What Have You Cooked Recently? -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
pack of aldi frozen cheese potato perogies
thawed them sitting out
chopped an onion, half a stick of butter, salt and pepper, melt the butter down and keep it on low
add the room temp perogies and the rest of the stick
about eleven minutes, flip and stir, another eleven minutes, throttle up to medium, few minutes on each side until it's brown
good

A borscht-on

Population: BEEZERS!
kiwifarms.net
One of my favourite--if not my absolute favourite--things in the world to eat, cioppino. Fresh cod, squid, mussels, clams, and salmon (my addition) in a tomato and white-wine broth. Lots of garlic, and I made it extra-spicy with chili flakes and cayenne. Fucking hell, I could eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

And I have!

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Kimchi fried rice has been my go-to “lazy” dinner:

- 1 serving of rice (I cook 2 cups at a time and split into 3 servings)
- 1/3-1/2 cup kimchi, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion
- 1.5 tbsp Gochujang (Korean pepper paste) thinned with water

Literally fry the rice, add the egg, and add in the kimchi/sauce. Quick and tasty meal.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
An Aldi frozen salisbury steak family pack. Did it on the range with a lid, added a chopped onion and bell pepper, also a can of mushrooms. Added some various seasoning too.
Not bad
edit- forgot to mention that after I cooked it down a shitton I threw in some half and half too

Last edited:

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
-Shakshouka. It's pretty easy and cheap. It's a middle eastern spiced tomato and onion dish with eggs on top.
-keto cheese chips. Hear me out. They're genius. You just put chunks of cheese on parchment paper on a baking sheet and you bake it until they spread out and start getting crispy. Then you have chips for guacamole, salsa or whatever. I made some taco meat to go with them at one point, and it was incredible with homemade guac and chopped tomatoes. You can sprinkle a little cumin on them before baking for more flavor.
-We bought some Ethiopian food as a treat and I had extra injera, so I made some lentils with berbere spices. Delicious.

KeepHopeAlive

I'M not in lockdown YOU'RE in Lockdown
kiwifarms.net
Shephard's Pie.

I don't eat lamb (or veal) so it was just made with hamburger. I add corn to the peas and carrots, partly cuz I always like to beef up the veggies in any meal and it makes it go a little farther.

The massive recipe calls for 2 1/2 lbs of meat, so I always make a few extra for family, hubby's boss, friends or freeze it.

The mashed potato topping has butter, milk, parmesan, garlic powder, salt & pepper as well as an egg yolk and topped with cheddar cheese.

I know it is not an exact replica of my forefather's, but kids and adults alike always get happy when I make it. I've considered substituting turkey but have not quite had the heart for it, plus a few people would declare Mutiny on me.

I serve it with a big salad.

eta: did my old brain already post this? ugh, oh well.

Last edited:

soft breathing

god has left the building a long time ago.
kiwifarms.net
I saw Babish's recipe for Okonomiyaki and had to try it because I'm still on a cabbage-spree.
I didn't have Katsuobushi so we just ate it without them.
Most delicious thing I've made/eaten in a while.

The picture is stolen - I forgot to take one before I wolfed it down.
1592068002490.png

The recipe if anyone's interested: https://www.bingingwithbabish.com/recipes/okonomiyaki

Tags
None