What Have You Cooked Recently? -

burntgrilledcheese

crumchy
kiwifarms.net
Phodon lol. I made a pho broth in the instant pot, and made some udon noodles since I didn't have rice noodles, and put it all together with some chicken and veg.

Attachments

• PXL_20210606_002848383.jpg
    PXL_20210606_002848383.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Made some japanese curry since it was mentioned earlier in the thread and I had a packet around and had yet to try it out. Didn't have any meat hanging around other than some lamb I plan on using for other stuff so just did potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, onions. Was extremely mediocre, not because of the lack of meat but it just had very little flavor, more like a slightly spicy stew than a curry. Though I went with the medium Golden Curry instead of the spicy, threw in a cube or two of the spicy and it didn't really do anything. Just gonna make Thai curry like normal the next time I make a curry.

Haram Exercise

one month sober
kiwifarms.net
Made some japanese curry since it was mentioned earlier in the thread and I had a packet around and had yet to try it out. Didn't have any meat hanging around other than some lamb I plan on using for other stuff so just did potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, onions. Was extremely mediocre, not because of the lack of meat but it just had very little flavor, more like a slightly spicy stew than a curry. Though I went with the medium Golden Curry instead of the spicy, threw in a cube or two of the spicy and it didn't really do anything. Just gonna make Thai curry like normal the next time I make a curry.
Jap curry really isn't spicy at all, even the boxes labeled extra hot. Just add extra of whatever hot spices you have. I like adding chocolate bhutlah powder or sechuan peppercorn to get that warm numbing.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Jap curry really isn't spicy at all, even the boxes labeled extra hot. Just add extra of whatever hot spices you have. I like adding chocolate bhutlah powder or sechuan peppercorn to get that warm numbing.
I don't normally like my curry super spicy. I get heartburn super easily due to spicy food, it wasn't that it wasn't spicy it just didn't taste like much at all. It did smell amazing though. Normally at a thai places I order a 6 or 7, at a place near me that does actual "Thai style" spiciness for their scale I order a 4 or 5.

Haram Exercise

one month sober
kiwifarms.net
I don't normally like my curry super spicy. I get heartburn super easily due to spicy food, it wasn't that it wasn't spicy it just didn't taste like much at all. It did smell amazing though. Normally at a thai places I order a 6 or 7, at a place near me that does actual "Thai style" spiciness for their scale I order a 4 or 5.
Ah well yeah that too. Thai curry is much more flavorful and jap curry is very mild both in spice and flavor. I like both but thai is definitely superior.

Helvítis Túristi

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I made four things for my meal. First one is pickled tomatoes. I layered a big jar with tomatoes, sliced garlic, bay leaves, dill, and parsley. I then poured over it a pickling liquid containing salt, sugar, pepper, apple cider vinegar, and water. The recipe also called for oak leaves and black currant leaves, so I might look into getting a currant plant.

I don't know the name, but it's some sort of Ukrainian chicken burger stuffed with mushrooms on the inside. I rehydrated dried mushrooms and sautéed them with fresh mushrooms, added flour and the mushroom stock to make into a paste. The ground chicken I added garlic, dill, allspice, pepper, and salt. I made little patties with the mushrooms inside. Pan fried them until done.

Did a basic bitch Korean sauce for my cooked garlic scrapes. Just chili paste, sugar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and mirin. Not bad, but the tips of the garlic scrapes are too fibrous.

Forgot I bought Japanese pumpkin, just boiled and mashed it like potatoes. Pretty decent and a good balance with the more spiced foods.

MoffAlbert

Hey Hey Hey! I've been defeated yet again!
kiwifarms.net
Another hot night, cooked some sliced chicken thighs in a pan with garlic, salt, and pepper, then put them in the fridge for salad later.

Another ~90 degree day tomorrow, wondering what I should make and how I should make it. I was thinking maybe crockpot pork ribs, burgers, or pan fried pork chops, but I'm not sure. Might ask the wife what she's in the mood for because I'm the indecisive one for once.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Living It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
0B6BB515-7DE0-4C28-9E92-91DBC6AB6233.jpeg4460A41D-F9D9-49A5-9CF3-39E6D6A77B31.jpeg
Tante Frieda’s Schattle Brot.
It’s basically a bread with lemon, rum, vanilla, raisins, and a fuckload of butter and milk that is supposed to be cut into squares.
It’s absolutely delicious, more like cake than bread, the texture is moist and chewy in a good way, and it’s just a classic dessert from the old country.

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
burgers
unique part was there's some aldi hard salami that isn't _bad_ per se, but it needs to be eaten very soon and cooking it wouldn't hurt, so I drained the burger grease to a mug for later use, and the remaining globs in the pan I fried the salami in with a bunch of red pepper flakes for cheap homebrew hot cappy
that's a big part of the burger

RainwaterDrop

~ 𝐻 𝐸 𝒴 𝒜 ~
kiwifarms.net
I made spaghetti. Despite @AnOminous warning, I lazily bought a jar of premade sauce because I was too tired to go to the actual grocery store.

What the fuck is WRONG with people? This is ketchup!
Buy yourself some garlic, chives and whatever seasonings you like plus mushrooms if you're into that and make your own, even improving some reputable store bought pasta sauces (by seasoning them, of course) makes your pasta better. There are some great premade ravioli in the market too if you know where to buy

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
Buy yourself some garlic, chives and whatever seasonings you like plus mushrooms if you're into that and make your own, even improving some reputable store bought pasta sauces (by seasoning them, of course) makes your pasta better. There are some great premade ravioli in the market too if you know where to buy
I'm going shopping this weekend. I'll get proper ingredients.

In my defense, the company store is in walking distance, and the lable SAID "spaghetti sauce."

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I made spaghetti. Despite @AnOminous warning, I lazily bought a jar of premade sauce because I was too tired to go to the actual grocery store.

What the fuck is WRONG with people? This is ketchup!
If I do this, I get a can of tomatoes as well with nothing added, maybe some tomato paste. The main sin of jarred sauce is the excessive sugar. Diluting that with extra tomatoes cuts that a bit. Also the Newman's Own sauces are among the less repugnant.

Homemade marinara is super simple and doesn't even take very long. It isn't a stew it all day sauce. A 28 ounce can of tomatoes, garlic, onions, oregano and olive oil. You can use an immersion blender but I just smash the tomatoes up with my hands. San Marzanos are good but nearly anything will do. I like fresh tomatoes too much to make sauce out of them generally. Do not use grocery store produce department tomatoes, they are almost always worthless.

RainwaterDrop

~ 𝐻 𝐸 𝒴 𝒜 ~
kiwifarms.net
I'm going shopping this weekend. I'll get proper ingredients.

In my defense, the company store is in walking distance, and the lable SAID "spaghetti sauce."
That's the whole thing, unfortunately, you can't really trust labels in regards to gastronomy. There's a ton of restaurants, companies and even cooks who have no fucking idea of what they're doing, or simply use the cheapest shit they can find (cheap almost always equals low quality - expensive also doesn't mean it's going to be good), you've gotta find out what's good and what sucks by learning about stuff.

But honestly, you're probably better off learning to make stuff by yourself (pasta is surprisingly easy to make once you get the hang of it and use a machine, of course), it's not as hard as it seems and there's always more to be learned. It's also way cheaper to cook stuff yourself instead of eating out or buying ready made meals.

Some Badger

Meles Meles Americana
kiwifarms.net
I made mapo tofu with chicken and scallions just now. I also added cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, coriander, a little salt and some fajita rub. It was very spicy and very savory but I put too much oil in and it seeped to the bottom of my bowl.

I take immense joy in serving this to my friends and watching them visibly recoil from the smell.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 8