What Have You Cooked Recently? -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If you have an Asian grocery store near you, they’ll likely have cuts of meat commonly used in Asian cooking. My local one has pork belly, short ribs and beef pre-sliced real thin that I use for bulgogi and gyudon, which is stuff you’d never really find in a normal grocery store.
I do have such a store but they literally sell out the moment they open. There is a horde of restaurant buyers in line before the place even opens.

Absolutego

Making dough but not enough to blow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My local grocery started stocking nopal cactus, so I made a mexican-style salmon with a nopal salad.
The recipe is pretty simple:
-put a cumin/ancho chili powder rub on the salmon
-Grill both the salmon and the nopal "leaves" (idk what cactus fronds or whatever are called)
-Pan fry some tomato and red onions slow to caramelize
-Make a sauce out of crema, jalapeno, and cilantro
-Mix the grilled nopal with the tomato/onion mix
-Put salmon fillet atop the salad
-pour the sauce everywhere

It was pretty damn tasty. I got super tired of using mustard every time I made salmon, this was a welcome break.

Haram Exercise

one month sober
kiwifarms.net
stir fry with chicken, vegetables, and a lot of garlic.

Attachments

• stirfry.jpg
    stirfry.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 17

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
sounds like way too much cream and butter, but I bet it was tasty.
It's cream of mushroom so it's going to be creamy very creamy. The recipe is great and can be used as substitute for the canned stuff and it pairs well with bacon

Speaking of which

I poured the leftovers on to two grilled grass fed 2 inch thick t-bone steaks from the meat my family raised.

Equivocal_Iki

Horns are 𝗁̶𝗈̶𝗍̶ spooky
kiwifarms.net
Hard-boiled eggs. Apparently my definition of "simmer" is far less than what online recipes think, so I failed a few times. Just do a rolling boil for the alloted time (7.5 minutes or less) and you'll have a good egg. Once done, ice bath for 10 min. Then crack the big end, roll around to crack the entire shell, then peel.

Haram Exercise

one month sober
kiwifarms.net
Hard-boiled eggs. Apparently my definition of "simmer" is far less than what online recipes think, so I failed a few times. Just do a rolling boil for the alloted time (7.5 minutes or less) and you'll have a good egg. Once done, ice bath for 10 min. Then crack the big end, roll around to crack the entire shell, then peel.
What I like to do is put eggs in single layer in pot and add enough cold water to cover them. Put on very high heat, once it comes to a strong boil turn off heat, cover, wait 10 minutes. Works every time.

Equivocal_Iki

Horns are 𝗁̶𝗈̶𝗍̶ spooky
kiwifarms.net
What I like to do is put eggs in single layer in pot and add enough cold water to cover them. Put on very high heat, once it comes to a strong boil turn off heat, cover, wait 10 minutes. Works every time.
"Cold water" is relative. I boil and put in. Though I'll have to try this to be sure. What doneness are you aiming for here?