What Have You Cooked Recently? -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
had some sausages, those "Kielbasa Sausage Company" or whatever they get at costco, garlic flavor, not bad at all yet but it's a good day to get through them now rather than when I'll need to jump through some hoops to keep them from being _that_ bad
took my good casserole dish w lid
cut up an onion
dump it in
part of a jar of kraut
dump it in
a chunk of a bulb of garlic, like maybe five cloves? peeled and dumped in
lid on
375 for about an hour
lid off
another ten minutes or so but leave the lid in
oven off, lid on with a 1/8 turn so it's catty-cornered
took one out with some veggie

quite good, having it with some miller high life, works well enough
leaving it in semicovered to coast as I snack on it throughout the evening

fried jalapeño chips (think crispy onions, but jalapeños).
holy shit those sound good
I will eat those until my intestine explodes out my asshole
I remember Chilis used to have (no clue if they still do, been years) like, onions and jalapenos mixed and fried, sorta their answer to the bloomin onion. That was dank as fuck.

Last edited:

Disheveled Human

Imagine Jerking off to Japanese mens art
kiwifarms.net
Cereal with milk in the mornings, A uncooked can of tuna eaten out of the can with some salt and pepper for lunch and A frozen pizza for dinner. for a snack I have a pre-mix of canned fruit in a cup.

Maiden

OwO~
kiwifarms.net
made an enormous thing of stovetop mac & cheese the other day
50/50 pepperjack & sharp chedder, mixed in a cup of maple bbq sauce and a bunch of chopped up cooked chicken
topped it with breadcrumbs and crumbled bbq chips, gonna be eatin real fuckin good for the next week.

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Going to make a cheesecake for a birthday party this weekend. Any suggestions for toppings?
Im a traditionalist who prefers plain jane new york vanilla. However I do quite like cheesecakes that incorporate some kind of passionfruit compote/syrup onto the vanilla filling, possibly with some kind of white chocolate element added in.

TheImportantFart

Ronnie Barking Spider
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Boneless buffalo wings. I love the idea of buffalo wings, but I don't like chicken on the bone, and I'd been craving TGI Fridays's boneless wings during the lockdown. Thankfully I managed to replicate the recipe more or less perfectly. Going to make a doner kebab this evening.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Today, I steamed some bratwurst with a sliced onion in half a bottle of German Pilsener, then removed the brauts and finished by pan-frying with a little pork fat in another pan while the beer onions reduced into a sticky mess.

Served on very lightly toasted bread (to help prevent it from getting quite as soggy), topped with the beer onions and a line of mustard, and paired with another German Pilsener, obviously.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
grilled cheese sammich
aldi pre-made guac was still fullprice so I didn't bother to get any
heavy brown whole wheat bread, horseradish pulp, costco preshredded cheddar, about a third of a stick of butter
let the bread sit in the butter for a while both slices as it melts and soaks in on hellalow for like 30m or whatever so it gets in the bread and the cheese gets mostly goop
throttle up to medium and about four mins on each side, quite nice

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was making meatballs today but decided I was too lazy and gay and decided instead to enact a halfassed foray into literal prison food with my first ever Meatloaf.

Basically a 50/50 mix of ground beef and sausage meat mixed into a milk and breadcrumb and garlic and onion slurry with a couple eggs and a bunch of generic swedish meatball seasonings, plopped into a loaf tin and slathered with leftover pizza sauce. Baked for an hour and then left to settle for 15 minutes.

Despite being my first attempt it came out really nicely and was extremely juicy and pleasantly flavourful despite using cheapest crappiest meat I had access to, and went extremely well when paired with some honey soy kimchi, leftover sushi rice, and duxcelle sauce which probably are not traditional meatloaf accoutrements but worked well regardless.

Also by international law I must now drop this recursively topical song into the thread

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Plain Japanese curry has become my go-to lunch.

- Half an onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2” nub of ginger
- 2 big potato’s (3-4 small potato’s)
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 blocks of pre-packaged Japanese curry roux
- 1tbsp of soy sauce and fish sauce
- 1 carton (4 cups) of chicken stock

Using an instant pot, sautee the onion, garlic and ginger, pour in the stock, soy sauce and fish sauce, chop the potato’s and carrots into small chunks and toss them in. Pressure cook it for 25 minutes, stir to break up the remaining potato chunks, squirt in a few squirts of ketchup for some extra flavor, and you have enough curry to last you a week. I eat it with rice and a slab of salmon, makes for a filling lunch that stores well, can be frozen and is quick and easy to make.

Afinepickle

An actual pickle
kiwifarms.net
Made some Beef Stroganoff.

Seasoned then browned the meat in butter (I used chuck). Then I sauteed up some mushrooms and onions w/ plenty of garlic in the leftover butter and beef fat in the pan. Mixed in flour. Into the pressure cooker with beef stock for 10 minutes.

Served over egg noodles with sour creme. Delish.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I committed an absolute atrocity against a chicken by trying and failing to cut it up in a sensible manner. It isn't as easy as those "chop up a chicken in a minute" videos and I fucked it up horribly, seriously Scalfani tier shit.

That said, other than being unidentifiable, they were delicious once battered and deep fried. I Scalfani'd the first but put it right back in to finish.

• Feels
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Afinepickle

An actual pickle
kiwifarms.net
I committed an absolute atrocity against a chicken by trying and failing to cut it up in a sensible manner. It isn't as easy as those "chop up a chicken in a minute" videos and I fucked it up horribly, seriously Scalfani tier shit.

That said, other than being unidentifiable, they were delicious once battered and deep fried. I Scalfani'd the first but put it right back in to finish.
Ahh, batter+deep fry. It's the single equation that can fix pretty much any kitchen fuckup.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Plain Japanese curry has become my go-to lunch.

- Half an onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2” nub of ginger
- 2 big potato’s (3-4 small potato’s)
- 2-3 carrots
- 1tbsp of soy sauce and fish sauce
- 1 carton (4 cups) of chicken stock

Using an instant pot, sautee the onion, garlic and ginger, pour in the stock, soy sauce and fish sauce, chop the potato’s and carrots into small chunks and toss them in. Pressure cook it for 25 minutes, stir to break up the remaining potato chunks, squirt in a few squirts of ketchup for some extra flavor, and you have enough curry to last you a week. I eat it with rice and a slab of salmon, makes for a filling lunch that stores well, can be frozen and is quick and easy to make.
which brand/flavor, Golden?
yeah "Japanese Curry" is sort of it's own thing like USA Chinese food but shit's dank af in its own way

I have some chicken legs from the back of the freezer in the oven. Ran water through them for a couple of hours with the skin on and peeled back, been in the oven at 350 for a while submerged in chili pepper sauce and Badia curry powder thinned in water enough to keep it all under, looks like the sauce hasn't boiled down much yet so in for a while more but throttle up to 375. Gonna bake the fucking shit out of this until it falls apart or I have to use it as an improvised weapon against brigands that might attack tonight.

semper fidelis to all are armed Meat Loafs

Reactions: DavieJones714

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
a couple of Indian recipes, dum gosht (slow-cooked beef) and malai wali murghi (usually translated as 'chicken with cream')
both bloody lovely and can be made from stuff readily available in western supermarkets
Saw your post and decided to try this recipe today. It was surprisingly simple and came out tasting pretty authentic (though you will need a pretty fully stocked spice drawer to do it properly...)
which brand/flavor, Golden?
yeah "Japanese Curry" is sort of it's own thing like USA Chinese food but shit's dank af in its own way

I have some chicken legs from the back of the freezer in the oven. Ran water through them for a couple of hours with the skin on and peeled back, been in the oven at 350 for a while submerged in chili pepper sauce and Badia curry powder thinned in water enough to keep it all under, looks like the sauce hasn't boiled down much yet so in for a while more but throttle up to 375. Gonna bake the fucking shit out of this until it falls apart or I have to use it as an improvised weapon against brigands that might attack tonight.

semper fidelis to all are armed Meat Loafs
Indeed, Golden is the brand I’ve always used. Pretty sure it’s the most common one in the US, so I use it just for the consistency.

Tags
None