What have you recently eaten? -

TwoDollarPeePeePooPoo

I'm not gonna read that
kiwifarms.net
That looks fucking amazing. Jealous.
I’ve recently been turned on to Spanish food as it’s somewhat of a rarity here. Sure you’ll find a dozen tapas places but not many that do real authentic Spanish food. It’s a shame that Spanish cuisine isn’t as widespread as it deserves to be.

As for the restaurant itself, I’ve only been there a couple times. First time I had an appetizer of mussels Valenciana with paella (chicken, lamb, chorizo, mussels, clams, shrimps, scallops) as the main meal. This time I had their Andalusian gazpacho and the cazuela I posted. Both times I finished off the meal with a slice of homemade brazo gitano (gypsy’s arm) cake.

I wish I could share some through the screen with you or anyone else that finds it delicious. Despite not being Spanish in the slightest, I’d be delighted to see the love of their food propogate. I’m sure any Spanish kiwis could attest to the wonderful dishes that all the unique cultures of Spain have developed over the millenia. Hopefully when all this COVID shit is done I can take a trip and try them for myself.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A few of those New And Improved cheap spicy chicken sandwiches from wendys.
Good for cheap. I threw some jalapenos on them at home. Probably could get them to do it there but I already had one modification for one of the things I was getting for somebody else and I wanted to avoid confusion.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
A few of those New And Improved cheap spicy chicken sandwiches from wendys.
Good for cheap. I threw some jalapenos on them at home. Probably could get them to do it there but I already had one modification for one of the things I was getting for somebody else and I wanted to avoid confusion.
I actually love the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's. It's good for what it is. I haven't tried the new one. I hope it's not too different. I only order it once in a blue moon, but it's my go to at Wendy's.

Reactions: RodDangerous

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually love the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's. It's good for what it is. I haven't tried the new one. I hope it's not too different. I only order it once in a blue moon, but it's my go to at Wendy's.
it's basically the normal cheap Wendy's chicken sammich of a leaf of lettuce, a glob of mayo, and cheap bun, but now the patty is a thinner version of their expensive spicy patty

Reactions: Whatthefuck

Damien Thorne

kiwifarms.net
Hot links on a propane grill with some homemade mac n’ cheese that took half the day to make. I never made homemade mac n’ cheese before today. It did not turn out bad at all, although there is room for improvement.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
take out from the local chino-rican buffet
big pile of goat, oxtail, pork, and a pastel, or however you do the singular of pasteles
good stuff, especially for skipping the hassle of finding a place to buy goat and then cooking it for a few hours, same for oxtail, and I know basically fuckall about making pasteles

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the pastel was oddly pale
like if asians tried to make pasteles primarily out of rice instead of the usual stuff
not necessarily bad, but I'm glad I had a bunch of the goat drippings and a bottle of hot sauce
afaik they don't have anybody asian working there, hispanics should know about pasteling

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I made a regular ol' romaine salad with my usual fixings of shredded cheese, salami and bacon bits with Italian dressing. But for what was probably a first for me, the bacon bits were full of bone fragments. Like seriously every few bites I had that sickening sharp crunch. Tossed what was left of the salad away and did the same with the remainder of the bacon bits from the fridge. How disappointing...

Tags
None