What Have You Cooked Recently? -

Argh My Cigar

Knoxville World's Fair 1983
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The hotdogs steamed in beer from Lum’s from that one scene in “The Irishman” inspired me to make my own.
6D9D7CC7-0FAC-4698-8FB0-D4B01BBA60FA.jpeg

Used 2/3 a bottle of Heineken. Gave the dogs and the onions some extra sweetness. Added garlic to mix things up. It’s not done how they depicted it in the movie though; they don’t just pour beer right on the dogs as they’re being fried, you basically simmer them in a closed pan similar to a dirty water dog with the onions and garlic, then allow the beer to evaporate before frying again.
They turned out pretty good, didn’t expect much of a difference so I was pleasantly surprised.

dinoman

🐹🐹awoo🐹🐹
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
woo, man. I haven't cooked in a while. I generally don't like to cook (because I'm lazy) and since I have a relatively high food budget I opt for eating out or frozen dinners most of the time, but yesterday I said fuck it and made a mac & cheese dish. Real simple to make, it's delicious and lasts for a long time.

I start off by frying up some bacon and browning some sliced/diced onions into the pan, not stopping to drain the bacon grease or clean the pan, that bacon grease adds a lot of flavor, next up after the onions are pretty brown I thrown in a pound of ground beef, again, using the same pan, get all those juices together. It's all better together and you can soak up the excess grease with some paper towels, you don't want it too greasy, just enough to add flavor.

After that it's time to dump a can of jalapeno chili into a bowl and put it in the microwave to heat up after the mac and cheese is done. Once the mac and cheese is cooked and drained, heat up that chili for 2 minutes and dump it into the pot with butter, tard cum, and cheese sauce packets mixed prior, after that, add some pepperjack cheese. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt & all purpose seasoning.

I've made different variations of this recipe a bunch of times but this one is by far the best, it turned out really good and I'm going to be using this version from now on.

Florence

He looked at me... and coofed in my direction.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Made Japanese-style pickles yesterday, got some pork scratchings in the oven in a moment, and I’m going to be making sausage pasta in a bit.

Reactions: heathercho

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aldi freezer section had "reuben fritters" nuggets with cheese-like food product, kraut, corned beef, and breading, came with thousand island dipping sauce
surprisingly not bad

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pork tenderloin with fennel garlic and evoo.

The big key is toast your fennel, then grind that with salt and pepper (whole pepper corns since grinding anyways) mix that shit up.

Tons of garlic evoo rub it in really well let sit a day then cook like normal.

It was amazing. It's those little tricks like toasting a spice that makes eh meat to damn this is a meal!

Background lasagna because everyone loves that.

Attachments

dingobaby

kiwifarms.net
Microwave meals, because I'm in a coronavirus hotspot and I don't trust touched supermarket produce and deli right now. Homecooked meat and veg sounds so good atm.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Ruins Everything
kiwifarms.net
60CD621D-C1A8-4155-AAF7-B37E74341BDB.jpeg
“Burnt” Cheesecake. It’s a recipe that’s essentially everything that you shouldn’t do with a New York Cheesecake. No cookie crust, you blast it in a high-degree oven, and it turns out great.
It’s a “toasted” taste, not a burnt one, a crust isn’t needed in the first place, and the inside is perfectly cooked despite how the outside looks.
56CE4A3B-7016-403F-9FC1-9A1167E27FCC.jpeg
Very good flavor, nice smooth texture, and a very pleasant yet nontraditional way to make cheesecake. Highly recommend trying it out for yourself.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1182555
“Burnt” Cheesecake. It’s a recipe that’s essentially everything that you shouldn’t do with a New York Cheesecake. No cookie crust, you blast it in a high-degree oven, and it turns out great.
It’s a “toasted” taste, not a burnt one, a crust isn’t needed in the first place, and the inside is perfectly cooked despite how the outside looks.
View attachment 1182566
Very good flavor, nice smooth texture, and a very pleasant yet nontraditional way to make cheesecake. Highly recommend trying it out for yourself.
There's number of dishes I legit enjoy burned to a slight degree.

unrelated tonight dinner was one of those "PF Chang's instant frozen chinese shit" bags of their General Tso's Chicken
threw in a can of mushrooms, then I did a pack of ramen up, boiled it in the chicken seasoning then dumped the noodle in
oddly lacking in salt but otherwise cromulent

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Ruins Everything
kiwifarms.net
There's number of dishes I legit enjoy burned to a slight degree.

unrelated tonight dinner was one of those "PF Chang's instant frozen chinese shit" bags of their General Tso's Chicken
threw in a can of mushrooms, then I did a pack of ramen up, boiled it in the chicken seasoning then dumped the noodle in
oddly lacking in salt but otherwise cromulent
The cakes just called “burnt”, but “toasted” is more like what it really is.
From what I can gather, the recipe is kind of Spanish in origin, and just happens to involve making the filling act as a crust.

Reactions: XYZpdq

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A semi-disastrous attempt to make what I call the chili burger. The idea is easy: mix cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper and sprinkle on burger. Then cook and serve with cheese.

It set off the smoke detectors and I nearly friggin died from how hard I was coughing from it and the ingredients; I have to guess it was me using a different heating element and the meat needing to be defrosted on low first that did it (that and the seasoning fuggin burned). It actually had potential though in that some of it tasted great and it was mostly non-burned, so:
Fuggindoitagain.png

mindlessobserver

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been on a bit of bread kick since corona-chan has given me all this free time. Made some American white bread. The real thing not the stuff you buy in plastic bags. And yes europoors, it is as good as it looks. You can smell the fermented sugar, and butter and it literally melts in your mouth. My daughter is presently stuffing her face with a peanut butter sandwich made from it not more then 2 minutes out of the oven

15844937121883497631351645345827.jpg

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Ruins Everything
kiwifarms.net
I pride myself on being a decent cook but this was an unmitigated disaster. First time working with dough. Now where's Lee to come do the taste test?
Making good dough is one of those things that you should use a scale for. Flour is tricky because it can vary wildly in volume, one cup isn’t the same as the next cup. Some things you can get away with, but breads aren’t one of them.
Cooking is an art, but baking can very quickly become a science.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Making good dough is one of those things that you should use a scale for. Flour is tricky because it can vary wildly in volume, one cup isn’t the same as the next cup. Some things you can get away with, but breads aren’t one of them.
Cooking is an art, but baking can very quickly become a science.
yeah between the lack of "uhh, I'll dump in some of this and some of that" and the mess to cleanup I usually steer clear of making bakery goods
like how fish is good but then you have to deal with the entire fucking place reeking of fish for a while

Tags
None