What have you recently eaten? -

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
Ordered a pizza from an okay place, especially for this area. Order says it'll take about 45 minutes. Eh, whatever, this place ain't a chain, I can wait. 45 minutes go by. I give the guy a bit longer because I'm patient, being a delivery driver sucks. Still nothing. I checked the order. Delivered already? I didn't even hear the guy knock. So I open my door to find the damn thing sitting on the ground outside my door. It was raining by the way, though I do have an overhang. Turns out the fine print specified a "no contact delivery". Could have at least sent me a text message on arrival though.

Box was still intact so no harm done, though my neighbors must have wondered what the hell place I was ordering from. Shit was cold but fuck it, haven't had good pizza in months.

Reactions: XYZpdq

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Made a cheese fondue for Mother's Day using this recipe. Added a small bit of Gruyere in as well as using a small block of sharp cheddar, and 3/4 of a block the same size of mild cheddar. I wasn't sure medium cheddar was equivalent to medium-sharp. Pretty much doubled the recipe all over.

It came out great. Had granny smith and honeycrisp apples, homemade no-knead bread as well as Cheesecake Factory brown bread (which my grocery had), and a veggie platter to pick between for eating. It was awesome.

teriyakiburns

Nothing like waiting till the last minute, huh?
kiwifarms.net
Sausage casserole. Well it's more of a stew than a casserole, I suppose...

Three cans of tomatoes, a handful of raisins, couple of handfuls of lentils, half litre of chicken stock, tablespoon of cumin, tablespoon of paprika, tablespoon of basil, tablespoon of thyme, teaspoon of celery salt, a half-dozen cloves, 12 best cumberland pork sausages (though this could work with the shitty "there's meat in there somewhere" budget bangers), two small onions (chopped and fried), three cloves of garlic (minced and fried with the sausages and onions), can of chopped green beans, can of button mushrooms... you can tell I'm digging into the emergency stash at this point, yes? Balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, some salt, a fair amount of pepper. It's basically a Moroccan stew with added blasphemy.

Accompaniment:dried marrowfat peas and chopped spinnach, boiled until mush (aka the best peas in the world); mashed potato; one bottle of Rioja; sexy wife.

Fuckin ace.

kiwifarms.net
Roasted bacon with onion and bread. Good shit.

My most common coronameal has been potato. I can just wash a few 'taters, remove the toxic sprouts, stick them whole in the oven for half an hour and eat with butter+salt or cheese.

Exist0

Double-dicked Super-Fag
kiwifarms.net
A platter of pickled onions, gherkins, pimento olives, a mild Colby cheese and garlic Wurst.

My dad used to assemble this tasty assortment when I was a kid and call it "pub food". 30 years later I can see why. Goes real good with a dry Australian lager.

I'm sure there is a fancy version with a fancy name. But an assortment of pickled, smoked and fermented foods will always be Pub food to me.

General Disarray

keyboard go brrrrrr
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good evening Kiwis, tonight I am frying up a split and pounded chicken breast for Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwiches (under broiler with sliced ham and swiss cheese) on toasted potato rolls.
I'll report in on whether it was successful. Fried chicken can be deviously tricky when drinking. I really enjoy cooking so I'll contribute more to the thread demonstrating epic successes and abject failures alike :)
I'd record it but My Drunk Kitchen already exists.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good evening Kiwis, tonight I am frying up a split and pounded chicken breast for Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwiches (under broiler with sliced ham and swiss cheese) on toasted potato rolls.
I'll report in on whether it was successful. Fried chicken can be deviously tricky when drinking. I really enjoy cooking so I'll contribute more to the thread demonstrating epic successes and abject failures alike :)
I'd record it but My Drunk Kitchen already exists.
I got a few of those frozen chicken cordon bleu premade breasts a few days ago. Good for lazy no effort oven food.

Reactions: General Disarray

Stormy Daniel's Lawyer

So it goes.
kiwifarms.net
made chicken breasts marinated with Kickin' Chicken spice and Italian dressing also, fried potatoes and onions in the air fryer...But not at the same time, cause that would be rancid..

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
I joined a friend's Costco run and I managed to get a slice of their hot pizza despite a lot of the items on their menu being temporarily discontinued, I love how gooey the cheese is and how greasy it is.

I also managed to find some time to go down to the nearest 7-11 and they had Dunkaroos in stock, I picked up a couple of trays and just had one. The cookies were fine but the icing just felt off to me. I don't know if the sands of time are playing tricks on me but I remember that the original icing was closer to the canned buttercream frostings you can buy in your local grocery store's baking aisle, this new one felt more like a denser syrup.

Wonderful Id

kiwifarms.net
The gym just reopened so I did my workout then had my post workout smoothie. 1 1/2 cups of frozen banana, 2 cups of %2, 2tbsp of pbfit powder, and one scoop of whey protein.

I earned my treat.

Last edited:

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
In trying to go keto like my father so I've mostly lived on chicken or tuna salads I use horseradish and thousand island dressing instead of mayo and some mixed nuts for flavor. Wanted to add avocado to the batch I made today but the damn store sold me ones that aren't ripe IE soft enough to spoon out and scoop.

Actually in an unrelated note has anyone ever bought fruit from a store and you leave it ripen only for someone reason it refuses too? Like I've had bananas 5yat refused to turn yellow on me before they just went from green to black. And mow I'm worried I wasted money on avocados that will never soften right. Just go from tough and hard to peel to rotten and slimy

fnaarf

Please Don't Touch Me My Dad Is A Lawyer
kiwifarms.net
Local Bodega began to stock these weird dehydrated hash browns in a milk carton and they're not half bad. I had to spice them myself like some kind of white person but they keep for an entire year unhydrated.

Edit: please why

Screenshot_20200521-005706_Brave.jpg

Reactions: Salad_Dodger

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
Someone hooked me up with a box of frozen airline food. I haven't tried any yet, but my freezer is full of heat and eat breakfast danishes. Like I have over fifty of these. Thankfully they're from one of the better airlines when it comes to in-flight eats.

I managed to make a tasty lasagna today. Albeit meat free. Tasty béchamel sauce that crunched up delicious on top, mushrooms, onions and lentils in tomato sauce for filling. It actually tasted quite meaty thanks to the fuck ton of mushrooms.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
chicken salad sammich
slice of whole wheat bread, some jarred mild pepper rings, some sirracha, a glob of Aldi Basic Chicken Salad, and grind some black pepper on it, fold it
nice

Tags
None