What have you recently eaten? -

Old Wizard

I'm doing my part!
kiwifarms.net
Chicken biryani. Gave me mild instead of medium. Medium is 10/10, mild was bland, ~5/10.
Swedish pancakes, homemade. Made whipped cream ( 1 cup whipped cream, 2 tbsp sugar, tiny dash of vanilla), drizzled them with local honey. I'm told that local honey is better and tastes different based on what the bees eat but I really can't tell the difference.
A brown butter + sage + parmesan pasta I posted in the recipe thread. I added too much pasta water and it was a little soupy : (
Made Allison Roman's shallot pasta. Overhyped. Not a fan of the anchovy, although the anchovies I used were white (not cured for a very long time). I think the ones Allison uses are brown. She says you won't taste the anchovies, but I did. Smelled pretty awful as well.
Cold brew. I've been thinking about making it at home (cheaper, easier) but I need to get a Toddy and a coarse grind coffee grinder. I hear the Toddy and OXO cold brew makers are good, but a mason jar is way cheaper. I don't know where to start for the grinder. I've been talking to coffee people (you know the kind) and they seem to hate cold brew (it ruins the flavor?) and recommend $500 coffee grinders. Feeling a little lost tbh.

Helvítis Túristi

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Swedish pancakes, homemade. Made whipped cream ( 1 cup whipped cream, 2 tbsp sugar, tiny dash of vanilla), drizzled them with local honey. I'm told that local honey is better and tastes different based on what the bees eat but I really can't tell the difference.
Which ones? The ones you cook in the pan or you cook in the oven? No berries with your pancakes? It's more noticeable with the honey if you have them side by side and taste them. Also more noticeable if you're comparing them between honeys made from the nectar of only one plant. Nu jag vill ha pannkakor med hjortron och vispad grädde.

Desu Vult

Pronouns: nig/nigger/niggest
kiwifarms.net
Tuna and sprats. I'm currently in a shithole without electricity and thougjt it would be prudent to take along some canned food. Was a mistake, the weather here at the moment is exactly like the inside of a good fridge, a few degrees above freezing.

There's a feral cat hanging around there in what's basically a ghost town, and she's slowly starting to look like a basketball on four feet. As for me, I've had it with canned food (especially fish of any kind) for a year at least.

Evola's Tiger

⚡ 🐅 RIDE ME! 🐅 ⚡
kiwifarms.net
122043011_0_1280x1280.jpg

Old Wizard

I'm doing my part!
kiwifarms.net
Which ones? The ones you cook in the pan or you cook in the oven? No berries with your pancakes? It's more noticeable with the honey if you have them side by side and taste them. Also more noticeable if you're comparing them between honeys made from the nectar of only one plant. Nu jag vill ha pannkakor med hjortron och vispad grädde.
I made them in a pan (I had a plettpan but didn't use it, not sure if plettpans are more or less authentic?), and I didn't have any berries. This was more of a "run to the 24/7 store, grab flour/eggs/sugar at 1am and eat them on the floor" kind of meal. I also had nutella but I forgot about it.

Haram Exercise

one month sober
kiwifarms.net
Went to an Indian restaurant that opened like a year ago for lunch. Had avoided it because three different people told me they didn't like it when they went when the restaurant opened. Either they're plebs and I need to lower my opinion of them, or the restaurant eventually got its shit together, because it was fantastic. Got a tandoori thali for $13 and it was like 3 buffet plates worth of food. Immediately went home, slept for 5 hours in a food coma, and didn't eat till dinner the next day.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
Was too tired after work to cook tonight so I had a catfish poboy from a Louisiana take out place which may be where my fascination with Louisiana food comes from.

At least know I know what goes on a Po boy, a meat, lettuce, onion and tomato and a sauce I looked up to see what it's made of.

Can't wait to try making my own either fried fish or maybe homemade roast beef

HamFan

Hi, guize! OK, so
kiwifarms.net
I had homemade plain yogurt with strawberries, banana, and natural peanut butter (fresh ground at the store) for breakfast. Now I'm skipping lunch because of what I ate over the weekend-
Too many burritos. American-style bean, ground beef, and cheese with lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Ordered some Tom Yum from a new Thai place that opened up. Delicious but this is the only Thai place where the "spicy meter" when ordering is actually based on the Thai concept of spicy. Ordered it at a 4/5 spicy and it's equivalent to what you would get ordering something "Thai Spicy" at any other place. Need to get some Pad Gra Prow from them now since they might use actual holy basil instead of regular basil like alot of places around here do.