What if we removed everyone form the workforce who's 40 and over - Basically Logan's Run but run by Twitter

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I'm seeing this in quite a few circles that we need to remove anyone(although in most cases they just mean white men) who are 40 years and older from any industry of significant influence. Because these people are ideologically obsolete, I'd never figure I'd start seeing movie bob-esque ideas being promoted in a more broad fashion. I mean they're basically treating people like Apple products where you have to trash the old and get a new one frequently. That and the people promoting this idea and saying phrases like "their ideology firmware is incompatible with modern society" seem to be the type that's never even done basic computer maintenance for a desktop, let alone getting into the knitty gritty of updating a piece of firmware so they really have no idea what firmware is.

So if this standard was applied to every single industry across the board, how fucked would society be?

2Pretentious

Mad Lass
kiwifarms.net
I'm seeing this in quite a few circles that we need to remove anyone(although in most cases they just mean white men) who are 40 years and older from any industry of significant influence. Because these people are ideologically obsolete, I'd never figure I'd start seeing movie bob-esque ideas being promoted in a more broad fashion. I mean they're basically treating people like Apple products where you have to trash the old and get a new one frequently. That and the people promoting this idea and saying phrases like "their ideology firmware is incompatible with modern society" seem to be the type that's never even done basic computer maintenance for a desktop, let alone getting into the knitty gritty of updating a piece of firmware so they really have no idea what firmware is.

So if this standard was applied to every single industry across the board, how fucked would society be?
I can barely entertain this idea because I can't imagine a government implementing it. We'd end up with a less experienced and more inefficient workforce. Social security would explode because I assume that's what people over 40 would have to live off of.

And if they didn't get social security I guess they just die and our population shrinks significantly until our economy regresses.

SSF2T Old User

Empresses Of Justice
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to assume these are young people saying this, because if so, they aren't looking ahead. They too will be 40 someday, and at 40 you are still capable of doing things both physically and mentally. The only plus side I see to this is that the Dinosaurs in government would not even have those positions to begin with, but even then, there's better ways to make sure shit like that doesn't keep happening.

Troonos

Regrettable Cake Farts
kiwifarms.net
Retarded, but it would be unsurprising given society's current direction. It would create a massive new welfare class, and if that weren't an option, people over 40 would pretty much just...

KA5GaEv.jpg

A better idea would be to disallow welfare recipients and the chronically unemployed from voting, as they have no real stake in politics. Most people over 40 are established and are impacted by legislation because they actually earn a living and pay taxes.

GrotesqueBushes

Null yeeted my spaghetti dog avatar
kiwifarms.net
It'd behead every single company I've worked at before. On top of that you're getting rid of the true experts in most fields - dudes in their 40s still perform as good as the spry youngsters and can have literal decades of experience. I'd love to watch this take place in some isolated country and see it fail tho, sounds like an instant insurrection.

Sexy Senior Citizen

What's the big deal? It's called a fetish!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You don't stay in an industry for decades unless you're good at what you do. If we got rid of the experienced hands, a business would lose the benefit of that experience. There's also the fact that, as OP said, many of these people are only in this for the ideology, and don't know the first thing about a given industry. Replacing boomers (who know the industry) with younger generations who don't is a recipe for suicide.
It'd be funny to watch if it didn't affect the rest of us.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
But wouldn't that get rid of the 1% who are supposed to pay for all the social programs?

Last edited:

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
How many of those saying this are kids who never had a job?

How would that even work?
These days, most people have kids at a later age.
A lot of people who turn 40 still have underaged children.
Are those children then supposed to get a job?
Do these morons want a return of child labor?
Or are 12 years olds supposed to get pregnant like in the old days in order to avoid situations like this?

Guys.... I don't think this idea is well thought out.

Crazedking

kiwifarms.net
include ppl over 40 year old from government position and im in.

Old farts with no skins left in the future shouldnt be making decision impacting people for decades to comes.