What Have You Cooked Recently? -

Smurfskii

Fast Food Chain Owner
kiwifarms.net
Did you make the brick oven yourself? If so, how tough was it? It's a project I'm doing at home this summer....an earthen oven. Been gathering materials. I made stuffed gabage recently. A bit intimidating, but turned out pretty easy to do.
It is tough, I had to rebuild it 2 times with other people, but when it does work its really great, you can cook a pizza in 3-4 minutes.
Oi. what's your dough recipe? I've tried so many times, but it never turns out the way I want.
I never really use a recipe or write it down, as long as you roll out the dough thin enough it turns out crispy and cooked, just google and go with the recipe you see that'd work best.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
Beef is very expensive, right now.

Roast chicken with cranberry rye stuffing and green beans. The pressure cooker has made cooking after work so much easier.
Yep, I used the pressure cooker on a cut of london broil/top round that I had bought and frozen before beef prices got out of hand. I made a quasi Mississippi roast with it. It turned out amazing. I couldn't believe it considering the cut, but it needed to be used and the fam ate the fool out of it. That gadget has come in very handy. I work from home for the moment, but I'm still working so it's been a good little friend.

Orion Balls

Sorry Wendy, I love my hat girl.
kiwifarms.net
Yep, I used the pressure cooker on a cut of london broil/top round that I had bought and frozen before beef prices got out of hand. I made a quasi Mississippi roast with it. It turned out amazing. I couldn't believe it considering the cut, but it needed to be used and the fam ate the fool out of it. That gadget has come in very handy. I work from home for the moment, but I'm still working so it's been a good little friend.
Hey, is that the roast with dry ranch and pepperoncini?

E- What are all of your general opinions on slaw on a pulled pork sandwich? People here don't seem to do that, but I'm a fan, and it's my special tomorrow, so what I say goes. Would it wake folks up to a broader lovely world of food, or should I stick with the geographical favourite?

E2- Hey! Pulled pork sold out! Huzzah! Turns out people will try something new (to them) if they're in a hurry. Now, I just hope they liked it.

Last edited:

MobPsycho

kiwifarms.net
These days I just do a lot of greens, a lot of wraps. I've gone through like 50lbs of avocados since last month. Usually I like avocado on rye, but today I decided to do a wrap with some avocado, hummus, greens, and hot sauce. It was comforting. Toasting the tortilla (or whatever you use for the wrap) is very much recommended. Works for other types of wraps too.

Cat tit bingo

Stoner transformer autist
kiwifarms.net
made some honey walnut shrimp and it was great especially for how easy it was. just fried a pound shrimp in a batter that's equal parts cornstarch and egg whites, candied a cup of walnuts, and toss both in a a great sauce that's 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp condensed milk, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 cup mayo, and 1/2 tbs salt. definitely going to become a go to cause it just 10 minutes of mixing and 10 minutes of frying and candying

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
Hey, is that the roast with dry ranch and pepperoncini?

E- What are all of your general opinions on slaw on a pulled pork sandwich? People here don't seem to do that, but I'm a fan, and it's my special tomorrow, so what I say goes. Would it wake folks up to a broader lovely world of food, or should I stick with the geographical favourite?
Yes, it's that roast. It's super tasty. I like coleslaw on BBQ sandwiches. I grew up in the south, though. It's interesting, I never had it until I was in college which was in a different region of the south, yes I know we have regions of the south, and I thought it sounded disgusting, but turns out it's really nice. Especially if it's a spicy BBQ sauce. Only on pulled pork, though.

• Feels
Reactions: Orion Balls

An Ghost

Of foreskins past
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What are all of your general opinions on slaw on a pulled pork sandwich? People here don't seem to do that, but I'm a fan, and it's my special tomorrow, so what I say goes. Would it wake folks up to a broader lovely world of food, or should I stick with the geographical favourite?
Its the same as lettuce on a burg. The crunch goes with the smooth pulled pork.

AmarettoPie

Definitely not poisonous.
kiwifarms.net
Less "cooked" and more "put a bunch of premade stuff together". Because where some girls crave chocolate, I crave diabetes (while pretending to be fancy).
IMG_20200521_230700762.jpg
IMG_20190521_224835998.jpg

I also like making s'mores out of Irish cream chocolates, strawberry-filled marshmallows, and those Danish butter cookies.

I wasn't high when I decided to put that together, I swear.

Tags
None