What Have You Cooked Recently? -

Livecorpse

kiwifarms.net
So I did some experimentation today.

Usually, when I make chili, I season it with jalapenos and home ground chili powder. Today, I made chipotle chile paste and used that instead, and then stirred in about a half cup of black coffee.

It turned out much milder than I expected, with a dark, smoky, slightly bitter flavor. 8/10, would do again.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Knows Kung-Flu
kiwifarms.net
I made some cake-pops that actually turned out pretty well. They aren't the most even balls in the world, the decoration is just adding color to the coating, but I'm glad with how they turned out.
F8B78221-3B0C-4C6C-8049-F7EC02E3828A.jpeg
They’re chocolate cake coated in white chocolate, they taste rich, and aren’t too sweet.

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I did some experimentation today.

Usually, when I make chili, I season it with jalapenos and home ground chili powder. Today, I made chipotle chile paste and used that instead, and then stirred in about a half cup of black coffee.

It turned out much milder than I expected, with a dark, smoky, slightly bitter flavor. 8/10, would do again.
I think my new favorite pepper to add are chipotles and other smokies to complement the spicier things I put in it. It just enhances everything.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well....finally made sushi

Cooked and seasoned the rice as detailed in my previous post here bout onigiri and once cooled I used my new sushi mat to make some stupidly gigantic california rolls with slabs of freshly home-cured salmon, avocado, and cream cheese, and served with good soy sauce and wasabi

...and it was the best damn sushi I ever had outside a serious sushi restaurant. As mentioned before the rolls were a lil too huge, and I slightly messed up the length of the nori sheet on my first batch but after adjusting length it went absolutely beautifully. I also made sure each sushi log was wrapped tight in clingfilm before slicing into pieces in order to maintain structure.

Would 100% recommend anybody else who likes sushi to try this shit out.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Frozen taquitos that I sprinkled jalapeno powder on before baking.
Jazzed it up nicely.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Knows Kung-Flu
kiwifarms.net
8FE6876C-FF96-41C0-B4D8-106C673CBD8F.jpeg
I had some extra cocoa powder from my cakepops, so I made a marbled pound cake. It’s very good, it’s basically just my pound cake from earlier but with chocolate. The marbling is more pronounced near the middle, and the flavor and texture is just right. Not too much chocolate, but not too little.
Very pleased with how this one turned out. I put some cinnamon into the chocolate to add just a little extra something to it.

Last edited:

Sexy Peach Emoji

The sexiest fruit known to man
kiwifarms.net
I make these for lunches at work. They are supposed to be like cornish pastys. I generally use onion, potato and turnip with steak. I make a big batch on Sunday. Sometimes I make more and have them for dinner. I usually vary the recipe sometimes by swapping veggies or meats, and rotate spices. Last week I used Herbs de Provenance, this week is Hungarian Sweet Paprika and pepper.

20200223_191150.jpg

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
I recently tried to recreate Fat Sal's Pepperoni Pizza burger (their version pictured below) with a slice of mozzarella cheese replacing the mozzarella sticks due to wanting SOME form of dignity in my own home.

The end results were two different burgers. One was made with a toasted bun with a schmear of premade garlic herb butter that somehow made the whole thing like ass, I could only eat a small portion of before gagging. The other burger was mostly the same save for the garlic butter, I swapped out the craptastic premade butter for a homemade version consisting of room temp butter and garlic powder and it was MUCH more palatable than the first.

Other than the butters, my only complaints were that the burger wasn't that flavorful (I blame that on using sirloin over chuck) and that the pepperoni was too thin (I blame that on not getting a thicker cut while I was at the deli).

Reactions: HamFan

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Knows Kung-Flu
kiwifarms.net
3938407A-9F4B-4D73-80AF-5944EA80BB54.jpeg
947EF2FF-BA2D-459A-9CE9-542CDDF06EE2.jpeg
I made some almond cake last night, and it turned out very nice. It has a nice, slightly dense texture that serves the savory flavor and slight crunch of the nuts pretty well. The added cinnamon and cocoa powder don’t overpower the almonds, they highlight the nuts instead.
It’s not the most fancy looking cake, that’s for sure, but that’s fine. I’m proud of how this one came out.

Last edited:
Tags
None