_200028.jpg

Edit apparently master chef pennywise made lamb shoulder not chops.. But either way it had to be seared to rare or medium rare at most and not charred to shoe leather the way the idiots cooked it.

My point is I'm a way better cook

Last edited:

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
Made butternut squash and red lentil soup, do it every time butternut squash is on sale as its tasty and great to portion out and toss in the freezer for later consumption.
  • Pre-cook butternut squash in oven (I cut in half and and cook for ~40min at 200c)
  • Sweat 1 onion, some garlic and a small carrot in a pot
  • Add spices of your choice (I usually use 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1tsp coriander powder, 1tsp cumin powder), heat for a bit until fragrant
  • Add 300g of red lentils and 1.2l of water (you can use stock of your choice but I just toss in one of those little chicken bouillon cubes)
  • When lentils are tender add butternut squash. Recipe I used calls for 300g but who the fuck has time for that, I just toss in one half of the butternut squash, cubed
  • Cook for ~5min and blend using a stick blender
  • Garnish with whatever you like, I use a bit of parsley and eat with homemade bread or knackebrod
This is enough for one big bowl and 3 single serving containers in the freezer for later consumption.

Mooger Meng

kiwifarms.net
I've recently discovered, due to my aversion to certain textures, that I can't really eat an entire baked onion on its own. I've also discovered that a baked onion mixes in very well with mashed potatoes when they're both fresh.

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
  • Add spices of your choice (I usually use 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1tsp coriander powder, 1tsp cumin powder), heat for a bit until fragrant
I love smoked Hungarian paprika with lentils. Preferably actually from Hungary, they sell this inferior shit in the U.S. that isn't as good.

MoffAlbert

kiwifarms.net
Made some chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter protein powder and pure cocoa powder mixed in. Turned out really good, I made 3 batches of 8 cookies per batch and cooked them all at different times to try to get the perfect cookie consistency. 8 minutes at 375 seemed to do the trick, they were gooey and melty at the middle but slightly crispy on the outside.

MoffAlbert

kiwifarms.net
I've been getting better at making sushi, so for Mother's Day I visited my parents and made them dinner. They were eating before I could even get a pic.
View attachment 2157685
Tuna, spicy tuna roll, salmon roll, and california roll. Not too shabby for an amateur.
I've been meaning to learn to make sushi. Your sushi skills look pretty professional (and tasty)!

On a different note, I'm planning on making spaetzel tomorrow, any tips on how to make it really tasty? I plan on serving it with grilled bratwurst and some hard cider. (Because I'm a big man baby and can't do real beer and need my juicy-juice.)

Thomas Highway

My job is to keep you men alive, now let's move on
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been getting better at making sushi, so for Mother's Day I visited my parents and made them dinner. They were eating before I could even get a pic.

Tuna, spicy tuna roll, salmon roll, and california roll. Not too shabby for an amateur.

Genuinely impressed. Sushi requires a level of skill.