What history do African descendants ACTUALLY have to be proud of?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
The ethiopian kingdoms had some pretty neat stuff
images

site_0018_0016-1200-630-20151104173458.jpg

triptych-with-virgin-and-child2_new.jpg

wall-painting-in-a-church-on-zege-peninsula-bahr-dar-ethiopia-ap8c9g.jpg

2016-Ethiopia-Africa-Ethiopia-The-Historic-Route-IS-Hero.jpg
Which is infuriating if you find it interesting. There is plenty of history to be proud of in Africa; but people just ignore in favor of a bullshit at best claim about a place more famous. I’ve always wondered about why Egypt is specifically what they go with though. Is it because it has a role in Judeo-Christian mythology?

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which is infuriating if you find it interesting. There is plenty of history to be proud of in Africa; but people just ignore in favor of a bullshit at best claim about a place more famous. I’ve always wondered about why Egypt is specifically what they go with though. Is it because it has a role in Judeo-Christian mythology?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptomania

Because people were obsessed with Egypt during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The rise of the Nation of Islam and Black Jews came a few years after the discovery of King Tuts tomb and the insanity after that.

J

JE 765

kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this was addressed, but the Nubians only ruled ancient Egypt for roughly a hundred years (the 25th dynasty in the Old Kingdom.) Any other depictions of these conquerors are not positive.

Recent testing has shown (as I've mentioned in other threads of similar interest) that mummies share a linked ancestry of European, eastern Mediterranean and Turkish peninsula DNA. What they didn't find was sub-Saharan African. That's a more recent thing.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this was addressed, but the Nubians only ruled ancient Egypt for roughly a hundred years (the 25th dynasty in the Old Kingdom.) Any other depictions of these conquerors are not positive.

They had been at war intermittently for a long time, though. It isn't surprising the Nubians would have eventually won one of these things, at least for a little while. Contrary to kangs claims, though, the Egyptians generally portrayed themselves in their war-related art as looking entirely different from Nubians, although this too was perhaps somewhat of a distortion.

It's almost certain from their DNA though that they looked more like Greeks than Nubians, on average.

Ebonic Tutor

6664 Never Forgettii
kiwifarms.net
Peanut Butter guy was George Washington Carver, he did a lot of other stuff with peanuts too.

African Americans have an excellent food and musical culture to be proud of.

Jazz/big band/swing/ragtime (basically, early 1900s popular music) came from them. Blues came from them. Early rock'n'roll came from the Mississippi area, though it was Whites who created the later genres of it (like surf, metal, etc.). Soul music is Black music (so much so that the White version of it is marketed as a subgenre). Hip hop is Black in its roots, as is rap, which is fashionable to hate on but is a massive phenomenon that, like the other genres, Whites took and improved on considerably.

There are many genres, of course, which are solidly White in identity (like metal, or folk rock), and in many of the genres I mentioned White artists ended up going further with it, but the Black roots of it (really, the combination of their sense of rhythm with the instruments and melodies of Europe) are still important, there's no way to tell what music would have developed without them but I assume Europeans and Americans would have just kept chugging along with folk and classical, which is fine, but there are other things in the world to listen to.

Food-wise, much of Southern food is just African food with European/Indian influences (you can also say much of it is Indian with European/African influences, but either way it is basically the result of Indian and African foods mixing). If you don't care for Southern food (it's one of my big interests, which is why I sperg about it all the time on here) then that doesn't count for much, I personally rate it up with Mexican and Italian as a really important contribution even though it's not fashionable in wider culture.

If I had a choice of living (forever, and not considering things like friends/family) in an alternate reality where Blacks never entered the US, I would stay with what I have.

Okay, this is going to piss a lot of you off, but I'm saying it: American Blacks are cultural Europeans. Living in America, interacting with Whites, cut them off in all the most important ways from their African heritage. They'll never be ethnic Europeans but the culture they live in revolves around Europe, and it would possibly spare some grief if everybody recognized that and accepted it with the same sort of good attitude Latinos have about their Spanish culture.

Last edited:

gang weeder

kiwifarms.net
Okay, this is going to piss a lot of you off, but I'm saying it: American Blacks are cultural Europeans. Living in America, interacting with Whites, cut them off in all the most important ways from their African heritage. They'll never be ethnic Europeans but the culture they live in revolves around Europe, and it would possibly spare some grief if everybody recognized that and accepted it with the same sort of good attitude Latinos have about their Spanish culture.
Are you sure about that? The average African American IQ is in the 80s iirc.

Traditional Tet

Threads move too quickly for an old timer...
kiwifarms.net
So an 80 IQ German isn't a German culturally?
His point is that it's the collective group average \ they're different from Europeans due to oogha booga. But anyway I do agree African Americans have near zero links with Africa. Any attempts are usually sad fads like rastafarianism - while they mainly are European cultured (e.g. Christianity), it's a distinctive sub culture different from whites.