• ”all feminist sleeper agents”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)
  2. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

What Have You Cooked Recently?

Discussion in 'Food' started by FatFuckingClown, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Another Saturday, another cake for my portfolio. IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0023.jpg
    Need to work on my dripping, the ganache was a bit too thick.

• Like Like x 9
    kiwifarms.net
  2. You need to work on smaller layers for the checker board look. Practice makes perfect rough, and hopefully you got the taste down, that matters more.

RoboticRichardSimmons

RoboticRichardSimmons Robotic Weight Saint
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. True, this is my first time making a checkerboard style cake, all in all it was a success though, good moistness and good taste. There's also the fact that I couldn't seem to find my large size circular cutter, so the ring on the outer edge is bigger than I would have liked. But all in all a success.

kiwifarms.net
  4. Made a slight edit, the layers seem even, I just couldn't articulate what I was trying to say.

RoboticRichardSimmons

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. No problem. Yeah, the rings are too big for me to really be happy with them, but at least I got the basic idea down well.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. By a hilarious coincidence I'm doing the same thing today. I've got a ham bone in the crock pot right now, along with some ham broth, water, spices, veggies, beans, and rice. I added some salsa and cheese, and once it's cooked I'm planning on adding some sour cream and serving with tortilla chips.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Peposo with Polenta. Those wops did something right after all.

tomthehusky

tomthehusky I used to do heroin and put a gun in my ass.

kiwifarms.net
  8. Cookedough1.jpg cookiesxdsorandom.jpg
    I made these delicious cookies! If you'd like the recipe, just ask!

• Like Like x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    ATaxingWoman

ATaxingWoman Professional Zombie Hunting Tax Investigator

kiwifarms.net
    • Like Like x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  9. This past week, I've cooked:
    • gnocchi alla romana with homemade red sauce - this was a favorite with my family; I didn't use sherry vinegar with the red sauce - instead, I used balsamic; I added sage leaves between each gnocchi, and it was fantastic
    • million-dollar chicken with fondant potatoes - they loved the chicken this time around, and the bread was the best part - I added a rosemary and thyme butter underneath the skin of the chicken prior to baking
    • sauerbraten - I had planned it with spätzle originally, but I arrived home too late, and made some noodles instead
    • shakshuka - I was the only one in my family to enjoy it
    I got all of these recipes, except for the sauerbraten, from Food Wishes. The sauerbraten was made using my grandmother's recipe. I was so excited to be cooking for the entire week that I made a menu.

Technically, Christmas isn't recent, but I made two beef wellingtons for Christmas eve and day dinners - they were both fantastic. I used jamón serrano from Aldi's (which undoubtedly wasn't the real thing) and a mushroom duxelle made with garlic, thyme, shitake, and baby bella mushrooms. I got the chateaubriand roasts from Schatzie the Butcher, which were prime and dry-aged for thirty days. It was the richest thing I put into my mouth. I made as a topping for the wellington a
    Beurre Maître d'Hôtel. It was accompanied by green bean and swiss casserole as well as goat cheese and cream cheese mashed potato casserole.

• Like Like x 4
    #771 Jane Lane, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Jane Lane

Jane Lane Squirming Bernie is displeased.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Fuck yeah I love Chef John recipes! Can't wait to try the Italian braised hot and sour pork.

• Like Like x 1
    RoboticRichardSimmons

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. Wanted to make peanut butter and chocolate fudge for somebody who likes Reese’s candy. Didn’t know what ratio would be best so I set the peanut butter fudge to set in a pan at an angle. Put the chocolate on top with the pan level. Created a chocolate:peanut butter gradient to find out what’s the best ratio.
    506B373F-129E-4486-9191-600B501FE65F.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    An Ghost

An Ghost Covered in sheet
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. The shelter I volunteer at is having a bake sale so I need to test out some cupcake recipes. First I'm gonna try just baking from a mix but adding melted butter in place of oil and tard cum in place of water and I'll have a taste test.

Otherwise I can just do that really nice chocolate cake recipe I use all the time

• Like Like x 1
    Bugaboo

Bugaboo I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Now that's some science I can get behind.

• Like Like x 2
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Sadly picture isnt great and shows my mistake (forgot egg yolk brushed on top of crust)

But banging pot pie, chicken lots of good roast bird and vegetables. Came out really well.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. I made a Basque Cheesecake. It's supposed to be cooked at a higher temp and without a water bath with no crust and results in a cheesecake with a much different texture and forms an outer crust that is bitter similarly to a creme brulee. It's shockingly light and airy and different departure from the norm it's somewhere between a custard pie and cheesecake.

20190217_200835.jpg

20190217_201150.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    RoboticRichardSimmons

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Today I tried out my new cookbook and made Corsican beef stew with macaroni. It was very good.

kiwifarms.net
  17. Just finished a batch of Ship's Biscuits ("Hardtack"), not flavorful or pleasant to eat by themselves, but dirt cheap, filling, and palatable with a cup of coffee or a slice of nice cheese on top.

Three ingredients:
    2lbs of flour
    a "punch" of salt
    Enough water to form a stiff, smooth dough

Divide dough into 8 separate pieces to make roughly 4oz biscuits, roll out to half inch thick. Place on baking tray and prick with a knife to prevent too much rising. Bake at 300F for 2 hours, let cool completely, then bake for an additional 45min-1hour to remove all remaining moisture. These will keep indefinitely, perfect for backpacking or bushcraft trips. To add some variety to them, crush them into coarse crumbs and mix with hot water to make a porridge to which you can add meat, cheese and spices.

• Like Like x 1
    ChosenCaleb

ChosenCaleb Dynamite Enthusiast

kiwifarms.net
  18. Sweet potato fries and pan fried salmon. I will spare you recipes.

• Like Like x 2
    SheCameForNecky

SheCameForNecky And do I help them? Yes, indeed. :)

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.