What Have You Cooked Recently? -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grilled some Kiolbassa brand smoked beef sausages, put them on a bun with Dijon mustard. Added a side of coleslaw. Great July 4th meal. View attachment 1436605
I've mostly enjoyed their stuff, they get in big packs at Costco.
Also in potato bread experiments I've found that molasses doesn't work as well as honey, it seems to soak through the bread.

Patricia Highsmith

Getting away with murder.
kiwifarms.net
No proper kitchen at the moment, so I gently microwaved some frozen fava beans; drained and seasoned them, toasted some quality sourdough bread, used slightly too much unsalted butter on the toast, cut the toast into small squares and tossed the lot together with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt. Use quality olive oil instead if you're vegan.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Just great northern beans in the usual way with a ham hock. But despite being a normal looking ham hock, although really large, this was nearly a religious experience. Every bit of it was delicious and delightful. The beans with ham hock ended up with the rest of the family, and everyone was delighted. Just absolutely wonderful. So whatever pig died for this, thank you.

Also what is "great" about great northern beans? I guess they're better than navy beans, and definitely better than the utterly vile lima beans, but why great? I guess they're great compared to every other alternative bean.

Mooger Meng

Now I've got your autism!
kiwifarms.net
Just great northern beans in the usual way with a ham hock. But despite being a normal looking ham hock, although really large, this was nearly a religious experience. Every bit of it was delicious and delightful. The beans with ham hock ended up with the rest of the family, and everyone was delighted. Just absolutely wonderful. So whatever pig died for this, thank you.

Also what is "great" about great northern beans? I guess they're better than navy beans, and definitely better than the utterly vile lima beans, but why great? I guess they're great compared to every other alternative bean.
It might just be a case of a comma that fell off the back of the wagon at some point. "Great, northern beans" sounds like something said with an industrial-grade roll of the eyes when you have no other staple to use.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Pigs and beans are a winning combo. I made some refried beans with an unfeasibly huge slab of lard recently. There was a great nomming of noms in the O'Keefe household.

Save Goober

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I sauteed some chopped garlic with mushroom stems, bacon, turkey sausage, and herbs. Then I put half of this mix in mushroom caps, and half of it in halved tomatoes with the guts scooped out (pre-cooked; they release a lot of water). The mushrooms got topped with parmesan and the tomatoes were topped with Italian cheeses and had pesto drizzled on top. Then they were roasted.
The tomatoes were surprisingly the best choice. The best part is I used only one piece of bacon and 1/4 turkey sausage, so it's actually a really vegetable heavy meal but still delicious and filling.

fnaarf

Certified Femcel™️
kiwifarms.net
Ever since I started working again I haven't had the energy to cook, but tonight I threw together some curry chicken and pan fried zucchini and mushrooms. After three weeks of eating almost exclusively bread products or terrible Starbucks salads it tasted nigh on orgasmic despite realistically being a 6/10.